Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well...finally saw "Endgame" tonight (spoilers)

'What you leave behind' was kind of disjointed IMHO. First there was the resolution to the War, which was fairly predictable, although the stuff on Cardassia with Kira etc was good. Then there was the Sisko/Dukat/Pah'wraiths bit which was kind of abrubt given the huge build up. And then the flash-backs etc, which was kind of nice (except for leaving out Jadzia).

If there had been a little more tension in the war story and spent a little more time on the Pah'wraith plot, it could have been great IMHO.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

And let's not forget the unforgivable (IMHO) use of stock footage in the battle scenes. That was pretty weak.

And I still dislike seeing Sisko, the family man, abandon his family like that. It was so contrary to what Sisko stood for. His family was probably the thing he held most dear.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Let's face it, What You Leave Behind wasn't a heck of a lot better (but it did have that beautiful final scene, unlike Voyager).
    But as annoying as it was, you at least got a sense of closure with the characters.

Even a return to a 30-year reunion with all of the characters would have a better ending...

Now, I propose an alternate question. Given only "Endgame" as it appeared on screen, give me your take on the main characters' fates:

Janeway -- Starfleet promotes her to rear admiral, and dumps her in the deepest corner of Starfleet command. I believe they would be understandably worried that she would too easily give into the temptations that her alternate-future self did and tamper with the timeline. End result, promote her, then keep her away from the toys...

Chakotay -- I think that he is formally brought up on charges of being a Maquis terrorist, so that Starfleet can immediately drop the charges in light of his contributions to the Voyager. He and Seven eventually get married and he becomes a house husband.

Paris -- Tom reconciles with his father, leaves Starfleet and embarks on a string of moderately-successful business ventures.

Tuvok -- I see Tuvok receiving serious commendations for his undercover work prior to the series (as well as on Voyager) and is promoted to Commander before immediately transferring his commission to VDF security and returning home.

Torres -- Like Chakotay, she's officially charged, then released as the charges are dropped. She's the only reason Tom's ventures are even moderately-successful.

Kim -- Immediately promoted to lieutenant and becomes chief operations officer of a smaller ship, eventually going on to a long, if unspectacular, career and commanding a ship of his own.

Doctor -- He "leaves" Starfleet and thrives on his newfound celebrity. He finally chooses a name..."Dr. Louis Zimmerman II" ...and follows various pursuits as he practices medicine on the side and helps with research on unlocking the secrets of his mobile emitter.

Seven -- Seven is debriefed, poked and prodded until Starfleet gets all of the information they can out of her about the Borg. She becomes a researcher for a private firm, happy to live a long and boring life with her husband and family.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Sea Tyger --

What's scary is that all of your predictions ... actually make a lot of sense! I could actually believe that everybody turned out the way you say they did!

Bravo!
    Voka a Bentel
    (May you walk with the Prophets),

Lt. Jabara Eris
    DS18 Station Counselor, Prylar and All-Around Groovy Guy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... Let us never forget Bajor's sacrifices under the Cardassian Occupation ...
    ... http://remember-forever.tripod.com ...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JANEWAY - Sent to Rura Penthe for gross violation of just about every rule in the book (I don't care if Rura Penthe is a Klingon prison, Starfleet ones are to nicey-nice for Janeway).

B'ELLANNA TORRES PARIS - Cleared of all crimes commited while with the Maquis. Retires to a quiet home life with...

THOMAS EUGENE PARIS - Who gets a job flying shuttles on Earth so that he can be near his wife and...

MIRA PARIS - Grows up joins Starfleet as a Engineer.

LIEUTENANT COMMANDER HARRY KIM - Finally given the promotion he deserves (after seven years of being jipped by Janeway).

THE DOCTOR - Becomes head of Starfleet Medical and a famous opera singer.

SEVEN OF NINE - Is debriefed by Starfleet and given the position of Science Officer on the refitted USS Voyager together with her husband...

CAPTAIN CHAKOTAY - Who is absolved of all crimes committed while he was with the Maquis and given command of the Voyager. His command staff includes Harry Kim as Tactical Officer and Mira Paris as one of the engineering crew.

All in all a happy ending for most of the crew and Janeway gets sent to Rura Penthe which is a happy ending for all Star Trek fans.
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom, Earth, Sector 001
    So Silverthorn, you want Chakotay to wait 22 years or so to become a captain whilst Mira Paris grows up and goes through the Academy?
    -------------------------
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

"In time of war, the law falls silent"

Admiral Ross to Dr Bashir