Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question for any American Farscape fans (Possible spoilers)

A question for any American Farscape fans (Possible spoilers)

Having just watched the penultimate episode of Season Three of Farscape and I want to know just how far the US is into Season Three as I would hate to blow the gaff on what just happened.

Two words will suffice for now.

WHOA MAMA!!
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

That was a quick post.

Just finished watching it myself, and like WOW, I was blown away. Farscape is probably the best SF show on TV right now.

Well written, well-acted, and just brilliant. I even felt for the villian of the piece.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I was typing the posting while watching the show (thanks to my computer being positioned so that I can see the reflection of the TV screen in my mirror).

Yes, I felt sorry for [DATA DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS] too.

One episode left then another six months at least before season Four. Roll on Thursday.
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

Yeah, season finale on Wednesday. And I would be working a bleeding late shift that day. Thank God for video recorders

I think the US gets the new season in April (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong). I may have to bug my source of Trek tapes to start taping Farscape for me as well

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Arrow Damn you!!!

I WANNA SEE IT, DAMMIT!

April 5th, 2002, 9pm est. SciFi channel. I'll be there.

Hugh
    Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

Hey, I'll be suffering at work when it airs here. I won't get home until after 9 pm. And I start at 7 am the next day.

Still, I might just have to stay up late just to watch it when I get home. Tonight's was just tooooooooooo good.

We are still on the 4th rerun of season 1 in Canada

My sympathies. Farscape just gets better and better

It ran three times on YTV (Youth Television) but they never grabbed up season 2, and then would drop it from the grid for months at a time. Basically they treated it like an embarassment.

Now Space is running season 1 and some indy stations are running it as well.

Still, waiting for season 2 is a long and tireing process.

Soon...soon.

Jeez that sucks. Season 2 is positively awesome. The finale was.... well, just brilliant.

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    Yeah, season finale on Wednesday. And I would be working a bleeding late shift that day. Thank God for video recorders

I think the US gets the new season in April (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong). I may have to bug my source of Trek tapes to start taping Farscape for me as well
    STOP THE PRESS.

The good news is that 'Scape is on on Thursday, not Wednesday.

The thing I REALLY like about Farscape is the not quite black and white of good and bad. With each side capable of acts of kindness or simple sneaky double-dealing... Combined with a rich canon as accurate as that shown on SG1, along with a subtle sense of humour makes for great Sci Fi and beats recent Trek.

And the slow gradual additions to the core group... Woah... What else needs be said.

Great. I didn't think I could do that without any spoilers...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Originally posted by Dan Gurden

STOP THE PRESS.

The good news is that 'Scape is on on Thursday, not Wednesday.

The thing I REALLY like about Farscape is the not quite black and white of good and bad. With each side capable of acts of kindness or simple sneaky double-dealing... Combined with a rich canon as accurate as that shown on SG1, along with a subtle sense of humour makes for great Sci Fi and beats recent Trek.

And the slow gradual additions to the core group... Woah... What else needs be said.

Great. I didn't think I could do that without any spoilers...
    The bad news is, I think Scotland is getting it on Wednesday. But I'll check. Not that it matetrs THAT much, I'll still get to see it after all

Yep, Farscape is the best sci fi on tv, bar none. I really hope they a movie out of it, like O'Bannon keeps suggesting.

I have one comment regarding Monday's episode:

Wibble

(And for once we get it before you American guys! It brings back memories of the halcyon days of Babylon 5 on Channel 4... )
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Originally posted by Imagus
    I have one comment regarding Monday's episode:

Wibble

(And for once we get it before you American guys! It brings back memories of the halcyon days of Babylon 5 on Channel 4... )
    Nah. Wibble applies to the Loony Tunes/Road Runner episode a while back... Now thats something that no other TV show has done, gone off into an animated/realworld tangent and still kept a cohesive and quite significant storyline... While also getting the cheap laughs...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Perrryyy Guest

RE: Farscape

Did it end its run on Scifi?