Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ross is Back

Ross is Back

Greetings fellow sapients,

I last left you some two weeks ago, as I prepared to wing my way across this great country of ours and land in DC. On that fateful morning of my flight, I tranquilized my cat, grabbed my bags, and hurried to the airport. When I arrived (after a five hour flight; when WILL they invent the transporter?), I found my girlfriend and my cat waiting for me. In short order, I took up an apartment in Dupont Circle (the last affordable efficiency in the city, I believe), arranged for utilities and phone, and began procuring furniture. Now, I am settled in and ready for your questions.

I have yet to see the updated information from Decipher's marketing department on the web, though I understand it's now up there. And I beileve we have only two to three more weeks until the book actually hits the shelves.

Please post to this thread with any discussion topics.

Yours,

Ross A. Isaacs

Welcome back

Glad to hear you're settling into you're new home.

Questions...... er.... damn, I wish I could think of one now

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Talking

Okay! I've gone and read the article on Decipher's website, and I must say that it is an accurate portrayal of what's between the covers and the order in which everything appears.

So, based on that description, if you have any questions fire away.

Before the questions begin to flood in, let me say... I'm glad your trip was safe and sound (for both you and feline) and I hope all settles well in your new digs.

Now, a question... I see that Decipher has established guidelines for fan promotion of their CCG lines (here) regarding fan websites and such. I was wondering if something similar will be established for the Star Trek RPG (knowing the licensing issues are great and many regarding this franchise juggernaut). Any ideas?
    Peace...
    Dan

Welcome back, Ross. I'm glad to hear your trip was safe and successful!

Thumbs up

Welcome back, Ross!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Indeed - welcome back! I know what moving's like - I just did it myself (a whole two miles), and I'm exhausted...

Just one question at this point:

You tranquilized your cat before departure, and yet the cat was waiting with your girlfriend for you in DC... How did the cat arrive ahead of you?

I'm intrigued - is it descended from Schroedinger's legendary moggie?

Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

ROSS!

Are you free this Sunday at 7 PM your time? We'll be making an online chat where Don has already confirmed presence.

If you're interested (and we'd be VERY interested in your presence ) please check the thread on the Star Trek Chat forum.

Thank you eitherway!
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

The Isaacs Cat

At Dulles, you have to get on a giant bus thing to get from one terminal to another. It's horribly inefficient, as when several planes land at the same time and a thousand people all want to get on one of those buses. So, by the time I waited patiently on line, then wised up and elbowed my way on, then got to the baggage claim area, my friend was waiting. The cat was already in the baggage claim office waiting her drugged-out ass for me. It was so closely timed that it was as though both were there at the same time.

Thus, the mystery is solved. My cat is not some kind of transdimensional beast. The Dulles Airport is just poorly designed. =)

Thank you all for your well wishes.

Welcome Back

I hope the cat is permanently scarred from the emotional trauma. Perhaps this is a good reason to call on the services of a Counselor?

Charles
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Re: Welcome Back

Originally posted by ImperialOne
    I hope the cat is permanently scarred from the emotional trauma.
    That's a rather brutal thing to say!

I guess he wanted to say the contrary. Oh, well... lapsus typo?

Welcome to DC, Ross, from a neighbor. (Sort of. I work just up the street from you at USNO.)

Talking Welcome Bacccck Welcome Baaack

I saw the COVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will there be any info in the books on running time travel or holo adventures?

April 24th

That IS April

When will I be able to order the books in the Decipher Store?

Cool Re: Welcome Bacccck Welcome Baaack

Looks like school is now out for the day.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride