Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Relic site update

Exclamation Star Trek: Relic site update

For the one or two of you who might care, I've added some new material to the Star Trek: Universe Campaign Sourcebook area of my Star Trek: Relic site. The new material covers background items as stardates, issued equipment and Starfleet regulations. The new material can be found at http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...rce/source.htm and the main page can be accessed by clicking on the banner below.

Enjoy!

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Smile

Thanks, Styro...

I was really honoured when Bernd Schneider of http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ linked to the Oberth stuff.

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!

Very nice!

Nice layout on your site Owen, I enjoyed browsing around there tonight.

Your deckplans are excellent! I was very impressed by the research station and the subspace relay, so much that I will have to work them into a campaign setting!

The site's been great before & keeps improving. You've avoided some of the traps I stepped into doing my site -- too much attempt to make an LCARS-ish interface. It's nice and clean and works well.

Think I'll be taking a tip from you for my upcoming revamp.

Stay tuned: I found a decent official MSD for the Akira -class and have worked out placement of stuff inside from it. Hopefully, it'll be up in a few weeks.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Exclamation

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Talking

I like it. Especially the NPC section
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

"but would it be possible to convert these plans into a more printer-friendly format?"

I'll look into that, but I can't promise anything in the immediate future. You can try printing an inverted (i.e. negative) image - that may be somewhat more printer friendly.

"Stay tuned: I found a decent official MSD for the Akira -class and have worked out placement of stuff inside from it. Hopefully, it'll be up in a few weeks."

Cool! I'd really like to see that. Keep us informed.

One more update...

At the request of Dan Gurden, I've done a preliminary deck plan for the Romulan Theta Class Shuttle. I've based it on the information in the DS9 Tech Manual as to size and crew complement (24.23m long, 15+ officers/crew/troops). It has 14 bunks with a small cabin for the senior officer. It has no real mess space - crew are expected to eat in the bunk area. With 15 people crowded into an ship the size of a runabout, it's pretty cramped.

As this is a preliminary version, feedback is definitely appreciated.

Owen, oh deckplan guru...

Owen, i've been meaning to ask you this for a while.

Could you describe how you manage to create such great looking deckplans ? I think the work you turn out is some of the best looking stuff i've seen on the web. I guess you know how highly everyone rates your job on the Oberth, me included .
    I'm guessing in the case of stuff like the FDR 39 plans , you scan them in first and then redraw but i'd love to find out what the process is that you use.

regards

Long Tom

Originally posted by Owen E Oulton
    One more update...

At the request of Dan Gurden, I've done a preliminary deck plan for the Romulan Theta Class Shuttle.
    As this is a preliminary version, feedback is definitely appreciated.
    Sorry, Owen..where is the deck plan for the Theta Class.
    I had a look at Star Trek: Universe, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks

Long Tom

Hey Tom, Since I got here before (after???) Owen, let me help.

Pretty sweet isn't it!
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Thanks, Dan

I would say Mr Oulton has hit the mark once again

Regards

Long Tom

Very nice. One question - do small Romulan ships use traditional warp cores or do they all use the quantum singularity drive (sounds like something from Hitchhiker's Guide... )?

I like the green colors.

[Edit] An additional thought. I know Romulans are spartan and all, but it seems like there's not enough space for them all except for when they are asleep. What if you were to perhaps eliminate half the bunks - I imagine Romulans hot-bunk on Warbirds, so it seems reasonable they would do so on a courier. The rest of the common room could have space for a table and perhaps a workstation. Or for more space perhaps the beds can fold down from the port and starboard walls - wouldn't be able to fit as many bunks as they would probably be parallel with the forward/aft axis of the craft so you'd need hotbunking again but you could fit some tables, workstations etc. underneath. Just some random thoughts...
    Last edited by Dan Stack; 01-22-2002 at 07:36 AM.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Originally posted by Dan Stack
    Very nice. One question - do small Romulan ships use traditional warp cores or do they all use the quantum singularity drive (sounds like something from Hitchhiker's Guide... )?

According to the info in Way of D'era (non-canon, but it makes sense to me) only the largest of ships (ie Starbirds, Warbirds and the new Vereleus-class) have Quantum sigularity Drives. The smaller ships (like the Theta-class) would have the standard M/AM reactors.

And just for the record I'm not knocking the design, I like it very much.