Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FASA Trek?

Question FASA Trek?

Chello!

Just wondering if anyone knew of any good FASA Trek sites or boards out there.

Thanks,

Tony
    Anthony N. Emmel, M.A.
    Learned Scholar & Catholic Gentleman

U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760
    "England expects that every man will do his duty."

Well you could start off here http://www.geocities.com/david_a_sch.../fasapage.html

Good info on the old FASA game, and some links.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Talking FASAtrek site traffic

Hey, thanks for the kind reference.

I hope you guys like the FASAtrek site. Be aware- it's a free Geocities site, which means it has a limited amount of data transfer (3 gigabytes per month- measured on an hourly basis). In other words, there is a limit to which the website can be accessed. A simple html or text-only site can be accessed a ton, but a site like mine- with lots of graphics and file downloads- can get accessed only a few times before the alloted bandwidth is eaten up. According to Geocities, FASATrek receives a large amount of traffic and uses more than the allotted amount of data transfer bandwidth. As a result, the FASATrek page is frequently turned off to keep the bandwidth within the limit. It hurts, but its a good kind of hurt.

If you want to see all the hot, steaming FASATrek goodness but you get a 'site not found' message- don't worry! The site is STILL THERE. It just means that everyone is trying to look at it within the same day.

I don't have the resources at the moment to pay for a website, so please be patient. I'm hoping to get a better site maybe later this year.

No worries, it's a great site for FASA info.

BTW, I think I might have a couple of items you don't have cover images up for, but I can't remember which ones. I' d be happy to do scans for you if you wanted 'em.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Thumbs up

I really enjoy this site ( http://www.geocities.com/graylingnator/ ). It has quite a lot of new fan produce material for the FASA game. There is also a very active yahoo groop associated with the site and its web ring companions.

Paul-

Tactical Combat site is a great one! The guys that run it are pretty cool too.

Capt. Daniel-

Thanks for the offer. The closer I get to deciding what my options are I may take you up on it

Hey no worries Dave

Thanks to eBay, I've managed to fill nearly all the gaps in my FASA Trek collection

Cost me a darn fortune though

Just won a copy of Trader Captains and Merchant Princes tonight. Of course, the bidder only ships tothe US, so I got him to ship to my friend in Oregon, who will then forward it to me.

But hey, soon I shall have those Trade rules for my soon-to-be launched TOS/TMP Triangle campaign using CODATrek

Even the Romulan War sourcebook, Daniel?

Dave,
    love the counters thats one part from the game I don't have as while as the deck plans. It would be really great to have some of the counters for TNG era games as while, much like Gurps does for Traveller.

Originally posted by Eric R.
    Even the Romulan War sourcebook, Daniel?
    If you mean the one that comes with the Old Soldiers adventure module, I don't own a copy, but I do have one on loan. It's sitting beside my PC as I type this

I managed to pick up atleast one edition of each game, modual, and mini. It only took about 12 years of digging through used book and game stores, as well as spending way too much on ebay (particularly for minis).

Anyone collect or play any of the other FASA stuff like Renegade Legion?

Originally posted by Paul_W
    I managed to pick up atleast one edition of each game, modual, and mini. It only took about 12 years of digging through used book and game stores, as well as spending way too much on ebay (particularly for minis).

I'm a long time Battletech player and I own a good bit of FASA Trek as well.

...speaking of which....

I just bought 2 FASA books today : the Klingon and Romulan ship recognition manuals. These are among the most sought-after FASA books. Hehe...
    "Oh better far to live and die
    Under the brave black flag I fly,
    Than play a sanctimonious part
    With a pirate head and a pirate heart!"

Yea, the Ship Recognition Manuals are what got me hooked. They were the first books I picked up way back in the 80's. Then, I just had to have the various race source books.

Is there a such a thing as a FASA anonymous meeting?

Fasa anonymous?? Why anonymous? What's to be ashamed of? FASA was, and still is, a great gaming system. I'm sure lots of people still use it. Hey, it's a perfectly good gaming system, a great way to introduce people to Trek RPGs, IMHO.

No FASA anonymous groups that I know of. Here's another link you might enjoy; it pertains to the FASA Star Trek Starship Combat game

http://www.sub-odeon.com/stsstcsmua/stsstcsmua.html

Enjoy.

-Maltese_Falcon

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by Paul_W
    I picked up a copy of Behind Enemy Lines, an ancient RPG/squad-level wargame set in WWII. Excellent beer and pretzels game, although you'll definitely need to make 4 or 5 characters each just to be sure you make it to the end of the scenario... Combat is extremely lethal in that game. Makes 3rd Ed. Boot Hill seem tame by comparison.

I've always wanted to take that game and make a Dirty Dozen group (elite characters) and run them through a short behind the German lines campaign in, say early '44.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz