View Poll Results: Has GL lost his marbles?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he's got nuttier and flakier than my breakfast cereal!

19 70.37%
  • No, he's just eccentric!

2 7.41%
  • He just has lousy taste in music!

5 18.52%
  • I have to post my response below!

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncle George has lost his mind...

Unhappy Uncle George has lost his mind...

From SCIFI.com...

N'Sync Confirmed For Episode II

It's official: Lucasfilm has confirmed rumors that boy band N'Sync will appear briefly in George Lucas' upcoming Star Wars: Episode II--Attack of the Clones, according to reports on TheForce.net and E! Online. It's not clear which members of the popular band have cameos in the movie, a Lucasfilm spokesperson told MTV. The popsters will be seen for a fleeting moment in a "big scene with lots of extras," the spokesperson said.

It's also unclear why Lucas agreed to include the band. The New York Post reported that Lucas acceded to a request from his pre-teen daughters, who are big fans of the band. But Lucasfilm representative Lynn Hale told E! Online that Lucas' daughters "didn't have anything to do with it" and that the band's members, who are big Star Wars fans, asked producer Rick McCallum if they could appear in Episode II.

Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

As long as it is a fleeting and extreamly brief scene, and they keep their traps shut...Who cares? They're just another bunch of extras.

Perrryyy Guest

Angry Nuttier than Grape Nuts

A teen girl's dream in a Lucas movie?

Isn't this just a feeble attempt to get more eyeballs (in this case, mind-numbed 13 year old girls) into the theater?

SHEESH!

Talking

Let us all take a moment and pray that they don't sing in the film...or show up on the soundtrack....

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by Atlirith
    Let us all take a moment and pray that they don't sing in the film...or show up on the soundtrack....
    A MOMENT?! How about a month... a week... heck A WHOLE YEAR!

Originally posted by Perrryyy

A MOMENT?! How about a month... a week... heck A WHOLE YEAR!
    Unfortunately, we don't have a year.

We have until May.

All it said is that they were going to be in the background with a lot of other extras. I don't think that qualifies as time to hit that big "Red Button" marked "PANIC."

This is why I don't listen or actively seek out info on movies like Ep. II. I mean there are already more people out there saying that the movie will not be good. Remember most people around here said "Give Enterprise a chnace to prove itself." Now, I say the same here. The trailer I saw looked very good, I'm hyped to see it in May.

My advice is sit back, wait, watch the movie when it comes out, and then judge.

I know this sounds different coming from me, with all the slagging I did of Ent in the past, but I did give it a chance to disappoint me and in the very beginning I liked it. Later eps have proven my orginal opinions were correct. At least I gave it a chance.

Arrow

This is why I don't listen or actively seek out info on movies like Ep. II. I mean there are already more people out there saying that the movie will not be good. Remember most people around here said "Give Enterprise a chnace to prove itself." Now, I say the same here.
    Yeah, but you don't see nor hear Berman or Braga casting N'SYNC on Enterprise nor on Star Trek X: Nemesis

*** fingers crossed ***
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

I'm sure it wont affect the movie at all, really. Which begs the question: why the hell..?

Ew.

The Doc
    So you think, 'Might as well,
    Dance a Tango to Hell,
    at least I'll have Tangoed at all.'
    -- "Rent," Jonathan Larson

Originally posted by REG

Yeah, but you don't see nor hear Berman or Braga casting N'SYNC on Enterprise nor on Star Trek X: Nemesis

*** fingers crossed ***
    Perhaps they are SW fans. I don't know. I was once told that Nimoy was an extra on B5...I never even noticed until I was told about a year later that he was on (I still don't remember seeing him). They probably will be cast as a group walking down a street in the background or something.

I think there are other points that should be more central to how the movie will be precived in the coming months...How it looks physically, the acting, the story/writing. Not that a Teen band will be somewhere in the background of a movie that is about 2 hrs long (that's a lot of background to searching.) As long as they have no central speaking parts, the point is rather trivial.

Mike as to why? Why does any star cameo in a movie?

Talking

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

supposedly portraying jedis and they get smoked by battle droids...
    way in the background and won't have any lines..
    god,grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,The good fortune to run into the ones I do,And the eyesight to tell the difference..

NSDQ

Doesn't bother me - they're just extras.

Perrryyy Guest
    I'm gonna back off my original statement and "follow the herd" on this. As long as they don't sing (actually I'd prefer they not have speaking roles either), then I don't mind it.

I've never been a big SW fan anyhow, so I won't lose sleep over it.

Thumbs down

Originally posted by LizardQueen
    Doesn't bother me - they're just extras.
    It will bother me.

I'm going to be in a dark, crowded movie theater surrounded by a sea of feminine hormone with their pierced belly exposed trying to reach over and spot one of the boy band, then nag at me by asking "Do you see Justin?" "Do you see Lance?"

It's like watching the Super Bowl with my girlfriend commenting on the backsides of the football players, who of course picked this opportunity to ask me about the sport of football. "What's a punt?" "What's roughing a kicker?" "Why do quarterback slide on the ground?"

AARRGH!!!
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer