Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Guide Errata & Typos

I can't seem to find the amount of damage done in an unarmed attack. Am I just missing it or is that a boo-boo? I looked in the skills, appendix, and weapons charts.

Administration

Administration (especially the Starship version) is a major prereq for the Command Officer elite profession as well as many others.

It isn't on the skill list and there is no description of it in the skills section.

Allen

Re: Administration

Originally posted by AllenS
    Administration (especially the Starship version) is a major prereq for the Command Officer elite profession as well as many others.

It isn't on the skill list and there is no description of it in the skills section.

Allen
    I have been corrected on this; it is under "enterprise" skills on page 113. sorry for the confusion there.

Allen

Originally posted by Dan Stack
    I can't seem to find the amount of damage done in an unarmed attack. Am I just missing it or is that a boo-boo? I looked in the skills, appendix, and weapons charts.
    Page 250! Also added to the official list!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Lightbulb

Hopefully the typos/errata will be few... the only real glaring omission thus far seems to be the unarmed combat damage.

What are the chances that these corrections can be made in time for the LE version (is it really done already)?

Does anyone at Decipher dare to venture a guess as to when a second printing may be done/anticipated?

I think it is really superb that this board was right on top of things, it appears to be the source for breaking news & information
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Question

Originally posted by ImperialOne
    Hopefully the typos/errata will be few... the only real glaring omission thus far seems to be the unarmed combat damage.
    What omission? It's on page 250. It's there!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

I think I've spotted a typo. Page102, table 6.5. The modifiers for memory loss make it easier to perform acadamic skills.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

I know, my bad. I just kept looking for it and didn't see it. I think the evil Dan Moppin actually used a traverse phase inducer to release nanites to alter the molecular structure of all books to bring that text in from a subspace atomic quantum reality.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

My mistake

I saw Don's newest two entries into the Errata and thought the damages weren't listed.

Mea culpa.

Don, the time stamp for the errata list doesn't update itself everytime a new entry is added.
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Drat!

Those modifers should be plusses, not minuses. There was a time when this chart modified your dice roll, not your target number (in which case it makes sense).

Ross was quoted:
    So, here's how it works. The stun settings stun you for a variable number of rounds depending on the setting. No damage is caused to the character. They just fall down unconscious. Think of it as a wand of sleep spells. =)
    Although for the game I am sure it works fine, wasn't there a line in ST VI about phasers on heavy stun at close range harming a person? No biggie, just wondering...

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    One thing I noticed about the Counselor Elite Profession. It requires, among other things, Social Science 4+ (if you don't acquire it through the Starship Duty ability), but the counselor profession doesn't have Social Science as a class skill...

Was this intentional, and what was the reasoning?
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Page 190. Galaxy Class Specifications.
    12 type-X phasers not 11.
    The 12th is on the stardrive section and is covered when docked
    with the saucer. The secondary torpedo launcher is in the saucer
    and is also covered when docked.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Right, I understood that part. My question was specficially to the lack of Social Science as a professional skill for counselors.

I made a mixed-species counselor as a test character yesterday, and my only concern is that the flexibility in that system seems to make for extremely high attributes. Was this an intentional effect?

Example:

The character is a Betazoid/Vulcan, with Betazoid being her dominant species (based on a friend's character from an online game).

I decided ahead of time that I would take the Strength and Intellect from her Vulcan side, given that they are that race's strong suits. I originally rolled the stats for the counselor, and even without getting a roll above 8 for the Vulcan side, my lowest attribute was 7 (in vitality). The counselor had 9's in everything else except Presence (12).

That's mild compared to what I could do with assigning attributes. Since I knew that the Vulcan dominant attributes would be Strength and Intellect, I basically considered the rest "throw away" stats. I maxed out Str and Int with the 8 bonus points, giving the character a 14 Str and a 13 Int (by virtue of her species bonuses).

Using the same method with the Betazoid part, the 4 and 5 went to the Vulcan dominant stats, with Pers and Perc getting the 10 and 9 respectively. Maxing out those two attributes to 12 and adding two to vitality and one to agility gave me an 8 Agl, 9 Vit, 13 Prs (by virtue of her species bonus) and a 12 Per.

So, her picked attributes would be: 14 str, 8 agl, 13 int, 9 vit, 13 prs, 12 per.

Is this an accurate representation of putting together a mixed-species character's attributes (given that species bonuses are allowed to raise a character's attributes over 12)?
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

>>One thing I noticed about the Counselor Elite Profession. It requires, among other things, Social Science 4+ (if you don't acquire it through the Starship Duty ability), but the counselor profession doesn't have Social Science as a class skill... <<

You ignore the elite profession requirements if you're creating a starship counselor out of the gate. In other words, since Counselor is an elite profession, you can be a Vulcan Merchant and try to become a ship's Counselor. In this case, you need to demonstrate to Starfleet that you have some kind of social science skill before they'll let you become a Starship Counselor.

However, you do not learn social science as a part of your counselor training. If you're setting out to create a counselor, you choose Starship Officer, automatically get the Starship Duty professional ability (which allows you to ignore elite prereqs), and then choose the counselor EP.

The short answer to your question is: Yes, that was intentional.