Space the Final Frontier...

On January 1st 2413, the United Federation of Planets was attacked by the Romulan Star Empire.

While we had been in peaceful coexistence with the Star Empire for many years, and as the Romulan leaders themselves expressed an interest in remaining our allies, The Romulan Navy secretly began building their forces along the Neutral Zone.

As we celebrated the beginning of a new year, they attacked. They started off small, outposts and starships were the first to be hit. They then continued onward toward our worlds. In less than 2 hours, the Romulan fleet had managed to completely destroy any and all life on the colony worlds of Berack, New Caldonia, and Archer IV. By this time we had already deployed our Starfleet to the area that they had been in, ready for action; They failed in their duties. The Romulans managed to press forward, making it all the way to the coreworld of Rigel before we could stop them.

The attacks of the morning hours caused severe damage to the Federations forces in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. Sadly I have to report that over 20 billion lives have been lost. Also I must report that other vessels in our space have been hit as well.

The Romulans have, therefore, undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. The facts of today speak for themselves. The people of the Federation have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to the very life and safety of our association.

As the final transmissions from the Romulan Ambassadors arrived from Romulus at 08:00 I did the unimaginable. I, President Ravi’a Commander and Chief for the United Federation of Planets Armed Forces, have issued orders throughout the remaining Federation Fleet to proceed to the Neutral Zone, correction former Neutral Zone, for preparations for War. In addition to this I have approved the activation of Task Force 1. This group will be sent to all the hotspots in the Galaxy to defend the interests of the Federation, whether they be militaristic or diplomatic. I also assure the peoples of the Federation that we will continue to follow our directives to seek out new worlds and explore space.

However, at this moment I request that the Federation Council declare a state of War. With confidence in our armed forces - with the unbounding determination of our people - we will gain the inevitable triumph - so help us God.

I believe I interpret the will of the Congress and of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost, but will make very certain that this form of treachery shall never endanger us again. I ask that the Congress declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by The Romulans this morning that a state of war exists between the Federation and the Romulan Empire.

These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise...

Her mission of exploration has changed and now its up to the crew of the flagship to save the Federation!

http://pub97.ezboard.com/bthefleet42286
or
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ussenterprise_ncc1701g/
or
http://pub97.ezboard.com/fthefleet42286frm3

The following positions are currently open

Deputy Chiefs and Junior Officers

The Following positions will open at the end of the month

Executive Officer
Security Chief
Marine Commander
Chief Medical Officer