Thread: Promoted!

Promoted!

Yay me.

I"m now middle-management! Woo-hoo! I'm an assistant manager now, or will be on Monday, with a store where the manager is on maternity leave, the only other keyholder just retired, and the staff are really low of morale. Well, it really is a good thing. Honest.

I get paid more. Sort of. Well, a little...

Hrm. More responsibility... uh. Right. Damn.

I've been pulling double-duty at the store I'm at and the new one I'll be at - sixty hour weeks, though the new store time is unpaid... er... ugh.

Well, I get business cards.

'Nathan / The Doc
    So you think, 'Might as well,
    Dance a Tango to Hell,
    at least I'll have Tangoed at all.'
    -- "Rent," Jonathan Larson

Congratulations?

They keep trying to give me business cards, which I don't want.

Because I consider every position in the office to be a temporary one, I don't believe in getting comfortable in this desk.

'Course I'm just a nut.

And (for the record) I'm not in management here, but I do have over a year of Management Experience. And it was the most rewarding 1.67 years of my life.

Gamethyme

Congratulations!!!

You will probably have worse hours, more responsibilities, and the alienation of most of the staff you used to call your friends.

What field are you in?
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

Talking

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Re: Promoted!

Originally posted by Michael Barratt
    Yay me.

I"m now middle-management! Woo-hoo! I'm an assistant manager now, or will be on Monday, with a store where the manager is on maternity leave, the only other keyholder just retired, and the staff are really low of morale. Well, it really is a good thing. Honest.

I get paid more. Sort of. Well, a little...

Hrm. More responsibility... uh. Right. Damn.

I've been pulling double-duty at the store I'm at and the new one I'll be at - sixty hour weeks, though the new store time is unpaid... er... ugh.

Well, I get business cards.

'Nathan / The Doc
    Congradulations, you poor bastard.

Gotta love that retail management! That's why I work with computers now.

Good luck, my friend.

Alex

*grins* Thanks y'all... it'll be hard work, but the benefits will be... well, nearly nonexistant.

Catch y'all in a few weeks!

The DOc
    So you think, 'Might as well,
    Dance a Tango to Hell,
    at least I'll have Tangoed at all.'
    -- "Rent," Jonathan Larson

Being a professional, there are only two ranks, employee or partner. Believe me, getting promoted, takes a long time
    Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
    Fell deed awake: fire and slaughter!
    Spear shall be shaken, shields be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red-day, ere the sun rises!
    Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!

Theoden King: The Return of the King

My Advice

Find this button at whatever con you might attend and wear this as often as you can at work

"Graduate of the Darth Vader School for Personnel Managment"

I Have mine Permenatly affixed to my office door!

Karg

"I find you lack of productivity disturbing!" ::Make hand gesture::

Well, Doc, at least it will look good on your resume. Just don't forget all the little people who made it possible.

I remember when they made me Flight Sergeant for Flight 1 of the Little Rock AFB Honor Guard. I made a very short speech to accept the position. "Flight 1, tench, HUT! About, FACE! I just wanted a good look at what I'm getting, 'cause from now on, your butts are mine! About, FACE! At ease."
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Congrats on your promotion.

Speaking of which.
    << WOO HOO.

I have some advice for you, advice with a good vintage, its been a running joke in the UN for quite some time, and was shared with me by one of my parents friends at a chraistmas party.

The Soviet premier was on his way out of office, and was meeting with his replacement being of the same reformist communist ideals, the meeting was quite informal and as it drew to a close, the new premier asked his predecesor.

"Do you have any advice for me now that I will be leading our great country."

The outgoing premier smiled and retrieved two sealed envolopes, clearly labeled 1 and 2.

"I certainly do." He said. "The first time your administration gets into trouble, simply open the first envelope and follow the advice therin. Should your administration run into problems a second time, then you should open the second envelope and do the same..."

The new premier smiled, and thanked the outgoing minister.

Sure enough, weeks later, the Premier found himself beset by a crisis. Food shortages had protesters up in arms calling for those responsible. Remembering his predeccesros advice, the Premier opened the first envelope.

'Blame me.' The advice simply said. And so the blame was laid and while the problem was not immediatly solved, the people were satisfied that blame had been laid to the people responsible.

Months later, a second crisis arose, as winter loomed power outages were becoming a serious issue, and the Premier remembering the results of the first advice went to the envelope hoping to deal with any problems before the people started reacting to the problem.

Opening the envelope, he was eager to see what kind of advice he had been given. Written on the paper within, it said;

'Prepare 2 envelopes.'

Enjoy, and I hope it proves helpful!
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by Dan Gurden
    Congrats on your promotion.

Speaking of which.
    << WOO HOO.

I have some advice for you, advice with a good vintage, its been a running joke in the UN for quite some time, and was shared with me by one of my parents friends at a chraistmas party.

The Soviet premier was on his way out of office, and was meeting with his replacement being of the same reformist communist ideals, the meeting was quite informal and as it drew to a close, the new premier asked his predecesor.

"Do you have any advice for me now that I will be leading our great country."

The outgoing premier smiled and retrieved two sealed envolopes, clearly labeled 1 and 2.

"I certainly do." He said. "The first time your administration gets into trouble, simply open the first envelope and follow the advice therin. Should your administration run into problems a second time, then you should open the second envelope and do the same..."

The new premier smiled, and thanked the outgoing minister.

Sure enough, weeks later, the Premier found himself beset by a crisis. Food shortages had protesters up in arms calling for those responsible. Remembering his predeccesros advice, the Premier opened the first envelope.

'Blame me.' The advice simply said. And so the blame was laid and while the problem was not immediatly solved, the people were satisfied that blame had been laid to the people responsible.

Months later, a second crisis arose, as winter loomed power outages were becoming a serious issue, and the Premier remembering the results of the first advice went to the envelope hoping to deal with any problems before the people started reacting to the problem.

Opening the envelope, he was eager to see what kind of advice he had been given. Written on the paper within, it said;

'Prepare 2 envelopes.'

Enjoy, and I hope it proves helpful!
    An oldie, but a goodie, Dan!