Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone still watching Enterprise?

Perrryyy Guest

anyone still watching Enterprise?

Spoilers follow, kinda?

I thought the running gag about Trip & pineapple was hysterical, though I was a bit disappointed that we never learned who was chasing the crew (or did we?)

I gave up Enterprise for Lent. Or Lint. Your choice.

Arrow

Hence the episode title, "Silent Enemy."

I kinda like it. It gives a sense of mystery. What are they doing? Why didn't they blow up the Enteprrise ship when they had the chance?

No doubt they will appear again, perhaps as a wildcard.

I gave up Enterprise for Lent. Or Lint. Your choice.
    Must be Lint. Check your navel.

I don't recall Lent starting in January (speaking as a lapse Catholic).
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

As a practicing Roman Catholic, let me state...

I always get Lent and Advent confused. Not like the Church couldn't have picked too more different words... but I digress...

As for Enterprise, yes've been watching and "Silent Enemy" made it's way up the list to second favorite episode for me (right behind "Broken Bow").

I've heard two theories about who the aliens were:

1. An earler incarnation of Species 8472

2. The Tzenkethi

I think I buy number two more than I do number one.

Absolutely I'm still watching. Actually, despite the serious concerns I had about the series' quality (especially after teh last piece of crap they flushed on us...), I've been rather pleased with this one. There's much more character interplay and much more humanity in this one than the past three series combined.

Now if they can steer clear of pseudo-tech solutions for every little problem, we'll be in good shape...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Arrow

Add #3: another mysterious alien we never knew about.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Originally posted by REG
    Must be Lint. Check your navel.

I don't recall Lent starting in January (speaking as a lapse Catholic).
    I was speaking as a practicing athiest and was being sarcastic. I watched the first set of Enterprise episodes before they started re-running them, and have been beyond disappointed with them. I just threw my hands in the air and gave up. I've got better things to do with my Saturday Night One Hour. Like clean my navel.

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by Anomaly

I was speaking as a practicing athiest and was being sarcastic. I watched the first set of Enterprise episodes before they started re-running them, and have been beyond disappointed with them. I just threw my hands in the air and gave up. I've got better things to do with my Saturday Night One Hour. Like clean my navel.
    An HOUR to clean your navel?!

Originally posted by qerlin
    Now if they can steer clear of pseudo-tech solutions for every little problem, we'll be in good shape...
    Well, they just had to have pseudo-tech for this one since Andre Bormanis (a.k.a. the Science Advisor) wrote it.

- Daniel
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Watched a couple more episodes beyond the pilot and still wasn't impressed with the story, the characters, or much of anything.

I now exclusively spend my Wed nights watching other (better) shows or working on the computer.

So, that's be a "no."
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

I thought Silent Enemy was slightly on the good side, but nothing very special. Didn't they promise there wouldn't be any babble? I never minded the babble before, it had no effect on understanding or enjoying the show. But it just doesn't seem very Enterprisey. As a whole, I still think Enterprise is higher quality than any previous series. I liked the concept and effects of Cold Front, but it didn't seem very well written. Kinda clunky.

I had such hopes for the show.

I really wanted it to be good.

But it is boring the hell out of me on a weekly basis.

But it has given me a new respect for Voyager
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations...

Pessimists are seldom disappointed.

I never really had high hopes for the show. Didn't like the premise, thought if they continued the story from where it left off would have been better.

The characters? Let me know when the actors get into their roles. I completly agree with Zym. BORING! No let me rephraseBORING!!!!

One good thing about it, it makes you relish what has gone before TOS, TNG, DS9 and I never had any complaints about Voyager.

I await the beginning of the Romulan War, I want to see how B&B and their croneies screw it up.

I still watch it.

Funny, I have the absolute opposite reaction of Captain Zymmer and Phantom. Although I haven't been raving over it, I think to myself "at least it's better than Voyager".

Although I haven't warmed to all of the characters, I do like Archer better than Janeway and find them more palatable than Chakotay and not as boring as Kim. Sorry Kim, wanted ta like ya.

Silent Enemy in my opinion was the weakest thusfar... The pacing just was just not agreeable to me. We never learn anything about either the enemy or .. dang forgot his name... (well at least we learn he likes pineapple).

There are of course the irritating things... Stuff like phasers introduced so early in the series (I thought they were trying to make it on their own, less recognizable trek elements)... and damn aren't they wasting a lot of valuable communications time trying to find out what this fellow eats?!

Oh well.

The only thing thus far that I have decided to use from Ent. as canon in my game (future game) is NX-06 USS Cerberus,

Anyone come up with a class name? I really hate the "NX-class" vessel nonsense they are spouting on the show.