Thread: Admiral and his Fleet

Question Admiral and his Fleet

Opening the can to start campaigning again and I have what I think is a great idea (of course) but, I have a question about the rank of Admiral.

What I have in mind is a fleet of 9 ships exploring space that has been given to the Federation after the war with the Tzenkethi that borders Cardassian space. I was thinking of using 9 ships with the PC's belonging to one of those ships. The questions is which rank of admiral or is it not important.

Anybody with some input would be greatly apprecited.

Ronin84

the rank of your admiral is important.
    for is rank, you must know :
    -the size of is fleet
    -the all class of ships
    -the current fleet assignement
    -the renow of the admiral.
    -the player's ship is the flagship,or not

As you see is not necessery important. your fleet can be commanded by a youth rising star low grade admiral or an old high rank admiral how want a small reaction fleet.

is your choise

Smile

Wat are the class of ship in the fleet? A fleet of 9 Defiant class ships would be commanded by a Captain but if there is two Galaxy class ships in the fleet than a high ranking admiral would be needed.

Lightbulb

Fleshing out the detail a little more.

The year is 2365, yea the first year of TNG, the fleet consists of 3 Excelsior class ships 3 Ambassador and 3 Nebula. The ships are intended to work apart and together at times if need be. The other part is that the PC's are lower decked on one of the Excelsior class ships.

I am hoping that they begin to distinguish themselves and move up thorugh the fleet as they begin to become those new "rising stars" in the fleet.

Thanks and once again any other input is welcome, as none of my players even look at this site.

Ronin84

Melbourne, Australia. Winner of the First Trek Survivor Trivia Show, and Bearer of the Steve Long Pink Elephant Stamp of Learning. :)

IMO, this fleet would probably be better served by operating out of a Starbase. Possibly a frontier setting, and a Starbase with a high number - and it would certainly have an Admiral in charge. Not necessarily a high-ranking Admiral, but an Admiral none-the-less. Each ship would be commanded by Captains, with Commanders as their XOs.

This way, you get the best of everything...

------------------
    How do I set a Laser Printer to stun?

Actually if it is only 9 ships I'd pick a senior Captain that is trying to make Admiral. Gives them something to work towards. They would have the title of "Commadore" but would be a Captain in rank. (This is how most modern navies do it IIRC).

------------------
    TK

Lightbulb

Hmm...Now that I had not considered, but I also am trying to keep a little to what has been given about the area that the campaign will be taking place in. Plus at this time the Feds and Cardies (sp) are still fighting. Does anyone remember if there were Starbases near the Cardassian border before DS9. I think that there were but don't have my DS9 tech book with me.

Ronin84