Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PG Availability

Cool

Little Wars of Baton Rouge, Louisiana reports that they will receive the PG this Friday (26th) from Alliance. As of today (23rd) Alliance had not received their shipment. Little Wars used to get their stuff from Zocchi Distributers and then from Wargames West. Oh well...
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Warehouse 23

Originally posted by Fesarius
    Warehouse23, my usual online source, doesn't have the book listed. I have emailed them to see if they will carry it, but have not heard. As a matter of policy, they don't carry certain lines (most WOTC stuff, for example).
    An update: Warehouse 23 has emailed me to say that they've ordered the book, and expect to have it in a week to a week and a half.

In Possession of Player Guide

A large gaming store in the Twin Cities received 8 Player Guides today at 1300 CST (two were preordered for customers)... I got the last one at 1530 today (all sold out).

Nice production values... the paper could be sturdier, but it doesn't stick under high humidity as the LUG books.

Charles
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

I thought that the street date was th 26th? How are some of you getting it already?
    Deo Vindice!

Release date is the 24th... in the Twin Cities, one of the larger stores is also distributor.

Charles

Question ::sigh::

does anyone have the ISBN of the player's guide? I've been trying to find it thru Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and my Local Gaming Store... none of then has a clue...
    I don't care if you're a scientist or the captain of a garbage scow assigned to Ruh'ra Pente- you don't wait until your shields are mostly gone to start shooting back. If your enemy has already started hurling subatomic death at you, descression has ceased to be the better part of valor!

the ISBN Code is: 1 58236 900 3

Pathstrider

Leisure Games are the guys you want to contact. Find them
    at this URL...

http://www.leisuregames.co.uk/

Their speed of service is usually second to none.

Hope this helps

Long Tom

Originally posted by pathstrider
    Can I just ask where the UK people are getting their copy from? Here in Newcastle we're only got Forbidden Planet and (As per usual) they havn't a clue when they'l get it in.

Ta.
    Playin' Games in London (http://www.playingames.co.uk) - Jaymina reckons it'll be in today. I should be picking it up tomorrow afternoon

Leisure Games (as suggested by Long Tom) is a good place to try as is Esdevium, who are usually the main importers these days, so their mail order division should have it sooner than anyone else!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Originally posted by pathstrider
    Can I just ask where the UK people are getting their copy from? Here in Newcastle we're only got Forbidden Planet and (As per usual) they havn't a clue when they'l get it in.

Ta.
    As the others said, http://www.leisuregames.com/ is the place.

I just phoned them, and while they don't have it in stock yet, they expect to get it today, and they are taking orders and payment now

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Originally posted by Imagus

Playin' Games in London (http://www.playingames.co.uk) - Jaymina reckons it'll be in today. I should be picking it up tomorrow afternoon

Leisure Games (as suggested by Long Tom) is a good place to try as is Esdevium, who are usually the main importers these days, so their mail order division should have it sooner than anyone else!
    Is Esdevium still up and running? Is there a web-site?

I have swung paste the old shop location in Aldershot a couple of times in the last year and it is now called the Games Shop, and seems to have little connection to that fine institution of my youth...

That said, I ordered mine online at the OrcsNest in London... Usually for next day delivery... So Tomorrow is going to be a fine day.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

OrcsNest has it, yes ... and charges 5 £ for shipping! Holy Cow!
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Originally posted by Dan Gurden
    Is Esdevium still up and running? Is there a web-site?

I have swung paste the old shop location in Aldershot a couple of times in the last year and it is now called the Games Shop, and seems to have little connection to that fine institution of my youth...
    I believe so... I think they sort of split into two divisions.

Esdevium proper is the biggest RPG distributor in the country (and their website claims the second largest in the world - presumably after Alliance). They're based in Alton now - I know them well, my company sells stuff to them every now and again, and I do the shipments If I've got it right, the Games Shop is their retail arm, run as a separate company - but I think you go direct for mail order.

The original Esdevium was where I bought my first rpg, oh so many years ago (I lived in Farnborough in the mid-eighties)...

Got confirmation, my PG is reserved at Playin' Games. I've had a bad day, so I think a little retail therapy is in order tonight
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

The Decipher web store now has it online as well.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    The Decipher web store now has it online as well.
    As of midnight, in fact (when I ordered mine).