Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cardassian supplement?

Question

Wouldn't it be easier to wait for the DecTrek version of the Klingon Source Book? I believe I've heard that it will be one of the first books they intend to do. Creating a fanbased book would take about a year, I think. The release would coincide with the DecTrek version, wich would be very distracting.

Now I'm not saying you cannot do a Klingon Source Book, and I'm not saying I wouldn't read it, and would probably lovin it

I just think, we'd better wait and see what is on Dectreks "to do" shortlist and put our energy into stuff we aren't going to see from Dectrek anytime soon. That way, we will have tons of new stuff, instead of the same stuff in two versions.

Anyway, Just my two bits.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Always it is the brave ones who die.
    (Kor in TOS - episode Errand of Mercy)

that link for the download goes to some seriously messed up site. Could someone give me the correct link for this netbook.

A simple search will give you:

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...ian+sourcebook

There are two download sites.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

I'd like to help out on the Klingon book too.......I have a theory (non-canon) about the "human looking" Klingons, and I can offer up some artwork/photo's of Klingons in battle, the ships and some of the language glyphs too......that is if you want my assistance.

Decipher aren't going to release a Klingon sourcebook on it's own...they'll be in the Aliens book.

Lars
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

I would like to contribute some things, but with my current time crunched life I will not be able to really do to much.

With the chapters John S.Ross and...who was the other guy... he made Chapters 2 and 8, are they owned by WotC, are they the property of the authors, have we heard from these two in recent history?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

That material was freebees and had been handed back to the authors for there own consideration. Since they could not sell the stuff they gave it way on there web sites The blue Room and Lost Treks (the links are in the link section) Most of the Cardassian Military chapter was from the other guy save for the last portion which was yours truely. I also have made up some Cardassian vehicles from Steve Longs Dominion War books which unfortuanately got cut from the book at the last minute for space reasons.

Ah, the Klingon Supplement I remeber it, I got in a mild argument over were the four years war stated he insisted on Arcanis IV and all I wanted to do was include mention of the two outpost from the DS9 core book to keep it in line soon there after he started to write the whole thing him self, I soon bailed as the rest above did, though my membership is still active.

As for the Bajoran sourcebook ...

You might say that Part One is 95 percent completed, and Part Two is in the design stages.

About a year and a half ago I put together a comprehensive, totally canon history of the Bajoran Occupation ( http://remember-forever.tripod.com ). Formatted as presentation notes from a StarFleet history class, it contains every snippet I could find from TNG, DS9 or Voyager about the Occupation years.

I had planned to annotate it to show all the references to all the "facts" I present. I became the proud parent of a second child after everything was posted, however, so I've only had time so far to annotate the Introduction.

My site also contains one Occupation-based roleplaying adventure (based on the ICON system).

I've been thinking about the whole thing again recently, and I'm now planning on expanding the original premise to make it more useful for roleplayers.

I've put together three more scenarios, all centered around a group of Bajoran Freedom Fighters, and I'm hoping to post them on the site in the near future.

I've also put together some notes on roleplaying the Occupation, including a list of scenario ideas, which I plan to post on the site sometime soon.

And I've been planning on creating a few (or a bunch) of pre-generated characters, possibly some sample Freedom Fighters, and some NPCs (including the Gul Dukat, Kira Nerys and Odo of that time period). Maybe I'll even create some new character templates and stuff.

I also hope to someday finish annotating all of the chapters as well.

And when it's all finished, I'll probably put everything into PDF format for easy downloading.

Don't expect me to be finished overnight. With two kids to care for, it's going to take awhile. But I'm hoping you'll be able to find the site slowly updated as the year progresses.
    Voka a Bentel
    (May you walk with the Prophets),

Lt. Jabara Eris
    DS18 Station Counselor, Prylar and All-Around Groovy Guy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... Let us never forget Bajor's sacrifices under the Cardassian Occupation ...
    ... http://remember-forever.tripod.com ...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~