Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cardassian SRM

Looks really good Steve.

Thanks for the SRM.

And the second question is, when do you hope to be able to release the Klingon SRM?

<I>Steve</I> -- Well, sometime in the next few weeks. I just don't want to inundate people.

I agree with Mr. Fileman's enthusiastic request to be inundatede ... I'd rather store the file on my hard-drive and only access it there for a while until I can afford a new ink cartridge...that's what I'm having to do with the Cardie book, anyway. As for the time to go over both books, I never read through any of the previous netbooks in one sitting, anyway (except Spacedock)

So, may I request that the Klingon SRM be released sooner rather than later?

(I know, I know, I'm whining a lot about this product. But it's gonna be one of the most important ones for my campaign, so...PLEEEEEEAAAAASSE!!!)

...initiating whine-mode overload shutdown procedures

Wink

Steve,

Another great book that you've published here.

As everyone else has pointed out we would rather have too much stuff! (Some might even say you can never have too much stuff )

The cover work is brilliant!

Thanks again

Dave

Talking

Just one thing Steve.

Please dont take too long on the Klingon SRM as I am facing Redundancy mid-March (Unless they extend my contract yet again...), and it would be kinda nice to save on the old toner cartridge in my home printer... Not essential, but every little saving counts...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

The cover work is brilliant!
    I heartily concur! Alexandre did a great job with it, as always. My only involvement was to say, "Alexandre, would you do a cover for the SRM: Cardassians?"

Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

Livonia, Michigan, US; Holder of the Steve Long Pink Elephant for SRM Volume 2: The Cardassian Empire Testreading

But why no interior cover?

The way I have mine set up, is that I have the SRMs (and Spacedock and the DWS) printed single-sided (to prevent bleed-through) and in sleeves in three-ring binders with the clear pockets on the covers. Then, I slide Alexandre's cover in the clear pockets. But I can't do that with SRM2, since there is no interior cover!

Right now I'm trying to figure out what to shove on the other side of the title/copyright page...
    Ambassador Worf, from Diplomatic Implausibility by Keith R.A. DeCandido
    Human scholars have a tendency to overexamine literature that goes well beyond the pedantic.

Steve, once again, a most enjoyable and interesting work. I am printing off the Cardassian SRM as I sit and type this, skimming it as each page comes out.

I already have a few ideas for starships that I will try to put together and submit for everyone's reading pleasure over the next few days.

After an extremely long hiatus, I have returned to TrekRpg and will likely return to my old pestering ways.

Spacedock has been a pleasure to use and has made an extensive contribution to my Challenger campaign as well as an upcoming mini-series.

Thanks again.

Regards,
    CKV.

Re: But why no interior cover?

Happy A4, and no excessive use of blue...

Nice book folks!

Originally posted by ArsenicMan
    The way I have mine set up, is that I have the SRMs (and Spacedock and the DWS) printed single-sided (to prevent bleed-through) and in sleeves in three-ring binders with the clear pockets on the covers. Then, I slide Alexandre's cover in the clear pockets. But I can't do that with SRM2, since there is no interior cover!

Right now I'm trying to figure out what to shove on the other side of the title/copyright page...
    That was pretty much my only complaint with this one. I've printed the previous (gorgeous) covers off on photo paper, and inserted them as a separate page. It works really well when the whole thing is comb-bound, and has a transparent plastic cover. A title page would have been nice!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Great book Steve! Can't wait for the Klingon, TOS and Rommie ones (as, because I helped testread them, I already know they rock!)

As a side note, the description of the H'n'k starship sounds very similar to Yog-Sothoth from the Chthulu Mythos - perhaps a temporal accident puts one of the ships in close Earth orbit and they're accidently seen by a young H.P.Lovecraft...?
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

Re: But why no interior cover?

Originally posted by ArsenicMan
    Maybe you could just make a grayscale printout of the cover page and use that ?!

And if you insist on a separate interior cover page email me at ABodensohn@aol.com
    I still have the text-only cover page somewhere on my PC that I did before Alex came up with the cover.