Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PG Availability

Thumbs up PG Availability

I talked with the manager of one of the two large FLGS in the Twin Cities today... he talked to his supplier (Aladdin) this afternoon and was informed the PG will arrive in his store on Wednesday, the 24th. The other store uses its own system, but they are always on top of things.
    I don't know if the WOTC store here in town (at the Mall of America) will carry the game.

Just an FYI.
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Question

Any idea how much? This is one little bit that still seems to be "up in the air." I've heard/seen nothing official on price.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Hiya,

Anyone have an ISBN for the PG yet?

(need another acronym?)

Cheers,

Bonzai Gopher
    Jinkies. Jinkies? Isn't that some kind of breakfast cereal? - Johnny Bravo

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!

Price

Found this at the Diamond Comics

Shipping list extract....

SEP013285 STAR TREK RPG PLAYERS GUIDE $29.95

FYI

Talking

I've been leafing through our copy tonight and there is no price printed on the book, but I've heard that 29.95 is supposed to be it. Our LGS should have the PG by Wednsday.

BTW, I'm totally impressed with the PG (even with the crossbow typo...)
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Unhappy

Another BTW- The character sheets are beautiful, but they're two-sided and in full color (on black backgrounds). It cost me $5.62 to make two copies out of the book at Kinko's. May I assume that the character sheets that will be provided later will be a little easier to copy? And will trekrpg.net provide access to pdf versions anytime soon?

Well, I found the PG listed at the Alliance Games web site for $29.95. In fact, the Narrator's Guide is listed too. The only problems: the PG is still listed as "to be announced" and Alliance is a distributor, not a merchant (as far as I know anyway).

I DO know of one online dealer, www.thewarstore.net, who will order product from Alliance for you and gives a 20% discount. I haven't emailed them about it, so I don't know if they can get it yet. I'm waiting to see if my LGS manages to get it in first.

I have dealt with Neal (at thewarstore) on one occasions in the past, and was very happy with his service.

Hope this helps...

Angry

Originally posted by Cmdr Powers
    Another BTW- The character sheets are beautiful, but they're two-sided and in full color (on black backgrounds). It cost me $5.62 to make two copies out of the book at Kinko's. May I assume that the character sheets that will be provided later will be a little easier to copy? And will trekrpg.net provide access to pdf versions anytime soon?
    Aargh!

And I remember explaining at great length at the demo at GenCon last year how they needed to be easy to photcopy

It was one of the more irritating elements of the LUG game...
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Just out of interest, I found a games company in the UK who expect to have it in stock tomorrow, at a retail price of £19.99. YAY!

I was dead pleased

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

WOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!

Yep...

£19.99 in the UK..should have my copy Thursday evening.

Cannot wait....!!!!!

Long Tom

I'll be phoning in my porder first thing in the morning. I'm on a late shift tomorrow, so I'll have the time to do it. YAY!!

So I guess I should have it by Friday. How cool is that

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Exclamation

Originally posted by Cmdr Powers
    I certainly hope so. (Patrick Murphy, where are you?)

IMO, with all respect to George at Decipher, the character sheets in the PG are "lacking." Their color is totally unsuitable for photocopying, the color scheme is questionable, and the spots for skills and specialties are far too small to be useful.

In short we need some decent character sheets quickly. (Sadly, I've been too busy to give it a shot.)

So, once again I intone: Patrick Murphy, save us!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Can I just ask where the UK people are getting their copy from? Here in Newcastle we're only got Forbidden Planet and (As per usual) they havn't a clue when they'l get it in.

Ta.
    'Wish I could Help you....Wish I could tell you,
    That I am real, I'm not something you invented,
    That I'm not everything you want me to be.'

'And I am...Ageless. And I am....Invincible.'

Talon Comics - online

I emailed Derek, at Talon Comics. He assured me he'll have the Player's Guide later this week, and even provided the URL for the page it will be on, although this page doesn't appear to exist at the moment.

I haven't ordered from him, but I've read recommendations from others who have, and on that basis, was going to order the book from him. (I must purchase most gaming items online, since the nearest game stores are quite a distance away. And one of them hasn't got a clue what will be in or when).

The "Add to Cart" buttons don't seem to work for me. He does say he's working on the web site; these may be a feature that doesn't work yet. However, you can email him an order, and he will email back the shipping charge. He takes Paypal and credit cards that I know of.

Warehouse23, my usual online source, doesn't have the book listed. I have emailed them to see if they will carry it, but have not heard. As a matter of policy, they don't carry certain lines (most WOTC stuff, for example).

WOTC Stores: WOTC stores have a very poor selection of products that aren't d20, under the best of circumstances. Add to that this: Ryan Dancey has publicly stated that he feels Paramount "screwed" Wizards by moving the Star Trek license. He didn't provide any details, so it's hard to know exactly what happened that offended him. But if others in Wizards feel the same way, they may elect not to carry Decipher products as a matter of corporate policy.

Talking

Originally posted by Don Mappin

IMO, with all respect to George at Decipher, the character sheets in the PG are "lacking." Their color is totally unsuitable for photocopying, the color scheme is questionable, and the spots for skills and specialties are far too small to be useful.

Well, you just have to write really, really small...

I spent a good part of my sleep time last night trying to recreate my LUG character with the new PG. Be careful- its really easy to skip important stuff in character creation. I've decided that the Coda system is better, but it is different enough that you had better read the book thoroughly first. Don't assume that you know what you're doing just because you already know LUGTrek!