Thread: LOTR Symphony?

LOTR Symphony?

Has anyone heard the Lord of the Rings Symphony? I saw it on a CD the other day. I'm curious about it, but I'd hate to waste my money on a minimalist or atonal composition (I don't care much for modern classical music).

So does anyone know what it sounds like?
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

um.... there's a whole lot more to modern classical music than minimalism or atonality. I'm not a big fan of either of those schools, but damning all modern classical because of them is taking an awfully narrow view, don't you think?
    The Artist Formerly Known as Croniton Bob

When someone writes modern classical music that I like, I admit it gladly. That just doesn't happen nearly as often as I'd like. Seems to me that most modern composers want to make their mark by progressing forward from the old masters. Personally, I think the old masters did music right, and a lot of modern composers are trying to fix something that's not broken.

Anyway, I did buy the CD, and it's very good. I especially like Gandalf's movement, which has a classic, epic quality. I don't care much for Gollum's movement, which features classical saxophone (not my favorite instrument) and isn't particularly tuneful.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1