Thread: A question concerning writing up a campaign.

A question concerning writing up a campaign.

After I got a fairly positive reaction to my posting what happened in my last Star Trek game (the sadly short-lived STAR TREK: FARSCAPE) I decided to ask the following.

Would anyone out there like me to start writing up STAR TREK: CHURCHILL on this site (I've got a good 5 hours worth of gaming to write up so far and I'm running the game weekly).
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

Sure.

What happend to the Farscape game? Group break up, run out of steam on the first hill? I hate it when that happens.

I've got the opposite problem with the Star Trek campaign. I'm actually not much of a ST fan -- as pointed out by others in various posts, I'm not much of a utopian. I'd like to trade teh campaign in for something else...but it's got great legs: the players love it & I keep pumping out ideas.

It's my Jovian Chronicles campaign that just ies, no matter how well it's going.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Sure post away. I love reading other people's campaign write ups

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

OK, it's good to see that there is a demand.

Concerning the ill-fated Farscape game, that died a death due to the players only wanting to play Star Wars.

Anyway, with no further ado (and I know it bears a shocking resemblance to the Star Trek: Farscape game but it's different players so I can get away with a certain amount of recycling):

STAR TREK: CHURCHILL. EPISODE 1.1: A FIRST STEP

(What follows is the introductory speech given to the players prior to the commencement of Star Trek: Churchill).

On stardate 49011.4 the Klingon Empire withdrew from Khitomer Accords plunging the Alpha Quadrant into a period of instability. In reaction to this situation Starfleet Command prepared to send a large number of vessels to the Klingon border in case of Klingon incursion.

SPACEDOCK ONE, EARTH ORBIT, STARDATE 49153.1.

"Look, I tell you. I bet we're getting assigned to a Galaxy Class, we're the best of the best <At which point the other players all said "Sir!, with honours.">. We'll get a Galaxy." Lieutenant JG Karen O'Connor was as excitable as ever.
    "I doubt that, there are only 2 Galaxy class vessels still in service and I doubt that our service records would be good enough to get a posting to one of them." Lieutenant Soral was as infinitely logical as ever. "I beleive it is far more likely that we will be assigned to a smaller vessel."
    The two friends were walking through one of the main thoroughfares on the station trying to get to shuttlebay one where they were to board a shuttle to Mars Utopia Planetia for reassignment, Karen as Chief FCO, Soral as Chief Science Officer.

The pair reached Shuttlebay One and walked to the shuttle. Crewman Graves greeted them "Lieutenants, if you'll get in the shuttle, I'll get you to the ship before you're comfortable." Soral and O'Connor got in the shuttle and within minutes they were approaching Mars. The shuttle glided past ships, some under construction, some under repair. The shuttle turned into a dry-dock and pulled into a small shuttlebay. Graves turned around. "Well, Lieutenant's the Captain's expecting you in his Ready Room so I'll make sure your luggage is sent to your quarters.

MORE LATER
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

Dealing with a Tellarite the Kincaid way.

Graal was displeased, granted Graal is a Tellarite, therefore he's genetically predisposed to being grumpy but he was more displeased than normal. His baby, namely the warp engine of the USS Churchill was playing up again. The fact that the ship is well over 80 years old was unimportant. Graal is the kind of Chief Engineer who takes problems with 'his' engines personally. Ships Counsellor Erin Kincaid was unlucky enough to walk into Engineering as Graal was yelling at his Assistant. "Lieutenant, what's the matter. Is there something I can do to help?" Kincaid had heard Graal shouting at the Engineering crew before and had managed to work out why he was so stressed.
    Graal turned to face Kincaid and walked over to her. "Lieutenant, this Engineering team haven't managed to correct the imbalance in the port plasma injector and we've only got 20 hours before we're due to leave. Yes, there is something you can do to help. You can get the f..." Graal was stopped by a beaming smile on Kincaid's face. Graal hated Kincaid when she smiled, he couldn't stay mad at her. "I assume you've been shouting at your team and probably the warp engine as well. Well, here's a idea. Why don't you go up to the mess and get something to eat and the rest of the team will try to sort it out." Kincaid whispered in Graal's ear "You never know, if you're not blowing their concentration shouting at them all the time maybe they'll get it sorted out." Graal stood and considered the options until he was bodily pushed out of the Engine room by Kincaid.

Half an hour later, Graal was in the mess eating a ham sandwich when his com-badge chirped. "Chief, we managed to correct the imbalance. The engine's should be ready in 7 hours."
    Graal smiled. "Good, I'll be down imm..." Graal looked at the rest of the sandwich. "in 30. Carry on." He was still feeling hungry.

The Secret Adventures of F'Shan Trellin.

"So let me get this straight, you believe that the League of Darkness is going to assassinate Queen Victoria using a giant mechanical mole." Lieuteant JG F'Shan Trellin was somewhat interested. She had been sent down to Holodeck 1 by the Captain to check that the improvements made to it by SCE were working. Judging by the fact that it looked and sounded like Victorian Paris (she guessed, she hadn't visited current day Paris let alone Vicotrian Paris) had convinced her that this was correct. The check was supposed to have taken 5 minutes, she had been in the room for 30.
    "Yes, Miss Fogg, we believe a young man named Verne has designed said device for the specific purpose of assassinating her majesty. Your brother is investigating Verne, we need you to guard the queen." F'Shan's whiskers bristled and her ears perked up at this. Ahh, action, adventure. These are thing's that a (vaguely bored) Caitian looks forward to.

BEEP.

"Oh frell, Computer, save program, end program." She pressed her combadge, her tail flicking from side ro side in a annoyed fashion.
    "Lieutenant." It was the Captain. "You're supposed to be checking the starboard EPS conduit, is there anything wrong with Holodeck 1?"
    "Nothing Sir" Trellin preseed her combadge. "Just Queen Victoria's about to get assassinated and I'm stuck checking the starboard EPS conduit." Trellin started to the door.
    "Lieutenant, if you're going to pass comments like that, I suggest that you check you've turned your combadge off. And you can save Queen Victoria after you've checked the starboard EPS conduit."

It's days like this that F'Shan wished she'd never been born.

More general information (than you're probably ever going to need)

Here's some general information concerning the STAR TREK: CHURCHILL game:

The Churchill (NCC-6849) is a Miranda class Cruiser which was constructed in 2276 at Mars Utopia Planetia. The ship has been in continuous service ever since (it is one of the longest serving ships in the fleet). It has taken part in more battles than just about any ship in service and has, by Graal's estimation, probably only got about 3% of the original ship left (the rest having either been blown off or swapped out for more advanced components).

It has the interesting honour of being (at one time) one of two ships called the Churchill serving in Starfleet. The other ship (a Ambassador class) was destroyed by maquis terrorists in drydock at Vulcanis one year ago, just before the Miranda class Churchill was to be scrapped. The former CO of the Churchill, Admiral Collins pulled some strings and the Churchill was brought out of mothballs ands pressed back into service. Our story begins as the Churchill's 6 month long refit is being completed. A mostly new crew is arriving on the ship and the human adventure is about to continue.

Comments are welcome, if only to tell me where I'm going wrong.