Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GURPS Prime Directive

sjg troubles

SJG's primary FO left the company earlier this year, at which time it was discovered that he had been not doing his job (the company's books hadn't been closed for a couple of YEARS! Very bad as far as the IRS and FTC would be concerned, to say the least!) They seem to be doing OK (just OK) now, but they had a rough year.

And Steve probably trusts accountants as much as he does Secret Service agents now!

Hugh

PS... this info was all posted by Steve on the SJG website earlier this year... I'm recontructing it from memory, so if anyone has better info, then let me know.
    Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

Arrow

But there's a difference. Steve Jackson interviewed and hired the former FO who later screwed his company's bookkeeping. If it is true that he hired the FO personally, then he shouldn't trust himself to do the hiring.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Re: sjg troubles

Originally posted by Hugh Casey
    SJG's primary FO left the company earlier this year, at which time it was discovered that he had been not doing his job (the company's books hadn't been closed for a couple of YEARS! Very bad as far as the IRS and FTC would be concerned, to say the least!) They seem to be doing OK (just OK) now, but they had a rough year.

And Steve probably trusts accountants as much as he does Secret Service agents now!

Hugh

PS... this info was all posted by Steve on the SJG website earlier this year... I'm recontructing it from memory, so if anyone has better info, then let me know.
    First they piss off the Secret Service now they piss off the IRS, what next the FBI?
    Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
    Fell deed awake: fire and slaughter!
    Spear shall be shaken, shields be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red-day, ere the sun rises!
    Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!

Theoden King: The Return of the King

Re: Re: sjg troubles

Originally posted by ghosty
    First they piss off the Secret Service...
    That's not exactly what happened.

You can read what happened between Steve Jackson Games and the Secret Service here. The EFF was formed, in part, because of this case.

Question

Hope someone here knows --- will GURPS Trek use Star Fleet Battles or Prime Directive in terms of races? I was especially pleased with the races developed for PD, and many of them are still around in our LUG Trek game on the USS Thorondor. Just hoping that a GURPS Trek would offer more information and insight into PD races and their cultures...

The game is actually GURPS Prime Directive, ie. a GURPS version of the original game. It is therefore based on the SFB/PD universe with its version of the Klingons, the Kzin, the Lyrans, Hydrans and all the other races that don't feature in Trek.
    Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
    Fell deed awake: fire and slaughter!
    Spear shall be shaken, shields be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red-day, ere the sun rises!
    Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!

Theoden King: The Return of the King