Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Guide Errata & Typos

Something I've noticed -- the human command officer archtype is listed with the Edge 'Command 1 (Lieutenant JG).'

Wouldn't Promotion define his rank and Command define his responsibility, or am I missing something?

BJ
    "Every subject's duty is the king's, but every subject's soul is his own." -- Shakespeare, Henry V

And one more. Unless I missed a line of text somewhere, 'Promotion' is never listed as an edge for any development package. How, then, does a PC start the game as an LTJG?

BJ
    "Every subject's duty is the king's, but every subject's soul is his own." -- Shakespeare, Henry V

Originally posted by CmdrBluejeans
    Therefore, I must ask: "Every character receives a number of skill picks equal to Int x 2"? Does this mean the Intellect score or the Intellect modifier?
    IIRC, it is Intellect, not the Intellect Modifier. So yeah, that's alot fo points, but limited to what skills and the levels they can be bought at.

Even your maxed out vulcan could only have four skills at 6 levels and one at 2 or all the possible skills at 4 levels each (this includes both Federation Standard and Vulcan as Languages).
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Something I've noticed -- the human command officer archtype is listed with the Edge 'Command 1 (Lieutenant JG).'

Wouldn't Promotion define his rank and Command define his responsibility, or am I missing something?
    Yep. He shoudl read "Promotion 1 (Lieutenant JG)".

And one more. Unless I missed a line of text somewhere, 'Promotion' is never listed as an edge for any development package. How, then, does a PC start the game as an LTJG?
    I can think of two ways, myself. 1) Ask your Narrator nicely if you can substitute Promotion for one of the Edges listed in the development package, or 2) Select a Flaw and have Promotion be the Edge granted to you by it.

Method #3

Advacement-probably the most common one. Makes sense too, not many academy graduates start off as Captains!

Page 71/ Table 3.10 "Operations Officer Skills"

The title of the table clearly states that this table lists the profession skills of the operations officer, however, in the subtitle it makes reference to the engineer officer's professional skills instead of the operation officer's professional skills.

Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom, Earth, Sector 001

The Borg have assimilated a faulty universal translator

Page 210/para 5/line 3

The Borg Collective Forms

"Your technological and cultural distinctiveness will be added to our own" should read "Your technological and biological distinctiveness will be added to our own"

Pge 191/para 1/ line 2

USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D Galaxy Class

"the Enterprise-D was the second of the Galaxy-class explorers to be built by Starfleet"

The Enterprise-D was the third vessel launched (Galaxy and Yamato were the first two)
    Last edited by Captain Leana Craig; 04-27-2002 at 06:32 PM.
    -------------------------
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

"In time of war, the law falls silent"

Admiral Ross to Dr Bashir

Originally posted by Doug Burke

...or 2) Select a Flaw and have Promotion be the Edge granted to you by it.
    Doug, I thought of that, actually, but the rub is that the paragraph on selecting a flaw to get more Edges seems to *imply* that you can only select Edges from your packages that way. I quote Pg 88, 2nd Column, 3rd paragraph, right under the bold 'Aquiring Flaws' section header: "At each stage of creating your characer's background, you may take one flaw, to receive one edge pick at that stage."

Now, I could of course be misreading the intent of the clause 'at that stage'. But I thought it might be equally possible that some kind of 'Universal Edge List' was intended that never made it into the final edit.

BJ

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Also, I think that everyone gets one edge pick during character creation, to be used at any stage of creation...so, if you want to use that to make your character a Lt. j.g., go for it.

And the way I read the flaws part, I interpreted it to mean that you could gain a flaw to get an EXTRA edge.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Also, I think that everyone gets one edge pick during character creation, to be used at any stage of creation...so, if you want to use that to make your character a Lt. j.g., go for it.

And the way I read the flaws part, I interpreted it to mean that you could gain a flaw to get an EXTRA edge.
    This has kinda been my point -- the section on Acquiring Edges implies strongly (at least, I infer strongly from it) than the Edge must be one from the list provided with your package(s). i.e., during the Personal Development and Professional Development stages, you may take a total of one edge from the edge list for either package you've chosen. You may then take a Flaw to get an additional Edge from either list.

I'm just not *sure*, though, hence my posting here.

BJ

Question Fast on Feet??

Ok, under the Helmsman/Navigator Professional package. THere is a edge to choose called "Fast on Your Feet" but is nowhere to be found in the book.

Tom

I don't mean the following statement to sound rude, but speaking as someone who has yet to buy the new game, the above mistakes aren't making things look promising.

Not to come to WotC defense, but I am reminded of what has been said of their Star Wars RPG on this board.

Just the thoughts of a prospective customer.

I quote Pg 88, 2nd Column, 3rd paragraph, right under the bold 'Aquiring Flaws' section header: "At each stage of creating your characer's background, you may take one flaw, to receive one edge pick at that stage."
    I'm fairly certain that the phrase "from the package" or something similar would have been used if you were limited only to what was in the package. "At that stage" was just to say that both the flaw and the edge would be tied to that stage of the Development process. This would also jibe with the idea of having "make your own package" packages at each stage to be used instead of those listed.

the section on Acquiring Edges implies strongly (at least, I infer strongly from it) than the Edge must be one from the list provided with your package(s).
    I can see how you might think that, but the existence of "Make Your Own" packages would imply otherwise (considering they don't have a specific list of Edges). Besides, you can rationalize it as using the "Make Your Own" method to make a package identical to the one there with a different Edge in the list.