Thread: Adivice Required

Adivice Required

Can anyone out there give me some advice on starting up a PBEM game.

I've been giving some thought to turning my upcoming game STAR TREK: SENTINEL into a PBEM game.

Any help would be appreciated.
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

Have a very clear idea of the outline for each scenario.

Have an established protocol for posting. Quoting only portions of the text you are responding to, denoting what is "new" text. How various tests will be resolved...

For command-level officers, players whose characters you expect to help drive the action because they are in some position of authority, make certain they will be posting regularly.

Keep a few NPCs around to help prompt the PCs especially if one player stops responding and if that does happen set out how that will be handled at the beginning of the game and if necessary do not hesitate to do a forced move.

I could go on but it is pretty late here and I need some rest. I can address this further at a later date if you are interested.

Regards,
    CKV.

On an additional note:

In your Introduction to the Game, give the Players an idea of when the campaign will occur and possibly a reference point in one of the shows. Eg. Occurs the day after the Best of Both Worlds II.

State any direct changes to the history or additions to the history of your campaign: Picard died at Wolf 359, the New Frontiers series is a part of the campaign. This allows players to not operate under a possible false assumption of history.

List all gaming materials you have access to and that will be in play during the game. You can also list any reference materials that you may choose to use, in case players desire to use them as aides as well.

List the options available for character generation as well as any restrictions.

Regards,
    CKV.