Thread: Ship Images w/ Stats?

Ship Images w/ Stats?

Hello There Everyone,
    Just a bit curious. I was wondering if anybody's interested in getting ship images drawn of their creations here in Spacedock? I've got artists to create them! I've always loved your Spacedock material but I'd love to see the modified/kitbashed ships themselves when you post threads here. I've got two Yahoo! clubs with just those artistic resources, ready to volunteer to your commitment to detail. 90 Members in each Yahoo! club can't all be wrong.

Main Overview Site:
    http://www.angelfire.com/ak4/startre...roduction.html

Starbase 666 / Hell's-Gate Station:
    http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/starbase666

Likara Shipyards:
    http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/likarashipyards

Jason K.S. Hauck / Captain Jonathan Alexander Morgan,
    C.O., Hell's-Gate Station.
    ufpi_morgan@hotmail.com
    "We're Starfleet Officers, Mister Kim. 'Weird,' is part of the job."
    - Captain Kathrine Janeway, USS Voyager.

Originally posted by hellsgate: I was wondering if anybody's interested in getting ship images drawn of their creations here in Spacedock? I've got artists to create them! I've always loved your Spacedock material but I'd love to see the modified/kitbashed ships themselves when you post threads here. I've got two Yahoo! clubs with just those artistic resources, ready to volunteer to your commitment to detail. 90 Members in each Yahoo! club can't all be wrong.
    HIdy, hellsfire and welcome to the forums. I've seen your work at Likara shipyards and it looks quite nice (yes, I'm registered for the club.) I noticed some good designs over there that I've been thinking of working stats up for. As for drawing designs...I can't speak for everyone else but I like the idea. One idea is to just go back through the Spacedock forum archives. There are plenty of designs that your artists can have fun with. I worked up stats for a couple of Bernd Schnieder's ships from EAS myself. BTW if any of your fellow artists at Likara or Hellsgate want to join the forums, they are more than welcome.
    The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Originally posted by Highway Hoss
    As for drawing designs...I can't speak for everyone else but I like the idea. One idea is to just go back through the Spacedock forum archives. There are plenty of designs that your artists can have fun with
    Yes, sounds like a good idea, but I would suggest you contact the designers before you start drawing (e.g. send them a private forum message), since some of them might have ideas on how their ships look even if they didn't provide a detailed description in their posts.

And welcome to the forum.

Well, that's a very cool offer, hellsgate! I'm sure you'll have plenty of takers.

I just hope you're still around when the time comes to re-do the first Ship Recognition Manual.

Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

Has anything come of this?

I'd LOVE to have some illustrations of the SRM ships to go with the descriptions in the SRM's.

Meanwhile...

Would you be interested in further developing some already-created ship designs? My freehand pencil drawings can only go so far, and I'd love to see where someone else could take them.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook