Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canon changes in your game

I don't plan on making any major changes to the canon, other than establishing two new ships for the two different campaigns I want to run.

In the NX-era game I am planning to run, my crew will be an all-human crew assigned to the NX-class U.S.S. Republic. (maybe NX-03 or NX-04, haven't decided yet).

In my 24th century game, the crew is on a Sovereign class U.S.S. Republic, NCC-13724. It is commanded by Captain Daniel Murphy, who is actually from a pocket-universe 23rd century created by Q (although he was originally from the baseline universe. What he REALLY is is my friend Ray's old FASA character converted first to Icon and now to Decipher. The alternate universe thing was designed to allow him to keep his history intact.). His crew consists of the surviving members of his 23rd century crew filled in with 24th century crew, including his First Officer.

The name "Republic" has been used from my earliest Star Trek RPGing days and I like it

Allen

If I ever get something off the ground, I won't be messing with canon so much as the players. My idea is to run a campaign set early in the NG era, about contemporary with the launch of the Enterprise (uncomfortable uniforms and all).

The premise involves an Admiral with an axe to grind regarding the legendary James T. Kirk and his exploits who assigns the PC's ship the task of re-visiting the worlds Kirk's Enterprise encountered on its original five year mission, in order to verify his reports and provide situational updates. As such, I'll play with canon in regards to some things not being quite what the players remember from the original series, while other things would be a straight-up tribute to the old girl.

Theron Bretz
    Houston, TX
    Last edited by Theron; 05-01-2002 at 08:10 PM.
    'That may be the case, Commander, but here's the truth of it: My great-grandfather was in Starfleet back in Kirk's time. And the fact was that Kirk had some very staunch supporters. That served him well, because he also had any number of people whom he angered with his constant glory-hounding and disregard for regulations. And it was widely believed in Starfleet that, every so often, he would file utterly preposterous reports, just to tweak those individuals whom he knew didn't like his style and his way of doing things. Such as the incident with the giant killer amoeba. And that totally ridiculous alleged occasion in which his fist officer's brain was stolen. I mean, come on people. Clearly, these things could not have happened. Every time you heard uncontrolled laughter ringing up and down the hallways of Starfleet Command, you could tell that Kirk had filed another one of his whoppers." - Admiral Edward Jellico

Originally posted by Theron
    If I ever get something off the ground, I won't be messing with canon so much as the players. My idea is to run a campaign set early in the NG era, about contemporary with the launch of the Enterprise (uncomfortable uniforms and all).

The premise involves an Admiral with an axe to grind regarding the legendary James T. Kirk and his exploits who assigns the PC's ship the task of re-visiting the worlds Kirk's Enterprise encountered on its original five year mission, in order to verify his reports and provide situational updates. As such, I'll play with canon in regards to some things not being quite what the players remember from the original series, while other things would be a straight-up tribute to the old girl.

Theron Bretz
    Houston, TX
    Theron, this is a wonderful idea! I would be very interested, if you ever do this, of hearing how it goes

Allen