Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Decipher's RPG Net Rep

Originally posted by Sarge
    Thanks for the info on character creation, Doug.
    Glad to be of service, Sarge.

when we're creating characters, can we do it with less page-flipping than ICON?
    The chapters regarding each part of the character creation process are placed in the same order they would be used in the process. Species, Professions, Development (Packages), followed by Skills & Traitsd (which are gained in the packages) and then Characteristics.

OK, make that one-and-a-half more related questions: when we do have to flip pages, are there cross-references to point us in the right direction? IE, "Choose one new starship op skill (pg 44)." Of course, the hypothetical page 44 would list and/or describe starship op skills.
    Except in cases where the reference is fairly self-explanatory, the references given seem to have signs posted where necessary.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Originally posted by Doug Burke

No biggie, Capt. Hunter. I know how excited everyone's getting about the new game, so forgetting about a semi-lurking regular like me is no skin off my nose.
    Well I do have a tendecny towards obliviousness........ Is that even a word?

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Originally posted by Dr. Jonas Bashir
    Doug! Are you interested (or allowed, or both) to participate in a scheduled chat so people can come for an hour and ask you questions? Please send an email to jonasbashir@sevspace.com or reply with a possible date here, and I'll make the arrangements.
    I'm available since the veil of silence has been lifted.

mappin@xmission.com
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Hey, maybe we could both do it. As if we weren't bad enough when we get together in person!

I was about to say 'wahoo' after I read Don's post. But now it merits a double 'wahoo'.

Pick a day, Gentlemen! Any day, except Saturdays, from 6 PM to 12 AM USA ET. That, provided you're getting DST next week. If not, from 5PM to 11 PM.
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

Talking cool!

mmm.... the player's guide is reminding me of how i felt when i read Mayfair Games' Chill corebook!

wowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow

....BREATHE

How about telling us about the contents of the narrator's guide?

What happened to the Klingon, Starmaps and Deckplans books?

I'm guessing that the Klingons is now part of the Aliens book.

If Starmaps has been put on hold I'm disappointed.

I would love to see Pocket Books' version blasted off the map!

How's the PDF situation going (I have seen on the Star Trek CCG webpage samples of the cards)?

What about the website?

What about advertising?

I've contacted EVERY bookstore in my area they have no idea that the Star Trek RPG is a reality. Anything being done to change that?

Anymore stealth marketing going to happen...or not happen (that's what stealth marketing is)?

Is there any offical response to GURPS doing a Klingon book?

Re: cool!

Originally posted by jedimuldoon
    How about telling us about the contents of the narrator's guide?
    As I said earlier, the copy of the Narrator's Guide I have now is just a proof and may be subject to change. So it would be a little premature to give a listing of the table of contents as yet. Check with me again in a couple of weeks.

What happened to the Klingon, Starmaps and Deckplans books?

I'm guessing that the Klingons is now part of the Aliens book.

If Starmaps has been put on hold I'm disappointed.
    I am not privvy to the decision-making process as to which products will and will not be produced. So, I really can't give any insight into what other products are coming and what the reasoning for them is.

I'd love to give you more information along those lines, but I simply don't have access to the requested information. All I have is the PG and an early copy of the NG. Questions about them and the game system itself are within my purview. Any questions about development or marketing are most deifnitely beyond my capacity.

How's the PDF situation going (I have seen on the Star Trek CCG webpage samples of the cards)?
    Again I refer you to the above comment. Ross and Don have explained before the current attitude toward PDF supplements and, should things change, those in the know (Ross and others) will inform us of it.

What about the website?
    TPTB have assured me that a stronger web presence is one of their top priorities at the moment.

What about advertising?

I've contacted EVERY bookstore in my area they have no idea that the Star Trek RPG is a reality. Anything being done to change that?

Anymore stealth marketing going to happen...or not happen (that's what stealth marketing is)?
    See my earlier comment about development and marketing.

None that has been relayed to me.

Smile More Curiosity...

Doug,

My last campaign took place in the DS9 period, aboard an old Regula-1 starbase and had the players with a Talon - Class ship + a ship being built of their own design.

ANother person I know showed interest in an Intrepid - Class vessel campaign.

Any of these ships or stations going to appear in the PG or NG (I'll take a tentative yes if necessary. )

WHat about the Creation rules ofr Stations and ships?

Tom

Re: More Curiosity...

Originally posted by Arknight
    Any of these ships or stations going to appear in the PG or NG (I'll take a tentative yes if necessary. )
    I am fairly sure the Intrepid will appear in the Narrator's Guide. As for the Talon, see my answer below.

WHat about the Creation rules ofr Stations and ships?
    There will be ship creation rules in the NG.

I thought the Intrepid was in the Player's Guide?

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Re: cool!

Congrats on the promotion, Admiral!

Originally posted by jedimuldoon
    Technically I would guess this is a licensing issue, and since Amarillo DB now have their licenses in order... Otherwise something may pop up in legal arenas soon!

To clarify for those that don't know: ADB (makers of Star Fleet Battles) are doing a second edition of Prime Directive (this time based on GURPS). First supplement will be GURPS Klingons (!)

What I do know is that GURPS (i.e. Steve Jackson Games) aren't doing this book, ADB are. It will also only be the Klingons as they appeared in SFB, which means no 24th century stuff.

The biggest issue I see for Decipher is brand recognition. How many people will order these books thinking they're for the new ST RPG?
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    I thought the Intrepid was in the Player's Guide?
    There is a chapter dealing with the components of a starship, which includes a page each detailing general stats for the main ships (plus, in DS9's case the main station) for each of the four series covered (which includes the Intrepid-class USS Voyager). But for the game stats themselves, we'll have to wait for the NG.

Re: Re: cool!

Originally posted by Imagus
    Congrats on the promotion, Admiral!
    Thanks.

>SNIP speculation on ADB, Licensing issues, and such...<

Your information seems to jibe with what I know, but, as I said earlier, I can't comment without getting more info from TPTB.

Originally posted by Doug Burke

There is a chapter dealing with the components of a starship, which includes a page each detailing general stats for the main ships (plus, in DS9's case the main station) for each of the four series covered (which includes the Intrepid-class USS Voyager). But for the game stats themselves, we'll have to wait for the NG.
    OK, Doug, thanks for the clarification

Question ADB?!

Who's that?

I now what would clarify the confusion....................

*Spoilers*
    MARKETING!
    "Sir the Romulans have cloaked again!"

What about starbases/space stations?

The info in LUG's DS9 corebooks was ^tantalizing^

GURPS the reason I bought the horror RPGs Chill and Delta Green

How are the minitures coming along?

Glad to read about the DECIPHER Star Trek RPG website!