Thread: The USS Sentinel - New PBEM game

The USS Sentinel - New PBEM game

After some thinking (and the players in my RPG group deciding they'd rather play Star Wars) I have started a Star Trek based PBEM game.

It's name STAR TREK: Sentinel (it's continuing mission: to do Voyager better than Star Trek Voyager did).

If anyone is interested, the following posts are open at present:

-Commanding Officer
    -Executive Officer
    -Flight Control Officer (Conn)
    -Chief Engineer
    -Operations Management Officer (Ops)
    -Mission Operations Officer
    -Environmental Systems Officer
    -Tactical Officer
    -Chief Science Officer
    -Chief Medical Officer

The ships Counsellor will be a NPC.

Anyone wishing to enlist please E-mail me at:
    the-uss-sentinel@yahoogroups.com

with a list of three posts (in order of how much you want to fill the particular post) you would like to fill and a basic description of the character you would like to play (description, race, personality). Posts will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

I'd be interested in joining, but the damned Yahoo doesn't want to let me create an account. I'll try again when I come back later today...
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

Is this a LUGTrek game?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is this a LUGTrek game?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes indeedy. After I've sorted out what everyone's playing, I'll be wanting character sheets and background.
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

Re: The USS Sentinel - New PBEM game

Originally posted by silverthorn
    After some thinking (and the players in my RPG group deciding they'd rather play Star Wars) I have started a Star Trek based PBEM game.

It's name STAR TREK: Sentinel (it's continuing mission: to do Voyager better than Star Trek Voyager did).
    Silverthorn,

How about some details:
    - Time frame (ENT/TOS/TNG/POST VOY)
    - Class of vessel
    - Denied races
    - Expected area of patrol

Thanks!
    ~~~randy~~>

"Our supreme task and duty is to guard the homes of the common people from the horrors and miseries of another war." Winston Churchill, March 5, 1946

The time era for STAR TREK: SENTINEL is season 4 DS9. The class of ship the game will be based on will be a Galaxy class ship (I know it says the game is set on a Prometheus class on the Group page on Yahoo but that's a mistake).

Any Federation races will pretty much get in and non-Fed races will get in if the description you provide with the list of acceptible posts gives a good reason.

The area of patrol (at least to begin with) is the Cardassian border.

Okay, I meant to say that the game is set after the Dominion War (man, I'm all over place this morning).

The time era for STAR TREK: SENTINEL is set after the Dominion War.
    The class of ship the game will be based on will be a Galaxy class ship.
    Any Federation races.
    Non-Fed races will get in if the description you provide with the list of acceptible posts gives a good reason.
    The area of patrol (at least to begin with) is the Cardassian border.
    Okay, got it. What's her NCC#? (I got a suggestion, if you'd like.)
    ~~~randy~~>

"Our supreme task and duty is to guard the homes of the common people from the horrors and miseries of another war." Winston Churchill, March 5, 1946

Okay, got it. What's her NCC#? (I got a suggestion, if you'd like.)

I'm open to suggestions.

>>Okay, got it. What's her NCC#? (I got a suggestion, if you'd like.)

>I'm open to suggestions.
    NCC-71901

The newspaper for Hot Springs, AR is the Sentinel-Record. 71901 is the postal zip code for Hot Springs, AR.

Just an idea...
    ~~~randy~~>

Livonia, Michigan, US; Holder of the Steve Long Pink Elephant for SRM Volume 2: The Cardassian Empire Testreading

Problem...

I should note that you apparently have to be a member to send a message to that address...

I've signed up, and am waiting for my approval so I can re-send my enlistment request.
    Ambassador Worf, from Diplomatic Implausibility by Keith R.A. DeCandido
    Human scholars have a tendency to overexamine literature that goes well beyond the pedantic.

Re: Problem...

Originally posted by ArsenicMan
    I should note that you apparently have to be a member to send a message to that address...

I've signed up, and am waiting for my approval so I can re-send my enlistment request.
    The address that Silverthorn gave was for posting to the list, of which you need to be a member. A message should be sent to "the-uss-sentinel-owner@yahoogroups.com". This address will go directly to him.
    ~~~randy~~>