Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PG Availability

Does anyone know a site that will ship the book overnight in the states. I live in nebraska and unless it has "d20" symbol on it no one around here will order it. I have been scouring the net but I can't come across anywhere that either has it or knows what I'm talking about. I'd order it from Decipher direct but I have had multiple delays trying to order anything from them in the past and would just as soon try to order from an alternate source. Any suggestion anyone has would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    7shadows

I don't know if I did something wrong, but a couple of hours ago I broke down (I can't wait for the LE) and tried to order the PG from Decipher. However, after clicking the submit button and waiting ten minutes for the confirmation page to load, I got one of those friendly (read: evil) URL errors and as of two hours later, still have not received a confirmation e-mail. At this point, I'm thinking the order did not go through... but I don't want to order the book twice.

Don't you all love the Internet sometimes?

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by Caretaker
    Don't you all love the Internet sometimes?
    I say that at least once per day, when I can't access Yahoo Groups or Smartgroups.

Talking Happy now...

I just picked mine up a couple of hours ago...

On initial flick, it is very nice. Layout and colour is good, information presentation makes sense. And I love the timeline!

Paper looks a little flimsy, and I found the some of the character creation stuff confusing, but those are my only complaints so far. And I'm probably confusing myself by not reading in order (per Cdr Powers thread on this)

All in all, worth the wait, now I just need the NG

And I have to say I love some of the writing: "... there is the offchance a race of beautiful alien women in thigh boots will steal your brain. This can't be helped."

Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

I went and collected mine from the local DHL depot today. And it cost me nothing!

Thanks Don. Thanks Decipher.

Looks pretty good to me. The cover is spiffy. The layout is gorgeous. I can't wait to get stuck into the text and learn about elite professions, second tier abilities and the like.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    The Decipher web store now has it online as well.
    Can anyone tell me how fast Decipher ships orders?

From Decipher's order checkout page:

* International buyers: Be aware that your local government may impose customs fes, duties, VAT (Value Added Taxes), and/or other charges once your shipment reaches your country, and these charges (if any) must be borne by you. We cannot control or predict the amount of the charges. Because Customs policies vary widely from country to country, we highly recommend that you contact your local customs office for further information. We are required by law to declare an accurate monetary value on all non-U.S. shipments. Sorry, but we are unable to honor any requests to suppress the value of an order on the customs documentation.

**IMPORTANT NOTE** Until further notice shipping may be delayed up to 5 business days in addition to the normal processing time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I believe the regular delivery time is 2-3 days. However, adding the 5 days for US domestic deliveries, it would be a 7-8 day span. As for international deliveries, I have no idea.

Re: Happy now...

Originally posted by Imagus
    I just picked mine up a couple of hours ago...

On initial flick, it is very nice. Layout and colour is good, information presentation makes sense. And I love the timeline!

Paper looks a little flimsy, and I found the some of the character creation stuff confusing, but those are my only complaints so far. And I'm probably confusing myself by not reading in order (per Cdr Powers thread on this)

All in all, worth the wait, now I just need the NG

And I have to say I love some of the writing: "... there is the offchance a race of beautiful alien women in thigh boots will steal your brain. This can't be helped."

I wrote that! That was me! Woo-hoo!

It's nice to see some stuff I've written actually see the light of day. It's nice having your book go for 200 bucks on eBay, but I much prefer people actually getting a chance to read what I write.

I did the Timeline chapter too. It's the one toward the end, not the 30 Years Of ST chapter at the beginning.
    Game On!

Re: Re: Happy now...

Originally posted by mattcolville
    I did the Timeline chapter too. It's the one toward the end, not the 30 Years Of ST chapter at the beginning.
    And a very nice job you did of it too... It was the first one I read
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Oh my oh my oh my oh my!!!

The PG is listed as the new arrivals on the website of my usual RPG store in Paris (okay it's listed as "Star Treck player guide", but I guess it's the same game we're talking about ).
    Now all I need is the time to jump there... not easy when my workday usually ends one hour after the store's closing hour
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

All right. Names!
    /me points his phaser at C5. Which store is it, C5?

Subsidiary question: How much is that game, in the window ... (for those who got the quote, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I didn't mean it !). Joke aside, that'd be really interesting to see how much the price inflates when crossing the border.
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

A quick update on Leisure Games, for those in the UK. I ordered my PG over the phone from them yesterday morning (they weren't in stock at the time) and it was sitting waiting for me when I got home today.

I haven't had much of a chance to read through it properly yet, but so far I like what I have read. And as for the character sheets, er, well actually, I kind of like them. Though I don't doubt they'd be a b***h to photocopy.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Gamer's Attic has the PG for about $20 right now.

http://www.gamersattic.com/
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Originally posted by Calcoran
    All right. Names!
    /me points his phaser at C5. Which store is it, C5?

Subsidiary question: How much is that game, in the window ... (for those who got the quote, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I didn't mean it !). Joke aside, that'd be really interesting to see how much the price inflates when crossing the border.
    Now, put down this weapon Calcoran, I'm sure there's a diplomatic solution...

The store is Jeux Descartes, and the info is specifically here. As you can see, there's no price (maybe they give it on the phone).
    I'll try to hop to one of these stores tomorrow or Saturday. I'll let you know if I'm successful
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Talking

Hastur Hobbies (The Store That Shall Not Be Named) has a whole bunch of copies in today! They do mail-orders.

877-427-8877
    801-352-2605

As an added incentive, if you call and ask Roland to have me sign it, I'll come down and do so.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride