Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FASA Adventure modules

so "old soldiers never die" didnīt have any information about the romulan war?

Originally posted by Capt. K. Vaughn
    "The Vanished" was a fun module as well as the module in the STIII Update Sourcebook. The name escapes me at the moment.
    "Lost and Presumed Dead" was the name. Fun adventure and a nice connection with a TOS episode (in this case "Operation: Annihilate!"). Honestly, those were some of my favorite FASA mods, the ones that followed up on TOS episdoes and expanded them.

Although I have to admit, "The Vanished" is my favorite FASA mod.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

"Old Soldiers Never Die" was a two-part product. One part consisted of the booklet that was the adventure "Old Soldiers Never Die" and the other was a brief overview of the Romulan War.

The product was similar to the one "Return to Axanar" which had that adventure and then another booklet giving an overview of the Four Years War.

Regards,
    CKV.

Torture torture please stop talking about the Romulan War Supplement my holy grail of modules which I still go forth and seek out daily on Ebay and elsewhere.

But I still say Return to Axanar was and is still the best though it should be broken down into a story arc for an LUG series.

Romulan War Supplement Romulan War Supplement Romulan War Supplement Romulan War Supplement

Hey,iīm the most tortured person on this boards!!iīm too poor to buy something from e-bay and FASAīs marvelous game & adventures were pull out of the market when i was 8.The first time ever i went to an rpg store was for searching the famed FASA startrek rpg only to be said"oh child.We havenīt got any of these for 5 years" & the LUG rpg appeared at my country only three years ago...

That's a shame Yuber. FASA turned out some really good adventure modules.

I recently saw a copy of the Triangle Campaign module go for Ģ31 UK. Now that is scary.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Originally posted by Eric R.

But I still say Return to Axanar was and is still the best though it should be broken down into a story arc for an LUG series.
    While I don't think RTA was THE best, it was certainly pne of the best. And I think the idea of breaking it down into a story arc (or campaign module) is an excellent suggestion. In fact, you could adapt it for Romulans instead of Klingons, and use it as a continuation of LUG's Neutral Zone campaign.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

FASA system

I also enjoyed FASA immensely in college, and still have my gaming materials. Hey, the system still works; I just don't use it as often as before because I don't have a regular PC group. Ah well.

Anyway, I liked Ghosts of Conscience because 1) it was rather easy to run, and was a great "entry-level" adventure, and 2) there was a nice moral to it about governments implementing misguided ideas (interphase gun...come on!).

Both my PC groups in college enjoyed adventures that took them off starships on special missions. So I transferred them to Star Fleet Intelligence and gave them a ship they refitted during a wargames scenario. After that, I pretty much ran them through The Triangle. I ran them through parts of that campaign, and referred to The Triangle sourcebook during some of their other adventures. Thoughts?

-Maltese Falcon

Now that's one I haven't seen. Wasn't it in the adventure book that was part of the earlier FASA Trek release? I only had the later edition that lacked the adventures.

Talking of FASA Trek, I happened to mention to one of my newer players that I was still trying to pick up old FASA stuff. He then told me he had a huge pile of FASA stuff, and I could borrow any I wanted. Imagine my excitement to discover he actually owned and had read some of the adventures I'd been running him through.

Anyway, I borrowed some stuff I didn't have off him. Read them NOW boyo bwooahahahahhahah

Besides, he won't be playing when I run those modules. Forewarned is forearmed, as Peter Vincent would say

I suspect the answer is probably "you can't do that", but since FASA is history and all their Trek stuff is out of print, what is the legality of PDFing their modules and making them available for download?

Just curious, but it occurs to me it would be nice if we could provide some of those really cool old adventures for people who never had the chance to read/use them. Now obviously, if it is illegal we can't do it, but with FASA out of business, I'm not entirely sure. And I'm no legal eagle.
    Last edited by Capt Daniel Hunter; 03-17-2002 at 04:11 AM.

Cool

Greetings.

For me, the fav has to be "Graduation Exercise." Great module to start PCs off in. Of course, they have to be Klingon cadets...
    Anthony N. Emmel, M.A.
    Learned Scholar & Catholic Gentleman

U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760
    "England expects that every man will do his duty."

I actually managed to adapt Graduation Exercise for Starfleet Officers and a Klingon Exchange Officer. It was fun

Cool Hey

Hi Maltese, Glad to see you Joined!

Karg

To join or not to join?

Hey Karg,

But of course I joined. After all, all of us in TrekRPG.net are of a similar mind. We share a vision of the future, one that separates us from the normal simpletons we share the Earth with. Others see us as geeks, nerds, dorks, or technojunkies. Little do they realize that we make the world go round, and are shaping the future in our own image.

Anyway, regarding "Ghosts of Conscience" (don't remember who asked about it) yes, it came with the first edition of FASA's TREK RPG (later the deluxe edition). After a while, I found that writing my own adventures was quite fun, though it was lots of work.

Hey Karg or anyone else for that matter, WHO do we contact for submissions? I'd like to convert some of my adventures from FASA and submit them, if anyone's interested. Who do I send them to? And where? Thanks.

-Maltese Falcon

"And those are just some of the benefits of an all-cheese diet." -- Jenny Craig

Go to this link http://216.40.212.6/trek/index2.htm There on the Side LCARS is a link fo submissions

Hope it helps

Karg