Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question for any American Farscape fans (Possible spoilers)

Originally posted by Dan Gurden

Nah. Wibble applies to the Loony Tunes/Road Runner episode a while back... Now thats something that no other TV show has done, gone off into an animated/realworld tangent and still kept a cohesive and quite significant storyline... While also getting the cheap laughs...
    It amazes me how these guys do such a good job on Farscape, but the others shows can't even touch them. Are the others just afraid of taking risks?

I may actually have to give in to my girlfriend and actually make us Peacekeeper uniforms to go with the Starfleet ones

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    It amazes me how these guys do such a good job on Farscape, but the others shows can't even touch them. Are the others just afraid of taking risks?
    I think so. Remember FarScape is produced for a themed cable company (Sci-Fi), rather than a mainstream network. It's also heavily Australian-influenced. Both elements allow them to do things mainstream won't let them do for fear of alienating casual viewers.

I'm actually known as Astronut on another board btw...

I may actually have to give in to my girlfriend and actually make us Peacekeeper uniforms to go with the Starfleet ones
    ROFL!

Nicola and I are considering those for the StarFury con at Easter, although there's an expensive-looking amount of leather involved! I'm kind of looking forward to meeting Gigi in person though
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Last night's Roswell reminded me a lot of Revenging Angel. One of the scenes near the episode's beginning is a parody of the I Dream of Jeannie opening sequence that is, of course, a cartoon. And very hilarious.

Originally posted by Imagus

ROFL!

Nicola and I are considering those for the StarFury con at Easter, although there's an expensive-looking amount of leather involved! I'm kind of looking forward to meeting Gigi in person though
    Yeah, the amount of leather is a bit off-putting. Although it could be done with artifical leather. The problem, is trying to match colours. And I'd have to make patterns from scratch, which would be a pain. It was bad enough altering the old DS9/VOY patterns to make the First Contact uniforms.

Damn, wish we had the time/money to go to Starfury

Anyway, just got home from work after 9, and just finished watching the season finale. Like WHOAH! How the frell are supposed the wait months to see how this works out. Not fair I tell ya, not fair

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Damn, wish we had the time/money to go to Starfury
    Timewise, it's at Easter, but I understand, especially on the money front! It is my first con this year though. And I probably won't be at another till June

Anyway, just got home from work after 9, and just finished watching the season finale. Like WHOAH! How the frell are supposed the wait months to see how this works out. Not fair I tell ya, not fair
    I was swearing at the writers consistently for the last ten minutes... And yet, for some strange reason, we keep coming back! Are we sad or what?
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

OK this is hilarious. I found this thread at the TrekBBS, and I'm not sure whetehr to laugh or cry.

http://trekbbs.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/006234.html

That someone might not find Farscape to their taste, I can get. That someone might actually believe it's really really bad is another thing completely.