Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress Update

Post Progress Update

Dear fans,

Many of you know me from my LUG days, and are familiar with my frequent absences. For those of you new to me, to the TrekRPG discussion boards, or new to Star Trek gaming, allow me to explain. Generally, I try to check all Star Trek RPG message boards every other day. But then, as sudden as an ion storm over the Halkan homeworld, I get swamped with work and completely disappear. Some may say I need to learn to multitask, while others might understand that if I'm going to write 1,000 words I'd much rather it be in a book than in a much of messages. This is precisely what's happened recently, and I apologize for my absence.

What have I been working on? Why, the Narrator's Guide, of course. It is currently in layout and I'm proofing chapters on a daily basis. I fully expect the Narrator's Guide to come out within 4 to 5 weeks of the release of the Player's Guide.

On the subject of the Player's Guide, all I know is the following: It's at the printers. I don't know what the final cover looks like because the graphics department hasn't shown me a proof. I don't know when the book will hit the stands, because I have no idea what's going on at the printing presses. I just make the games.

I know you all sent in lots of questions after I dropped into a nebula and my comm systems were out, and I want to thank Don Mappin for posting an alert about my status. That Don is a wonderful guy. If you have questions that I have not answered, please repeat them here. I'll get to them asap.

On a private note: I am doing a bit of spring cleaning around my quarters these days, and I've been auctioning off parts of my game collection on eBay. Right now, I'm on RPGs and CCGs, but soon will be moving to that hallowed of categories, my Star Trek toys (as a Viacom licensee, I've gotten some pretty choice stuff over the years). I figured some of you out there might be interested in what I have to sell. You can find my auctions by searching by seller name: hunter_rosegrendel

[EDIT by Don]
    Here's the link for Ross' auctions.
    [/EDIT]

Yours,

Ross A. Isaacs
    Line Developer—Star Trek RPG

On a private note: I am doing a bit of spring cleaning around my quarters these days, and I've been auctioning off parts of my game collection on eBay. Right now, I'm on RPGs and CCGs, but soon will be moving to that hallowed of categories, my Star Trek toys (as a Viacom licensee, I've gotten some pretty choice stuff over the years). I figured some of you out there might be interested in what I have to sell. You can find my auctions by searching by seller name: hunter_rosegrendel

Yours,

Ross A. Isaacs
    Line Developer—Star Trek RPG

Great of you, to sell this stuff, Ross, but unfortunately I can't buy anything, since you will ship to the USA-only. To bad, I thought you had a few great things, I would like to buy. :'(

Mischartac, Holland.

Thanks for the heads up.

You are the man.
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

Thumbs up International Shipping

So far, I've accepted shipping to Chile, and I'm still waiting for payment.

So, I will ship internationally under two conditions:

1) Winning bidders pay via PayPal only. No money orders, please.

2) Winning bidders agree to pay the actual shipping cost, which I will provide after I've actually shipped the product.

I'm not anti-international (and in fact I've been to the Netherlands and loved it!), I just need to get this stuff out of my house FAST.

The Huneter Rose Grendel, eh, Ross? Best of the lot.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Talking The Best of the Lot

>>The Huneter Rose Grendel, eh, Ross? Best of the lot.<<

Absolutely. I wanted more Hunter Rose Grendel. I liked Christine Spar and the Grendel Khan, but for me I wanted to see more Hunter Rose. The Batman/Grendel cross over with Hunter Rose was terrific.

And the only toys I'm not selling are my Grendel and Kevin Matchstick action figures.

Ahh excellent...I shall strike forth ofr the Players Guide!

Also just in case anyone knows, I am needing a TNG and a TOS Narrator's Tool Kits.

Me too! The Ghost Dog RPG has my name on it!
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Talking

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to stop by, Ross!

Darn shame to see all that great stuff go. I’ve seen your office—quite an impressive lot. (I remember being with you when you picked up some of that swag.)

BTW, out of curiosity, is the Wick Orkworld rock in the auction? “Dude! I just paid John Wick real money for a rock!”

Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

First, Don, let me thank you for your assistance in Project eBay. You're a sweetie.

>>Darn shame to see all that great stuff go. I’ve seen your office—quite an impressive lot. (I remember being with you when you picked up some of that swag.)<<

For those of you not in the know, I am (or was) a toy freak. I have the Insurrection type II hand phaser toy by Playmates (production number 000018), the Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock Tholian Web playset (production number 000029), Dixon Hill and Guinan playset (production number 000042), and "A Fistful of Datas" playset (#000055). I have 12" Kirk and Spock in Wrath of Khan uniforms, 12" Captain Pike, 12" Q, 9" Kirk and Spock Amok Time figures, and Kirk, McCoy, and Uhura 9" figures in Mirror, Mirror uniforms. And that's not all. I also have about 20 Star Wars figures still in their packaging (the Power of the Force stuff pre-TPM) and my collection of 1970s Star Wars figures (out of packaging, but complete with all their accessories). And there's still more....

All must go, and will as soon as I can get digital photos up. So Don wasn't kidding about my huge collection of toys.

>>BTW, out of curiosity, is the Wick Orkworld rock in the auction? “Dude! I just paid John Wick real money for a rock!” <<

Y'know, I never thought of that. Too bad I pitched the rock a few days ago. Surely, it would have fetched a ton of money.

Maybe I'll sell that rock from that restaurant we ate at when you and Cami were here. =)

Wink

Originally posted by RIsaacs
    Maybe I'll sell that rock from that restaurant we ate at when you and Cami were here. =)
    Dude, no way! I still have mine sitting at my desk in my office! The rock from "The Rock" will never die!

(BTW, that was a threesome at that restaurant—I left Cami behind on that trip.)
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by AslanC

Also just in case anyone knows, I am needing a TNG and a TOS Narrator's Tool Kits.
    Imagine that, so am I!

Originally posted by Don Mappin

(BTW, that was a threesome at that restaurant—I left Cami behind on that trip.)
    Maybe it's just my depraved mind at work, but that sounds quite, er, kinky

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Talking

Am I allowed to moderate Ross and Don before some funky music starts playing?
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

BOW CHICKA BOW BOW!!!

TOO LATE!!!

Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."