Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FASA Adventure modules

Unhappy

well,i actually canīt make my mind about it...because i have never never seen one
    of the FASA supplements.I once saw the core game rules,& only two of the three
    books(someone stole the narratorīs guide!).So does anyone outta here know how can
    i get one of those modules?mind that i live in Europe & and i discovered rpgs long
    after FASA trek had passed out...(if only i could have born five years before i did...)

Check E-Bay and enter FASA Trek as your search indicators

There are always tons of these things for auction

Yep. I just picked up The Vanished and Conflict of Interests on Ebay. I am a happy camper

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I have never played "The Vanished" what is it all about?

The Vanished is quite a neat little adventure, dealing with the mystery surrounding the suddenly vanished crew of a small research station. It includes quite an interesting, and quite alien race, who are obvious suspects, but in fact have nothing to do with the missing crew.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Wink

E-Bay auctions?? i have a very adjusted budget at this moment,due to the conscription rate of my warhammer nipponesse army(iīm saving money for getting a regiment of arquebusiers...itīs as if they were made of gold!thank you british people for notjoining the euro ,but thanks for the notice,anyway.

does anyone played "old soldiers never die"?what was it about?

Hi Yuber

Unlike some of my fellow Brits, I would muchrather we had joined the Euro, but what d oI know

Old Soldiers Never Die is one of those old FASA modules I'm still on the lookout for, so I don't know much about it. All I do know, is it is supposed to involve the theft of an old Romulan battlecruiser (circe the Earth-Romulan War) from a museum (might have been Memory Alpha, but I'm not sure). A

Afraid that's all the light I can shed on it. But I'm sure someone here must know more.

I see you've found a copy of The Vanished Aslan

Well so long as no one goes and outbids me, I did yes

You salking me there Intrepid?

I go away for a few months and WOW!! What a change!

On the topics of FASA modules, "A Doomsday Like Any Other" is at the top of my list with "Decision at Midnight" and "Where Has All the Glory Gone" close runners up.

"The Vanished" was a fun module as well as the module in the STIII Update Sourcebook. The name escapes me at the moment.

Regards,
    CKV.

Originally posted by AslanC
    Well so long as no one goes and outbids me, I did yes

You salking me there Intrepid?
    Ha ha. Not at all, was just searching ebay for old FASA modules, and as coincidence would have it, noticed your name attached to that particular one

I got my copy off Ebay too. Different cover though, strangely enough.

Originally posted by Capt. K. Vaughn

"The Vanished" was a fun module as well as the module in the STIII Update Sourcebook. The name escapes me at the moment.

I haven't run the Vanished yet. I'm in two minds whether ti run it as TOS or 'modern' era. I think the alien race in it are really quite intersting. It's quite a neat little first contact scenario, as wel las a mystery.

There's an adventure in the ST3 sourcebook? Oh, I might have to add that to my to get list.

I really liked "Return to Axanar" and all the info on the 4 years war.

Doomsday and Glory are also at the top of my list.

The best RPG campaign I've ever played in my life started with Decision at Midnight, went on to Doomsday Like Any Other, Where has all the Glory Gone, and climaxed with Return to Axanar... and we did it all with a little Larson class detroyer!
    “I am a soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

General George S. Patton, Jr.

I ran "old soldiers never die". I did not like that adventure at all. It was bad. Players were not entertained either. The chief problem is that all of the exciting stuff happens to NPCs.

And I also had serious problems accepting the premise... that refitting a 150 year old ship was going to be a terror weapon. Sure, you could put new systems in it... but it was never designed for 'em. If you're buying new engines, power, weapons, and sensors, you might as well buy a hull designed for them!

In short, I was unhappy with the railroaded, linear plot; uninterested in the NPCs, and the slowly paced investegation was not broken up by excitement.