Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Question About Elaysians

Question A Question About Elaysians

Where, if anywhere, would I find ICON information/mechaniques for this race?

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by StyroFoam Man
    Ask PERRYYY I think he plays one of these.

Indeed I do

http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk/
    Click on "Roleplaying". Dan Gurden's version of the Elayisians. Works for me

I'm shocked. That templates only been posted here 3 times before

http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk/elaysian.htm

To be exact.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

So if they take the genetic process they can never return to their people, correct?

And the harness she wore on DS9 is the light one correct?

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by AslanC
    So if they take the genetic process they can never return to their people, correct?
    According to Dan's website (and canon, IIRC,) if an Elaysian undergoes the genetic therapy, they will not be able to tolerate the low gravity atmosphere on Elay (or Elyas or the Elaysian Homeworld - whatever you want to call it).

And the harness she wore on DS9 is the light one correct?
    IIRC, Melora Pazlar wore a bionic frame when she wasn't in her wheelchair/scooter, which I believe in Dan's universe is the 2 point disadvantage (Dan, correct me if I'm in error here).

Yep. the frame as seen in the picture is the 1 oint bionic exo-frame/hoverchair combo. The frame is designed for minimal use in standard gravity, and all Elaysian would have Variable gravity quarters, enabling them to turn the Gravity off...

The +2 version was an option added from me, and was not canon, but seemed a logical extension fromthe two canon examples.

Since that was written a forth option has been offered that would suit a further future tech option.

Force Fields. The wearer of the device is surrounded by a forcefield that interacts with the artificial gravity of a vessel, creating a quantum state around them, and altering the gravity effects to an adjusted level... In effect, allowing an Elaysian to enjoy the near weightlessness of their natural state working metres from their other Starfleet collegues.

Note; I can see several nasty abuses of this tech, and payback for the poor sucker using it if it goes wrong, which is why I believe that this is likely to be a further future advance onaltered environment technology...

To follow it to conclusion the Force Fields are the way to eventually go, if it covers gravitational requirements, and we already know the Force Fields can deal with atmospheric requirements too...
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Did you know...

I heard that Melora was supposed to be the original doctor on DS9.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Yes. "The Making of DS9" discusses this. She was supposed to have zero-gravity quarters. I believe they decided it was too expensive. Don't recall if her name was to have been Melora or even if she was going to be a she. (This was in the early stages.)
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Cool, interesting to know

That episode was on the other day and all I can say is...man she was pretty and had great hair...awesome hair.

Has anyone read Gemworld? I hear it takes place on the Elyasian home world and stars Melora as one fo the principles.

Regarding Elaysians.

As I recall, Bashir mentioend that teh wheelchair was only necessary because the structure of DS9 prohibited the use of ehr usual antigrav frame. Or some such thing. Been a while since I watched the episode.

So the wheelchair shouldn't be a standard remedy.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    Regarding Elaysians.

As I recall, Bashir mentioend that teh wheelchair was only necessary because the structure of DS9 prohibited the use of ehr usual antigrav frame. Or some such thing. Been a while since I watched the episode.

So the wheelchair shouldn't be a standard remedy.
    Well, I did a lot of research and your quite right. But the problem was that the Cardassian architechture wouild not support her normal anti-grav chair. So the wheelchair/antigrav chair IS standard equipment, I simply felt it uneccesary to mince terminology for the same effect...

Note; This was a budgetary concern, and was later ignored when anti--grav trolleys were occasionally seen pushed around the Promenade, so I guess they fixed this problem.

Perrryyy, technically, Melora wore the bionic frame even withing the chair as it had very little to do with her movement, but rather was designed to allow her to interact under normal (for humans) gravity levels.

AslanC, I read a chapter of Gemworld printed in a trek magazine to wet the appetite, and to be honest I never got turned off a set of books so fast in my life, even the New Frontier had to Kill Scotty, bring Majel Barret in 3 of her 4 roles and add a q to the crew before I felt as sullied as that chapter... Just my opinion, but it could simply have been a really bad choice of chapter...
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Originally posted by Dan Gurden
    AslanC, I read a chapter of Gemworld printed in a trek magazine to wet the appetite, and to be honest I never got turned off a set of books so fast in my life, even the New Frontier had to Kill Scotty, bring Majel Barret in 3 of her 4 roles and add a q to the crew before I felt as sullied as that chapter... Just my opinion, but it could simply have been a really bad choice of chapter...
    WHAT WHAT WHAT!?!??!?!

I left NF when the talking Mugato appeared.

Man it went way down hill eh?

So McHenry was a Q, I thought he was the child of Apollo and that blonde woman.

Originally posted by Dan Gurden

Well, I did a lot of research and your quite right. But the problem was that the Cardassian architechture wouild not support her normal anti-grav chair. So the wheelchair/antigrav chair IS standard equipment, I simply felt it uneccesary to mince terminology for the same effect...

You're right. I remember that now. *slaps forehead*

Like I said, been a while since I watched it

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Originally posted by AslanC

WHAT WHAT WHAT!?!??!?!

I left NF when the talking Mugato appeared.

Man it went way down hill eh?

So McHenry was a Q, I thought he was the child of Apollo and that blonde woman.
    I thought McHenry was a Douwd? But I'm sure you guys are more likely right.

Heck, I gave up on NF after the fourth book. That whole Great Bird of the Galaxy thing was so cheesy it made Spock's Brain look like high drama

And I HATE Calhoun. Not to mention Peter David's really bad portrayal of previously established characters such as Jellico and Shelby.