Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardassian SRM

Steve,

My congratualtions, you have excelled yourself again.

I am still reading and digesting it still, but I have a couple of questions, the first am I right in assuming that gentlemen who wrote the excellent Cardassian Net Book, did so both after you wrote this SRM2, but without them having access to SRM2. I am right in assuming this as they included many of the classes you listed in your tome, but added some extra ships which do have any of the Cardassian Specific Weapons and Equipment, but would you consider them to be Canon?

And the second question is, when do you hope to be able to release the Klingon SRM?

By the thank you for formatting in A4, and thank I have just bought a new Black and Clour Cartridge yesterday.
    "Those Klingons are up to something, I can feel it in my bones"
    Cmmdr JT Wayland
    Strategic Operations Officer, Starbase 415, Dragomer Sector, Klingon Border, 2372

Thanks Steve, gonnalook through it now

Karg

The Klingon ship book should be released fairly soon, after everyone's had the chance to play around with the Cardie book for a while.
    Steve, any kind of loose timeframe to help us define "fairly soon"? Are we looking at a Spring or Summer release?

As someone whose campaign location is along the UFP-Klingon border, I haven't much need for Cardassian ships... I'll give it a look, but I was truly hoping the KSRM would boe released first.

That's the game business for ya, I guess. Can't please everyone, and all that.

DLed it lastnight. Very well done, compliments to those who worked on this lastest project.

I am still reading and digesting it still, but I have a couple of questions, the first am I right in assuming that gentlemen who wrote the excellent Cardassian Net Book, did so both after you wrote this SRM2, but without them having access to SRM2. I am right in assuming this as they included many of the classes you listed in your tome, but added some extra ships which do have any of the Cardassian Specific Weapons and Equipment, but would you consider them to be Canon?
    I worked completely independently of the people who did the Cardassian Netbook, and I haven't read their work at all, so I'm not really in a position to comment.

The convergence of ship classes probably came about because, IIRC, I sent one of them an early version of my ship classes list.

I wouldn't consider anything "canon" unless I saw it on-screen. Most of my stuff's made up by me and quite non-canon.

And the second question is, when do you hope to be able to release the Klingon SRM?
    Well, sometime in the next few weeks. I just don't want to inundate people.

By the thank you for formatting in A4,
    For that you may blame/praise Andreas. I wasn't even aware of it.

Steve, any kind of loose timeframe to help us define "fairly soon"? Are we looking at a Spring or Summer release?
    See above.

Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

Originally posted by Steve Long

Well, sometime in the next few weeks. I just don't want to inundate people.

Oh, go ahead! INUNDATE me, baby, INUNDATE me!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

Originally posted by Cmmdr JT Wayland

I did all of the Cardassian ships using the Cardassian design rules, which Steve was kind enough to give me an advance preview of. A short while later I also had the proof copy of the SRM, but most of my ships were done by then. I didn't keep to standardised components (sensors, communications, transporters etc) like Steve did, but I did go back and alter the disruptor firing modes on my ships. My intention was to make my own ships but try to keep them reasonably consistent with Steve's.

Of course mine are illustrated (thanks Anomaly).

Whether you consider them 'canon' or not is up to you.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Thanks for the SRM

I've skimmed through it once already. Looks great (as always) Can't wait for the next one.

Peter
    "Alas, not another witty signature shall pass from these fingers for madness has become all too common"

Thumbs up

Excellent work, Steve. My compliments go to you for a job well done!
    BTW what is the status of the Romulan SRM?
    The best way to predict the future is to create it.

BTW what is the status of the Romulan SRM?
    Well, I've gotten the testreaders' comments; I just have to find the time to make changes to the manuscript. Since Chris Huth has already done most of the necessary layout work, once I make my corrections it will take very little time for it to get ready to go.

However, it has to wait until after the SRM: TOS Era, which Andreas Bodensohn is laying out right now. So, it won't be along anytime soon, but it'll get here.

Steve Long

Originally posted by Steve Long
    However, it has to wait until after the SRM: TOS Era, which Andreas Bodensohn is laying out right now. So, it won't be along anytime soon, but it'll get here.
    Ahh, excuse me Steve, but why does the Romulan SRM have to wait until after I am finished with the TOS SRM?

But SRM TOS will indeed not be finished anytime soon. Sorry guys, but this is one hell of a large file. And before you ask me when I will be done with the layout: I have no idea.

The only thing I know right now is this: Look forward to another SRM formatted in A4

Ahh, excuse me Steve, but why does the Romulan SRM have to wait until after I am finished with the TOS SRM?
    Because SRM: TOS Era is "Volume III" of the series, and the SRM: Romulan is "Volume IV."

Steve Long

Wink

Steve. Shouldn't Klingons be Vol III? After all Starfleet is Vol I and the Cardies are Vol II.

This would make TOS Vol IV and the Romulans Vol V.

>>Nitpick mode off.

But I think what Lancer meant was that, if the Romulans book is ready before the TOS layout is complete, why not releave them out of production order, much like the TV shows do too?
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Originally posted by Dan Gurden
    But I think what Lancer meant was that, if the Romulans book is ready before the TOS layout is complete, why not releave them out of production order, much like the TV shows do too?
    Yep, that's what I meant. I don't think many of the readers will care if they get their hands first at No. 4 or 5 and besides, I could easily change the title for the TOS SRM from SRM 4 to SRM 5 while doing the layout.

Yeah, you're right; I misnumbered -- TOS Era is IV, and Romulans V. My bad.

But sorry, not gonna renumber. It's just too strange; it offends my sense of "correctness" after thinking of them in a certain order for so long.

Fortunately, there's still Klingons to come. That oughtta tide everyone over until TOS Era is ready.

Steve Long