Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coda covers and street date online

Hmmm ... The way Enterprise's ratings are lately, Decipher might decide to wait until the series ends for a supplement, and they only have to wait a couple of years ...
    Voka a Bentel
    (May you walk with the Prophets),

Lt. Jabara Eris
    DS18 Station Counselor, Prylar and All-Around Groovy Guy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... Let us never forget Bajor's sacrifices under the Cardassian Occupation ...
    ... http://remember-forever.tripod.com ...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hear the LA office got actual copies of the book Fed Exed to them today. I hear they look really sweet. I hear I'm getting mine FedExed to me soon. I hear the sounds of groaning from the fans. =)

Seriously, I knew Decipher would wait until things were well along the path to the books being printed before starting the information flow. Finished books are beginning to roll off the presses, and information is more available.

Originally posted by RIsaacs
    I hear I'm getting mine FedExed to me soon. I hear the sounds of groaning from the fans. =)
    Coolness. I'll keep on the lookout as well.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Question for the Decipher guys:

My friend David Henderson (who some may know for running the Psi Phi website) is updating his Star Trek books database (keep in mind, this keeps track of most books Trek nowadays, including RPG stuff). I was trying to get the names of whom from the Decipher staff is credited with authorship of the Players Guide. Can I get a list of who all has their name on the PG? Thanks.

By the way, for the page with the Decipher Trek RPG stuff, check out http://www.psiphi.org/cgi/upc-db/res...t=RPG&start=20

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

::i aM sO eXcItEd aBoUt ThIs I aM fOrGeTtInG tO tYpE tHe RiGhT wAy! I aM gOiNg InTo A sTaTe Of MeNtAl HyStErIa!

STRANGE ALIEN LIFEFORM DETECTED, CAPTAIN! IT APPEARS TO FEED OFF THE RADIOACTIVE ENERGY OF DECIPHER PRESS RELEASES!

Okay, back to my normal state of insanity

The covers are interesting. I love how the Narrators Guide gets the bad guys! (I hope players don't get the wrong impression, though. We Narrators are only about 3/4 as evil as we're cracked up to be.) Only problem is that my local game store usually doesn't get anything I actually would be interested in buying until about a month after the official release date...
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Originally posted by erhershman

We Narrators are only about 3/4 as evil as we're cracked up to be.
    Speak for yourself..... I'll have you know I'm twice as evil as I'm cracked up to be

Damn, those books look nice. Soon they will be mine. Oh yes.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I am evil incartante just ask any of my players, I love the dream session even as the first session. I pulled at one in a one-one and everything that could go did go wrong and more. I even put the ship in the middle of the romulan empire by one of their main shipyards, with a powerless M/ARA. That was fun just to watch her when I say 'You wake and realise you that final command exam this morning.'

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    Speak for yourself..... I'll have you know I'm twice as evil as I'm cracked up to be
    Me? I'm just cracked...

ehershman - put in an advance order with your FLGS! That way, you know they'll be there!

Which I still heartily recommend to anyone who wants the books asap!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Originally posted by K'iirk
    I am evil incartante just ask any of my players, I love the dream session even as the first session. I pulled at one in a one-one and everything that could go did go wrong and more. I even put the ship in the middle of the romulan empire by one of their main shipyards, with a powerless M/ARA. That was fun just to watch her when I say 'You wake and realise you that final command exam this morning.'

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bah! you can't be Evil Incarnate!, You don't even have the laugh down right! It's BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!

Karg

Evil Gamemaster
    Dark Lord of the Sith
    Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed

Originally posted by Karg

Bah! you can't be Evil Incarnate!, You don't even have the laugh down right! It's BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!
    Karg has a very good point there. You need to practice the laugh more

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

You also have to show your superiority in the evil laugh. Hard to explain in text, just something one learns from years of experience in being an evil narrator.

A pity that players tend to avoid evil narrators...
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Originally posted by Dan Stack

A pity that players tend to avoid evil narrators...
    I keep mine chained in the dungeon. There is no escape. BWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Another technique you must use

You also have to master the art of looking totally deadpan at your players and saying in a freakily foreboding tone of voice, "Are you sure you want to do that?"
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Cool

I was correct. My copy of the Star Trek RPG Player's Guide was FedExed to me today. I have a copy in all its glorious full color goodness in my hands. =)

The book exists, and it should be on shelves within the next two weeks (maybe even shorter).

Doing the tipping scales thing.

Happy. Jealous. Happy. Jealous. Happy. Jealous. Happy.

word,
    will