View Poll Results: What is your favorite Starfleet uniform?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Enterprise" blue spacesuits

4 6.35%
  • TOS "The Cage" pilot

2 3.17%
  • TOS standard uniforms

2 3.17%
  • ST:TMP grey uniforms

0 0%
  • ST II-VII red uniforms

27 42.86%
  • TNG seasons 1-2 sexy spendex

1 1.59%
  • TNG seasons 3-7 standard

4 6.35%
  • DS9 seasons 1-5/Voyager uniforms

4 6.35%
  • ST VIII-X/DS9 seasons 5-7 unifroms

17 26.98%
  • alternate future/universe, etc.

2 3.17%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll : fav Starfleet uniforms

Poll : fav Starfleet uniforms

Last edited by Doktor Evil; 04-12-2002 at 12:39 PM.
    "Oh better far to live and die
    Under the brave black flag I fly,
    Than play a sanctimonious part
    With a pirate head and a pirate heart!"

I've voted for the First Contact/late DS9 uniforms, with the red movie-era tunics being a very close second.
    "Oh better far to live and die
    Under the brave black flag I fly,
    Than play a sanctimonious part
    With a pirate head and a pirate heart!"

The red jackets from the movies. They had a particularly 19th C British army look to them -- they were very sharp and military-looking. I liked the commando sweater versions from V (the only really good thing about the flick).

The white mess dress from Insurrection was pretty sharp, too; once again, reminded me of the 19th C India Army mess dress (just in white.)
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

This was a tough one to answer. I really like the late DS9 uniforms (those grey tops are sweet), and I love the maroon uniforms from the TOS movies...but... the original DS9/Voyager uniform is my favorite, if only because it's the only one that looks good with the sleeves rolled up (a la O'Brien). There's something to be said for a uniform that also looks comfortable.

That being said, the ENT uniforms are really nice too. Reminds me of the jumpsuits our NASA shuttle astronauts wear. Keen.

First Contact are the best

would have been coool to have the piping down the pants though

I came up with the uniform for Enterprise when I watched All Good Things

Arrow

After all this time, I still prefer the blood-red uniform in The Film Series II-VI.

Sorry, I tried to look at the new one but ... it just does not fit my image of Starfleet.

It would definitely fit my image of the mirror universe Starfleet (the antithesis dark version) had it not been brought down and conquered by the Alliance.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

TOS.

Jadzia Dax in miniskirt.

I don't believe I need to say anything else.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Arrow TNG seasons 3-7 standard

TNG seasons 3-7 standard
    These are the Uniforms of my Next Generation Heroes. They got that "positive look". The FC/DS9 Uniforms were too grey and dark. The TNG uniforms show the spirit of Star Trek best.

"United they stand"

I like the ENTERPRISE uniforms.
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

Early DS9 - Voyager. They are the more comfortable-looking IMHO. And I like the color differentiation thing (one reason why I don't like the FC uniforms nor the TOS movies red ones).
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Chello!

The original series. Maybe it's just because it was the Trek I grew up with. Why?

Not exact quotes:

Dax: "Ooo..I love this era. The classic chrome and black."

Scotty: "Computer, bridge of the USS Enterprise, NCC-1701. No A, no B, no C, no bloody D."

Although I will admit that that the red maroon and STNG movie uniforms run a close 2 and 3. The STNG series, the STTMP uniforms all look alike (IMHO)--terrible!
    Anthony N. Emmel, M.A.
    Learned Scholar & Catholic Gentleman

U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760
    "England expects that every man will do his duty."

Season 3-7 TNG uniform. With the First Contact (season 5-7 DS9) utility uniform a clsoe second. With honourable mention to the Captain's jacket Patrick Stewart occasionally wore in seasons 5 onwards on TNG.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

My favorites, in order:[list=1][*]ST II-VI maroons. Those should be brought back...they look really sharp...my all time ideal uniform. The only change I would make would be to change the color to navy blue or shoulderpad gray.[*]ENTERPRISE...an ideal work/on-duty uniform for engineers, maintainence personnel etc.[*]TNG seasons 3-7. A uniform that looks both comfortable and dressy.[/list=1]

BTW as a related topic, what do you think of the current color scheme for departments, people? OK as is or needing changes? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing SecTac getting its own color myself.
    The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Tough question, split between the ST:WOK Reds and the ST:FC Grays. If we could see some of the field exsesories (i.e. Field Jacket) for the new uniforms I think I'd go with them, depending.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"