Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Decipher's RPG Net Rep

Decipher's RPG Net Rep

Hi, folks! Finally checking in as Decipher's RPG Net Rep. Not only have TPTB okayed my posting here, but have heartily encouraged it. So here I am...

I currently have access to a final proof of the Player's Guide and will soon have a final proof of the Narrator's Guide. Though I do currently have access to an early proof of the NG, some of it's information may change so my information in that regard may not be as complete as it will be at a later time.

If you guys have any questions about the game that can be answered without in essence copying the book itself into posts, feel free to post them here. I'll do my best to answer them as quickly and completely as possible.

Or, if you prefer a more private discussion, I can also be reached at either trekrpginfo@decipher.com or trekrpgquestions@decipher.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Good to hear from you, and welcome to the board

Could you tell us what the word is on the UK release dates please?

Cheers

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Thanks for taking the time to post here and answer questions, Doug. That says a lot about a company's integrity.

I'd like to see an overview of the character creation process. Do we still choose tours of duty? What attributes do characters have?
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Welcome Aboard, Admiral

Doug:
    Welcome to the boards. We all look forward to the game... some of us are bursting at the seams on this board for more information (i.e. release date for the Player's Guide) or other tidbits, so bear with them

Best regards,
    Charles
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    Could you tell us what the word is on the UK release dates please?
    I have received no word yet on a specific release date for the UK. However, I did some research on what kind of lag is usually expected, and found out there are a LOT of variables that are completely out of our hands. Things like shipping, customs, distribution problems, whether pre-orders have been made by distributors, retailers and customers. These things can delay the release by up to a month or more after the US Release.

The best weapon against this sort of delay is to head to your FLGS, pre-order the game, and have your friends do the same. With luck, you will help to shorten the delay.

Thanks for the quick reply Doug.

I'm guessing Amazon will have it ASAP on release. I'm thinking of ordering it online. Game shops aren't very prolific where I live.

Cheers

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Smile

Huzzah! Another official presence. Very, very encouraging.
    Peace...

Dan (OmegaOdd)
    www.omegaodd.com

Originally posted by Sarge
    That says a lot about a company's integrity.
    Well, now that we've got the information to give, we're more than happy to do so.

I'd like to see an overview of the character creation process. Do we still choose tours of duty?
    Okay. Basic overview is as follows:

1) Pick your Species (out of ten different choices rnaging from human to bajoran to betazoid and back).
    2) Choose your Profession (Starship Officer? Soldier? Merchant?)
    3) Determine your Attributes. (You can choose between Random and Pick Methods)
    4) Choose Development Packages for Personal and Professional stages of development. (These packages provide skills and the chance to obtain Edges (Advantages) and/or Flaws (Disadvantages)).
    5) Determine other characteristics. (How old are you? Figure out you rreactions (Quickness, etc.). Dteermine your Health and Courage.)
    6) If you wish to created a more experienced character, you would at this point add Advancement Picks as determined between yourself and the Narrator. (These work just as they would when spending experience and are covered in the Advancement chapter. No tour of duty packages, per se, but there is a generic "Department Head Advancement" package you can use.)

What attributes do characters have?
    The attributes are fairly self-explanatory, being Strength, Agility, Intellect, Vitality, Presence, Perception, and (for those who qualify) Psi.

Re: Welcome Aboard, Admiral

Originally posted by ImperialOne
    Welcome to the boards. We all look forward to the game... some of us are bursting at the seams on this board for more information (i.e. release date for the Player's Guide) or other tidbits, so bear with them
    Don't worry, Charles. I've been here on the boards since the LUG days myself, so I've been waiting along with the rest of you.

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    I'm guessing Amazon will have it ASAP on release. I'm thinking of ordering it online. Game shops aren't very prolific where I live.
    Sorry to hear that, but at least you'll still be able to get a copy online...

Talking HiZa! Welcome Buenos Dias

what kinds of chapters we looking at?

Player's Guide Chapters are

Thirty-Five Years of Star Trek
    Species
    Professions
    Attributes
    Development
    Skills
    Traits
    Characteristics
    Advancement
    Equipment
    Starships
    Adventuring
    The Galaxy
    The Federation
    Appendix

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Doug,

Let me add my hearty welcome aboard to you. As much as we've bashed poor Ross around, I'm sure he's glad to have another target for us to shoot at. <j/k>

One question I had was to the reasoning behind including the species you folks did in the PG (specifically, the two DQ races). Personally, I would have chosen a different path (i.e., Ocampa and Talaxians in the NG instead, allowing for two more "mainstream" races in the PG), but I'd like to hear some of the thought processes that went into that decision.

Also, I don't believe I've seen anything on what, if any, races will be included in the NG. Can you give us that sneak peak? And if so, who are they?

Thanks in advance.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Let me add my hearty welcome aboard to you. As much as we've bashed poor Ross around, I'm sure he's glad to have another target for us to shoot at. <j/k>
    I'm glad to provide another target, Davy.

One question I had was to the reasoning behind including the species you folks did in the PG (specifically, the two DQ races). Personally, I would have chosen a different path (i.e., Ocampa and Talaxians in the NG instead, allowing for two more "mainstream" races in the PG), but I'd like to hear some of the thought processes that went into that decision.
    While I was not involved in the decision-making myself, but as I understand it, TPTB had threir reasons. Namely that the ten races presented in the PG were selected because every major character in all four of the Trek series covered was a member of one of those races. Bajoran (Kira), Betazoid (Troi), Cardassian (Garak, Dukat), Ferengi (Quark, Rom, Nog), Human (lots of folks) , Klingon (Worf), Ocampa (Kes), Talaxian (Neelix), Trill (Dax), Vulcan (Spock, Tuvok).

Also, I don't believe I've seen anything on what, if any, races will be included in the NG. Can you give us that sneak peak? And if so, who are they?
    There are three new races presented in the NG. Romulans, Orions, and Andorians.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Namely that the ten races presented in the PG were selected because every major character in all four of the Trek series covered was a member of one of those races...

...There are three new races presented in the NG. Romulans, Orions, and Andorians.
    It makes a lot of sense when you put it that way. I suppose we so-called Trekkies should have seen the pattern...

And the NG races will definitely help tide people over until the "Big Book o' Races" is released.

One question posed by darkwingduck1 on another thread is worth asking here, I think:

Will there be guidelines in the NG for Narrators to create their own races (i.e., for the Tellarite engineer that a player wants to continue playing)?
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz