Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question (of some importance)

Originally posted by silverthorn
    Continuing the thread within a thread as to why Farscape is the mutts nuts of sci-fi I have a question:

What is the best "bit" of Farscape?

My vote goes for the bit in the body swap episode when Crichton gets put in Aeryn's body and decides (naturally) to have a bit of a grope.

Yes, I'm that pervy (at times).
    And how many of us would have done EXACTLY the same thing in his shoes.

*raises hand and waves wildly*

Don't worry, you're not the only perv here

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I've been giving the name of the ship in my game some more thought and I was considering calling the ship the USS Sentinel instead which leads me to ask if anyone can suggest a class for the ship (based on the fact that there has to be a class of Federation ship that suits a name like that one).
    I think that a couple nice choices could be the Sovereign Class, the Andromeda Class, Defiant Class, or even depending on your game....the Prometheus.....

All of which are found in the srmv1. I like the Prometheus the best out of the 4 but that's me....
    "What's that blinking red light for?"
    - Anonymous Last Words

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think that a couple nice choices could be the Sovereign Class, the Andromeda Class, Defiant Class, or even depending on your game....the Prometheus.....

All of which are found in the srmv1. I like the Prometheus the best out of the 4 but that's me....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, to get my hands on the SRM (and Spacedock, and the Dominion War SB) I need Winzip and I haven't got it on my (old) computer.

Can anyone tell me if you need to use Winzip every time you open the file or just the first time.
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

Of course, to get my hands on the SRM (and Spacedock, and the Dominion War SB) I need Winzip and I haven't got it on my (old) computer.

Can anyone tell me if you need to use Winzip every time you open the file or just the first time.
    Just the first time. Unzipping a file creates an unzipped file and you can delete the zip file. Winzip can be downloaded at http://www.winzip.com/

And don't forget the Cardassian Sourcebook.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Oh cushdy, Excuse me I may be some time.
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

With all due respect guys, some of us (mainly Canada) have not seen past season 1 of Farscape, and now thanks to this thread two spoilers have hit.

Can we stick ot a Farscape spoilers thread for this stuff please?

I'm begging here only because I love the show and want to know nothing before I watch episodes

Thanks for your consideration.

Sorry about blowing the gaff somewhat on Farscape post Season 1 events.

After giving the matter some thought

Since I've been trying to decide on a idea for the new game I'm running (in about 46 hours) I thought I'd run some ideas past the assembled masses and see what your comments are:

1) THE SHIP
    The USS Farscape, USS 48769. A Intrepid class ship. The fifth ship to be given the name (the first was the ill-fated spaceship Farscsape I, lost in Earth orbit, 1999 AD).

2) THE SENIOR STAFF (Brief notes, I'll probably elaborate as the game continues):

CO: PC
    XO: PC
    CHIEF ENGINEER: PC
    FLIGHT CONTROL OFFICER: PC
    OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT OFFICER: Commander Connor Rourke, 45, Human, Male. Second Officer on ship, Strong silent type.
    TACTICAL OFFICER: Lieutenant j.g Simone Kilbride. 26, Human, Female. Comes from Ireland, firy redhead.
    CHIEF SCIENCE OFFICER: Lieutenant Suran. Vulcan, Male.
    CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER: Doctor Samantha Rourke. 43, Human, Female, recently married Commander Rourke.
    SHIPS COUNSELLOR: Lieutenant j.g P'Rell, Caitian, Female, 27. Caring but not the kind of person you want to get in a fight with.

3 THE SETTING
    Immediately following DS9. The Farscape will be assigned to the former Cardassian space to help rebuild their shattered infrastructure (should be fun bearing in mind that the XO is half Human half Cardassian and hates all Cardies).

oops

*kibo*

sorry, posted something here that was completely irrelevant. I shouldn't be logging on from work, anyway. o_0
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

You might want to up that NCC a bit, that one is way too low for an Intrepid class, IMHO

DARGO: John, I have good news and bad news.

JOHN: Okay, Dargo, whats the bad news?

DARGO: You're going to be turned into a statue and suffer agonising pain for 60 years.

JOHN: So, what's the good news?

DARGO: Chianna and I are having fantastic sex.

DARGO: Well, now I can only speak truth, and that comes as good and bad news.

JOHN: All right, give me the bad news first.

DARGO: The bad news is that you're married, and you must endure as a statue for 80 cycles in a strange world.

JOHN: What's the good news?

DARGO: Chiana and I are having...fantastic sex.

Yah know...I can't wait for them to get back to the new stuff. I love that show.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

After watching Farscape undressed I'm starting to think that Rygel gets the best lines in the show. For example:

ZHAAN: "Rygel, you went down to the planet to sell us out."
    RYGEL: "You bet your shiny blue ass I did."

RYGEL (Captured in a sack): "Yes I'm unloved, unappreciated, unwanted..."
    Gets kicked by some ugly alien
    RYGEL: "Unconscious."

Moderator hat on...

I think further generic Farscape chat should go into the General Forum. If you wanna talk here about using it to influence your Trek game, that'd be ok.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel