Thread: Info on the Klingon Raptor Class

Question Info on the Klingon Raptor Class

Does anyone have any of the pertinent data for ship creation?

I am guessing that it is about 120m long, 80m beam(at nacelle pylons, and has 4 decks. Any additional data would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Jones

Is this another computer game ship? What's its capablities?
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Klingons have velociraptors? That's cool.
    Jesus saves... and takes half damage.
    --+
    (www.btvs-rpg.net)

This was the Klingon scout ship stranded in the atmosphere of a gas giant, in the Enterprise episode "Sleeping Dogs."

Though I'm not sure on what the exact specs should be, I'd start by taking another scoutship design (B'rel, likely) and adapting its basics stats to what is, from appearances, a smaller ship.

Also remember to downgrade the systems to account for the technological differences between the Enterprise time period and that of the movies/TNG.
    Number of shuttles would probably be fewer; number of disruptors roughly the same (accounting for size), but less powerful. Also, remember that we learned in this episode that Klingons do not use escape pods at all...it's dishonorable.

Given that Klingons tend to use similar design aesthetics and principles longer than the Federation, I'm of the opinion that there should need to be too many other changes from the B'rel concept ... anyone disagree?

Ah, it's from Enterprise - that explains why I've never heard of it! (We get that one in about a month.)

So, they're using the bird of prey format that early? Damn! That puts paid to the Romulan design theory

I believe "raptor" is a technical name for the hawk/falcon/eagle family of birds.
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)