Thread: Alternative Mirror Universes

Post Alternative Mirror Universes

When i designed an episode taking place in the Mirror universe, the DS9 episode "Crossover" (the first one in the Mirror) hadn't showed yet. Heck, DS9 hadn't appeared yet. So I decided that the Empire had stayed strong despite Kirk's attempt to destroy it through Spock.
    I'm planning a new episode where the Empire is establishing contact with the Bajoran Theocracy (or Bajoran Holy Empire), who had just left Cardassia etc...
    My question is; how many of you have different versions of the canon Mirror Universe?

------------------
    "As long as you can laugh, you are not
    defeated."

–- Jack Vance

I have a slightly modified version of the mirror universe at work. In it, Earth is evil (like it was before Goatee Spock went and screwed everything up) and the Klingon-Cardassian alliance are the good guys. Makes for some interesting play on an almost entirely human group. The Naussican Security Officer of the Crew loves to make fun of hoo-mans and their failings.

<hr>My question is; how many of you have different versions of the canon Mirror Universe?<hr>

Since they have shown many differences of the regular canon universe, basically just go nuts. I remember reading the book on the mirror universe with TNG(I think it was called "Dark Mirror"). It was a good concept, with the human empire conquering the Klingon empire and enslaving them.
    Then there was the DC comics version back in the mid to late eighties, which had a little history of the founding of the empire. So many ideas to do on HOW the mirror universe was put together. And it could all be canon.

------------------
    The pain, the pain. I think a neuron
    just short circuited. *thud*

This is actually something I'd just begun considering as a continuing adventure for my group.

Star Trek: Sliders?

After all, there could be dozend of 'mirror' universes, like all the continuums that Worf popped through in "Parallels"

So by the Next Gen Era we could have
    Mirror Alliance (as seen on DS9)
    Mirror Imperial Earth (With a small Alliance as good guys, perhaps, as mentioned above), or as in "Dark Mirror"
    A "Borged" Federation
    Khan's Empire?
    "Conspiracy" Federation?
    One where the Romulans won the Earth-Romulan War
    "Yesterday's Enterprise" Universe
    etc etc..

There's supposed to be a Pocket Book 2-book miniseries coming out, maybe in 2002, called "Split Infinities" that will be kind of a 'what if?'/'Elseworlds' look at different things that MIGHT have happened if certain things had been different in the Star Trek history.

Wink

Could be a cool idea, First...sort of an interdimensional Voyager. AH! Forget I said that! Sort of an interdimensional Odyssey, but on a starship.

I had a TNG based one where the last of the Terran starships were being hunted down by the alliance. My PC's got on the ISS Hood, excelsior class.

Basically some politics, ship battles and finding a way home - all in one episode

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator

AslanC Guest

I think the idea here is that there are as many mirror universes as you can come up with. The beauty of IDIC in action.

Certainly a Starfleet crew, on a special ship (Defiant sized? Nova?) with a cloaking device so as not to get seen and a dimensional shunt drive could be a fun game series. Every so often the storyteller can move on to the next one.

Use the sliders mentality. It was a test bed for the shunt drive, and instead they are now shunting through Mirror Universes trying to get home.

Dang...I might just steal this for my campaign at some point!

[This message has been edited by AslanC (edited 01-26-2001).]

Lightbulb

Oh, I like that idea. In the pilot episode, the crew is in orbit over Earth, preparing to test the new drives. The drives go on, a massive distortion of blue light appears on the screen, and when it dissipears they find them selves... still in orbit over Earth!

Of course, it would be a parellel Earth, but the Crew doesn't know that yet. Of course, to make it more interesting, they should be in a near-parellel universe, making part of the episode figuring out what happened and where they are.

Chris

------------------
    God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.

AslanC Guest

Question

I was thinking of making stats for all the old DC Star Trek characters, Konam, Bearclaw, et al...is anyone interested in this?

I also had a Mirror Universe different than the one shown in DS9. Back RPing the old FASA rules, I had my crew attempt to stop an imvasion by the Mirror Universe. With the assistance of the Romulans and the Tholians, the crew managed to defeat the nefarious plot of the Empire.

I liked Bearclaw - only read the odd couple of the DC comics, but he really stood out.

As for the "ST: Sliders" idea, the H.G.Wells threads somewhere on these boards should give you some ideas. (Sorry whoever posted them, but I forget your name due to being badly jet-lagged at the mo!). The Wells didn't have a dimensional drive, but was being shifted randomly in time and space (though I don't recall it ever meeting a certain blue Police Box that was in a similar situation ).

Hey! Any Red Dwarf fans out there could do a ST version of Ace Rimmer!

------------------
    "Hunter to Tempest, beam me outta here - fast!"

"Energizing... Oh, wait! I forgot to reset the emitters..."

"Chief?!!"

"Just kidding!"

Capt.Matt Hunter and Transporter Chief Andy Macintyre, USS Tempest, NCC-81205