Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Name the best PC (or NPC) you've played or been in a game with

Bridgetown players don't read this one (Dan, you're exempted of course!)...

It's actually not at all unusual - there are a lot of Cardassian/Bajorans out there. During the occupation, a lot of Cardassians had Bajoran mistresses (some of them no doubt part of the Resistance), and no doubt there was a lot of rape going on as well. My current character is also a Cardassian/Bajoran mix, although nobody realizes she's part Bajoran (she's got issues with it).

Originally posted by Perrryyy
    Posted by Dan Gurden

Ok. How's that work? Bajorans & Cardassians are each other's enemies?

How does your character get around hating herself?
    Ask her. She's the Ventures Comms officer, and currently sitting on the bridge at ops, just in front of Mr Maczar!
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

MY most interesting PC was from an AD&D game GM'd by my best female friend, Cheryl. I should note that Cheryl is one fo three living humans who I will admit is smarter than I am. She tells stories on about a half-dozen different levels of plot... and the characters are usually only aware of two or three.

My guy was a Wemic (a tiger-centaur) name of Snarfrashtalgar ("Snarl," for short, "Fuzzy," for annoying). He was just some poor villiage tribal fighter who got in wayyyy over his head when he went out one day hunting for deer and bumped into a 1/4 angel. His epic edventure took him across two continents and an ocean, into unknown space, and at least one alternate world. He met warrior women, faeries, demons, angels, and a dragon the size of Manhattan.

And he never really understood what was going on.
    he had a special skill called the Wemic Diatribe, which was kind of like Fast Talk. When sufficiently frustrated, he could launch into a wild-eyed, raving account of his adventure so far, which would keep any listener spellbound (or in stitches) until he finished.

Lemme see if I can reproduce a bit...

"...and there was this GIANT sea serpent, and we.. and it.. and KABLOOM!.. and ICE ROSES... and there was Giant WOLVES, then the ice cracked.. and FIRE SPIRITS! FIRE SPIRITS!.. and then SHE let the demon guy borrow her body, and... *blinks* You did WHAT??!?!!?"
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by Dan Gurden

Ask her. She's the Ventures Comms officer, and currently sitting on the bridge at ops, just in front of Mr Maczar!
    Good thing I haven't been on the bridge in a while! Guess I'll have to watch myself from now on! LOL

Gosh. Hard one.

Favourite PC is pro'lly the name I picked for this forum: Lt. Cmdr Michael Barratt, 1/4 Betazoid, 3/4 Human, CMO of the USS Perseus. His older sister had no empathic abilities, and his father, a 1/2 Betazoid and 1/2 Human neurologist, hadn't really thought it would pop up. When it did, Barratt left London and was raised for basic empathic training on Betazed with relatives. He didn't really study it much, didn't really like his abilities (he felt very isolated among full telepaths, and awkward), and his empathy was so weak except for one area: he was very good at sensing pain. It led to a similar career as his father: medicine.

In the past, during an away mission when he was a Lieutenant, he was part of a team trying to rescue a group of hostages. Pirates unleased a plasma weapon - a very painful experience - and even though he wasn't hit, the empathy overwhelmed him, he cried out, passed out, revealed their location and was captured - and people died in both the attack and the rescue of the Doc.

Andrus Hagen (from that ep with the nightmares and Troi and sleep deprivation) was called as an expert on Betazoid telepathic abilities during the formal hearing that happened thereafter, and recommended that Barratt be discharged from Starfleet. Instead, Starfleet Medical made him undertake a tour on Earth, with mandatory training in the handling and use of his telepathic abilities. Since then, he's honed his abilities and finds his empathy (especially his ability with sensing pain) is a handy diagnostic tool, but he still nearly always refuses to rely on the ability at all. He's got a major case of guilt over the dead rescuers, and he tends to get stiff about the rules and regs in SickBay. He's recently started to clue in that he needs to work on his mental abilities again, and has started bi-weekly "meditation" classes with many of the other crew.

The Doc (who'll have to think long and hard for Fave NPC)
    So you think, 'Might as well,
    Dance a Tango to Hell,
    at least I'll have Tangoed at all.'
    -- "Rent," Jonathan Larson

Best PC and NPCs, huh?
    Quite interesting, but very hard to tell.
    I've been a Narrator for 20 years, so its a lot of time, and alot of campaigns.
    One of my best NPC was Chlorinthranox (shortened to Chlorr), a very crafty and seductive ancient Green Dragon on the AD&D world of Krynn.
    She was sexy in human form, funny, and very, very cruel.
    In the Star Trek setting I had Commander Akin Tomalak, a recurring antagonist of the main character.
    He was modeled after the proud and clever generals of ancient Rome.
    A man of fine tastes, with a passion for wood carving.
    There are many more, and I love all of them.
    Really Ugly Nausicaan referring to Dr. Naipal "We do not like monsters in our bar!"
    Captain Sheridan "No one is holding you here"
    Star Trek; Last Frontier