Thread: USS FARSCAPE Mission Logs

USS FARSCAPE Mission Logs

I thought I might set down on the net the basics of my new ST: RPG game (One of the advantages of having a computer where I run the game is that I can put notes down on the computer as I run the game and assemble them into a synopsis after the game is finished).

THE BASICS

1) THE SHIP
    The USS Farscape, USS 487693. A Prometheus-class ship. The fifth ship to be given the name (the first was the ill-fated spaceship Farscsape I, lost in Earth orbit, 1999 AD).

2) THE SENIOR STAFF (Brief notes, I'll probably elaborate as the game continues) In the case of some of the NPC's I had actors in mind when giving the descriptions to the players these will be in [] (Please note that the players are using new PC's and not the original characters from STAR TREK: SOVEREIGN) :

CO: Captain Oliver Hudson [Michael Ironside]: Human, Male, Mid 50's. Commanded the USS Resilliant during the Dominion War (Defiant class. credited with the third highest kill total in the Fleet. Destroyed in the last battle of the war.)
    XO (PC): Commander Keris Varn: Centauran,Female, Late 30's. Former first officer of the USS Demeter before getting transferred to the Farscape.
    CHIEF ENGINEER [Gigi Edgely]: Lieutenant Siren Kell. Trill (unjoined). Female.
    FLIGHT CONTROL OFFICER/SECOND OFFICER (PC): Lieutenant Commander Stephen Marcus. Human. Male. Late Early 40's.
    OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT OFFICER: Commander Connor Rourke, 45, Human, Male. Strong silent type.
    TACTICAL OFFICER: Lieutenant j.g Simone Kilbride. 26, Human, Female. Comes from Ireland, firy redhead.
    CHIEF SCIENCE OFFICER: Lieutenant Suran. Vulcan, Male.
    CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER: Doctor Samantha Rourke. 43, Human, Female, recently married Commander Rourke.
    SHIPS COUNSELLOR: Lieutenant j.g Nicole Shae, Human, Female, 27.

3 THE SETTING
    Immediately following DS9.

STAR TREK: FARSCAPE
    EPISODE 1.1 - THE DARK SEASON

"Captain's Log, Stardate 54005.1. The scans we are scheduled to complete of a small proto-nebula in Sector 312-F are proceeding ahead of schedule and will be completed in..."

"Captain, I'm picking up an odd energy reading." Captain Solok of the USS Flemming turned in his seat.
    "Computer, end Log entry, Lieutenant, define 'odd'.?" Solok asked Ensign Burke at Tactical.
    "Well, there was some kind of energy trace at 102 mark 15 but it's gone now. It might have been a cloaked ship but I only just spotted it before it disappeared." Burke looked somewhat perplexed at the scanner.
    "Put the area on the main viewscreen." Solok was halfway out of his seat when the ship rocked and several control panels at the rear of the Flemming's small bridge exploded.
    "Captain, I'm picking up a large vessel decloaking at 102 mark 12, it's destroyed the shield emitters and the subspace transmitter." Burke now sounded frantic but Solok looked at him with a calm expression.
    "Lieutenant, ready the log buoy for immediate launch and proceed to the Lifepods."
    The next burst of hostile fire destroyed the Flemming utterly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Captains log, Stardate 54005.2, The Farscape is almost ready for launch, Lieutenant Kell informs me that the warp engines will be ready for full warp within three hours. Our first officer, Helmsman and Ships Counsellor are still off the ship, the XO will be arriving within the hour and we have been given coordinates to meet the Counsellor on the way to the Cardassian Border."

Commander Varn, formerly of the USS Demeter walked off the transporter pad and nodded to the Ensign operating it, she had expected a reception when she beamed aboard but, regardless, she walked to a turbolift and headed for the bridge.

As the doors opened Varn walked over to a pair of legs sticking out from under the Helm console. "Is the Captain in his ready room?."
    "No. are you Commander Varn?" The man under the console slid out and sat up. Commander Varn noticed he wore the rank pips of a Captain.
    "Captain Hudson. Commander Keris Varn reporting for duty." Varn snapped to attention.
    "At ease Commander. The ship is going to be ready for launch in a hour. I suggest that you get unpacked and report here for 1150 hours."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mister Marcus, take us out at full impulse until we clear the solar system and then take us to warp six for the flight to the Klingon border."

"Aye sir, full impulse."

"Captain, we've reached the coordinates you specified. We're approximates 200,000 metres off the Klingon border." Commander Marcus turned to Captain Hudson.

"Hold position here and Tactical, if anything anomalous appears on screen tell me."

Two hours later the Tactical console beeped "Captain" Simone Kilbride, at Tactical spoke calmly. "There's a Klingon Vor'cha class Cruiser decloaking 200,000 metres off the border. We're being hailed."

"On screen, Lieutenant."

The screen shifted from a view of the Klingon vessel to a grizzled looking Klingon.

"I am captain Kroll of the IKV Bortas, I will beam over your officer immediately."

The screen changed back to a view of the ship as moments later, the ship turned and cloaked.

Hudson pressed his comm badge. "Transporter room, has she beamed over."

"Aye, sir. She's going to her quarters now."

"Lieutenant Shea, report to my Ready Room immediately."

Two minutes later, a short, young woman walked onto the bridge, midway through putting on her uniform top. She turned to Commander Varn. "Commander, is the Captain in his ready room?"

"Yes, Lieutenant, he wants you in there now."

"Aye, Commander." The woman walked over to the Ready Room door, muttered something in Klingon and walked into the Ready Room.

Pretty soon, I'll bring you the rest of the first session and in the meantime if anyone has any comments, suggestions or pretty much anything else to say about this the feel free to tell me.
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

Gotta say I am liking it thus far

Keep up the great work and please post more

Livonia, Michigan, US; Holder of the Steve Long Pink Elephant for SRM Volume 2: The Cardassian Empire Testreading
    In Valen's name! You actually frelling went ahead with that name for the ship? Dang, wish I could join; even based on this little part, it looks like your players are going to have some fun ahead of them (doesn't happen to be a PBeM, does it?).

Just two question--what did you end up with for the final quote on the dedication plaque? And if it's immediately following DS9, shouldn't the registry number be five digits, in the late 70000s or very early 80000s?
    Ambassador Worf, from Diplomatic Implausibility by Keith R.A. DeCandido
    Human scholars have a tendency to overexamine literature that goes well beyond the pedantic.

Originally posted by ArsenicMan
    And if it's immediately following DS9, shouldn't the registry number be five digits, in the late 70000s or very early 80000s?
    I noted this as well in another thread. But now I can't find it to see if there was ever a response.

In answer to questions raised in the interim.

1) The reason the NCC-number is so low is that the Farscape was pretty much f****d over at the start of the Dominion war and isn't a brand spanking new ship.
    2) The Farscape's dedication plaque is as follows:
    "Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real."
    -- Jules Verne, French author (1828-1905).
    3) STAR TREK: FARSCAPE is not a PBEM (I've just been on the web for a week, for frell's sake) but if I can get up the nerve (and work out how to do it) I might create a PBEM version (although for now I'll be busy enough with the standard version).
    4) Due to difficulties with my ISP I will be breaking up the parts of STAR TREK: FARSCAPE into smaller chunks from now on (although they will become a little more regular).
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

Originally posted by silverthorn
    1) The reason the NCC-number is so low is that the Farscape was pretty much f****d over at the start of the Dominion war and isn't a brand spanking new ship.
    OKay but Voyager launched 2 years before the Dominion War and she has a higher NCC.

Just pointint out, not criticizing.

Stephen Marcus walked into the Mess Hall and walked over to the replicators. The Hall was almost full with the Day Shift crew coming off duty. The Farscape was on course for Deep Space 9 where the ship would dock for final checks before they headed into Cardassian territory.

Stephen had just finished ordering a lasagne when he noticed the woman who had (presumably) beamed over from the Klingon warship standing at the windows looking out at the view. Stephen walked over and stood next to her.

"What are you looking at?" Stephen asked, concerned.
    "The end of my career." The woman responded.
    "What do you mean?" Stephen asked.
    "I know Captain Hudson. I served with him on the Yorktown. We have a past together." Stephens eyebrows raised in curiosity. "Not like that, Hudson was First Officer at the time and I was a Ensign assisting the Counsellor. About three weeks after I transferred aboard, I was included in a basic diplomatic away team on Karos Prime. There was a incident, The Commander was in grave danger and wanted to put himself in even greater danger so I..."
    "So you did what?" Stephen asked, his curiosity raging by now.
    "I knocked him out and beamed him back to the ship."
    "YOU DID WHAT!!!" Stephen shouted, forgetting where he was.
    "I hit him and beamed him back to the ship. I figured he was more important alive than dead. Now, I'm assigned to the same ship as him again and he want's to organise a transfer to another ship for me as he sees that I'm too, inexperienced for the position on this ship. So, I'm stuck, within three hours of joining this ship, being transferred to another ship. Great, how's that going to look on my record."
    "I think I see your problem."

"Captain's Log Supplemental. We are currently 3 hours away from entering the Bajor-B'Havarel system. All systems are running within tolerances and the crew appears to be bonding as a team."

"Captain, I'm picking up a very large gravitational displacement wave a quarter of a light year away." Lieutenant Kilbride looked up from her console.

"Mister Marcus, take us towards that object. Brake when we are 1,000,000 kilimetres away from it and put it on main viewer."

Re: USS FARSCAPE Mission Logs

1) THE SHIP - The USS Farscape, USS 487693. A Prometheus-class ship. The fifth ship to be given the name (the first was the ill-fated spaceship Farscsape I, lost in Earth orbit, 1999 AD).
    I just noticed this fact. I was still thinking you were using an Intrepid.

That said your explanation makes perfect sense

Great sutff BTW, I love the narrative format you are doing your summaries in

The Farscape sat in deep space. On the bridge, the crew were very busy. Commander Varn was the first to ask.

"Well, where is it then?"

Lieutenant Suran, Chief Science Officer spoke. "It appears the object has disappeared."

Captain Hudson turned and walked to the Science station. "What do you mean, disappeared?"

"The object registered on our sensors for as long as it took to get us here and then disappeared." Surak responded calmly.

"Captain, I'm registering a fault on deck 3. A door of the main corridor on Deck 3 just opened but no-one is registering on the sensors." Lieutenant Kilbride spoke up.

"Why, Lieutenant, would you have even noticed this?"

"Well sir, when I was off-duty, I could have sworn I saw a, well, a cat on Deck 3. In that section." Kilbride was now looking somewhat nervous.

"A cat, lieutenant. What type of cat?" Commander Varn looked at Captain Hudson.

"Er, a black one."

At the same time Varn and Hudson both turned to one another and had the same thought.

Hudson ran to his chair. "Shields up, red alert. Number One lead a security detatchment down to Deck 3 before he causes a war."

Lieutenant Kilbride was sick of her job. She was onto her third set of quarters, searching Deck 3 for a cat. She walked into a empty set of quarters and saw a black cat who nonchelantely walked into the next room. Still thinking it was a bit over the top Kilbride pulled out her phaser and walked into the next room.

Within the room was a man dressed impecably in a suit, his black hair cut in a hairdo which hadn't been popular since the 23rd century.

"Ah, you had better take me to your captain." The man was calm despite having a phaser pointed at him. Kilbride shrugged as the cat jumped into his hands and he walked out into the corridor.

"Lieutenant, you can take your men away with you, we'll handle the questioning." Hudson, Varn and Kilbride stood on one side of the brig forcefield while the man and his cat sat on the other side both just watching what there captors were doing.

"Okay, Mister Seven, I assume you are the same Gary Seven who Kirk encountered the better part of a century ago. Now, last time you appeared because you were attempting to stop the destruction of amnkind so, the question is, what are you doing on my ship?"

"Ah, Captain Hudson, what I'm doing here will become very clear, around about now."

At which point the ship rocked violently...

If I've made any mistakes about Gary Seven and the episode he appeared in (I can't even remember the name of the episode) I apologise. I'm just following in the footsteps of TPTB and f*****g up the continuity.

Livonia, Michigan, US; Holder of the Steve Long Pink Elephant for SRM Volume 2: The Cardassian Empire Testreading
    In answer to questions raised in the interim.

You gave a six-digit number, though, in the 400000s.

2) The Farscape's dedication plaque is as follows:
    "Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real."
    -- Jules Verne, French author (1828-1905).
    That works, quite well.

3) STAR TREK: FARSCAPE is not a PBEM (I've just been on the web for a week, for frell's sake) but if I can get up the nerve (and work out how to do it) I might create a PBEM version (although for now I'll be busy enough with the standard version).
    Ok. I'm assuming that you'll be posting here on the forums if you turn it into a PBeM?

4) Due to difficulties with my ISP I will be breaking up the parts of STAR TREK: FARSCAPE into smaller chunks from now on (although they will become a little more regular).
    We understand.
    Ambassador Worf, from Diplomatic Implausibility by Keith R.A. DeCandido
    Human scholars have a tendency to overexamine literature that goes well beyond the pedantic.

And now, the conclusion to Part One of the Dark Season.

Lieutenant Kilbride had just returned to the Bridge from the Brig when Ensign Kellerman at Tactical suddenly looked up from her console. "Lieutenant, I'm picking up a massive burst of tachyons dead ahead. We'll be right in the middle of it, err.. now!"

The viewscreen exploded into a brilliant burst of colour.

Lieutenant Marcus, in command temporarily, shouted "Ensign Tortall, turn us around."

The Vulcan Tortall turned to face him. "Lieutenant, the helm is not responding."

Lieutenant Marcus was sure that the great Starfleet Captains like Kirk and Picard would have some sort of brilliant thing to say at this time. Unfortunately for Lieutenant Marcus, the only thing that sprung to mind at the time was "Oh, frell!"

In the Brig Hudson and Varn were sent tumbling across the room (fortunately, not into the force field that was still working perfectly well).

"Now what?" Varn turned to Captain Hudson "I thought this was supposed to be a simple mission."

"It was Commander, now Seven" Hudson managed to steady himself. "What the hell are you up to." Hudson looked as Seven disappeared into some sort of cross between a transporter effect and a cloud of fog.

Back on the Bridge, Lieutenant Marcus managed to struggle up to the Science station where Surak was monitoring the sensor readings. "Surak, what the frell's going on?"
    "Lieutenant, we appear to be within a wormhole."
    Marcus grunted. "Oh man, why is it always wormholes?"

Varn and Hudson scrambled out of the turbolift and looked at the viewscreen as the view changed from a caleidoscope of colours to a normal starfield.

Hudson took this train of events with a calm countenance. "Mister Marcus, take the helm and attempt to get us out of this spin." .

"Aye, Sir." By this time Marcus was glad to be back as Helm Officer rather than Captain.

"Captain?" Lieutenant Kilbride turned to Hudson, "there's a planet out there."

Lieutenant Marcus managed to correct the dead spin the Farscape was in and placed the ship into a high orbit over the northern pole.

"Damage reports, by section." Varn was somewhat relieved when the reports showed that there was next to no damage to the ship from their trip through the wormhole although Lieutenant Kell informed the Bridge that it was probably a bad idea to go to warp in the next six hours.

Hudson was, as always pragmatic. "Good, Mister Surak, have you got a locational fix for us yet?"

Surak answered with absolute, unfailing logic. "Yes sir, we are currently in orbit of a M-Class planet in the Delta quadrant approximately 69,500 light years away from our previous location."

END OF PART ONE.

Due to enquiries by ArsenicMan I am going to start running a PBEM Star Trek game pretty soon which will not be STAR TREK: FARSCAPE but will be along similar lines. It's current title:

STAR TREK: SENTINEL.

The following all happened "off-screen" so to speak.

The space where the good ship Farscape disappeared on it's little trip was as empty as it had been before the ship vanished until a ship suddenly dropped out of warp.

"Mister Nog, scan for debris and anything out of the ordinary." Colonel Kira Nerys, Commander of Deep Space 9 and temporary commanding officer of the USS Defiant was worried, the long range sensors on DS9 had detected the Farscape dissapear and, as the closest installation to the site, had decided to command the Defiant on a mission to investigate.

"Colonel, their's no sign of debris but I'm picking up elevated chroniton emissions, there could be a wormhole out there but, if their is, then it's closed and fading away quickly." the newly promoted Lieutenant Nog was slightly nervous that there might be a fault in the sensors on this new USS Defiant but if not, then who knew where the Farscape was.