Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Player Guide Errata & Typos

The thing is, you could see Favored Attributes and Reactions not so much as abilities gained through training and practice, but more as natural aptitudes that lead you to a specific profession.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Originally posted by PGoodman13
    Make a whole new thread about something and no one comes to play, jump into a long and involved one and you get answers in minutes....
    Oh, I don't know. I posted the same questions (and a few more) a week ago in this thread and only tonyg noticed...

-Chris
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

Originally posted by Argyle
    On page 91, the first professional development package for mystics should be <a href="http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=ascetic">ascetic</a> not <a href="http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=aesthetic">aesthetic</a>. I can't see followers of Kolinahr being very good art critics.
    Interestingly enough (to me anyway), the same mistake was made in the DnD 3E "Defenders of the Faith" book.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Originally posted by Sho-sa Kurita

Interestingly enough (to me anyway), the same mistake was made in the DnD 3E "Defenders of the Faith" book.
    Yeah, I think I saw that too. It seems to be a pretty common mistake.
    "The businessman's job is giving the business."

I don't think it makes sense for favored attributes or reactions to change with the profession. I think the causality for the favored attributes and reactions are a person who has the following strengths tends to gravitate toward this profession - but not the other way around. This is why the favored attributes and reactions follow a character no matter what career changes that character makes. Basically, I think the favored attributes and reactions come from the character, not the job they do.
    Our knowledge can only be finite, while our ignorance must necessarily be infinite
    -Karl Popper

Speaking of the basic Starship Officer's professional abilities:

Capable is listed as a Tier 2 ability requiring Intrepid as a prerequisite. Intrepid is also Tier 2 - wouldn't that make Capable Tier 3? Tier 2 abilities seem to require one prerequisite, Tier 3 seem to need two or one Tier 2 ability which also requires a prerequisite.

Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding the whole Tier numbering thing
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Assasin Tribbles...I mean troubles.

Here's another bit of errata... For the assasin (Elite Profession)...it says that one of the requirements is the "noteriety edge". That's funny, since there is no "noteriety edge". And (until I hear otherwise) I will remain concerned that with just 4 advancements (5 picks per) you could theoretically have an admiral, a founder level PC...just 16 picks. Its amusing since alot of people making up characters have been doing 6+ advancements.

-Darth Sarcastic
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

Originally posted by Imagus
    Speaking of the basic Starship Officer's professional abilities:

Capable is listed as a Tier 2 ability requiring Intrepid as a prerequisite. Intrepid is also Tier 2 - wouldn't that make Capable Tier 3? Tier 2 abilities seem to require one prerequisite, Tier 3 seem to need two or one Tier 2 ability which also requires a prerequisite.

Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding the whole Tier numbering thing
    I believe the intent was to have two each of Tier One and Tier Two Abilities for the Starship Officer while having an additional two of each plus a Tier Three fro the elite professions. This would jibe with the numbers of each for the other basic classes.

Re: Assasin Tribbles...I mean troubles.

Originally posted by Darth Sarcastic
    That's funny, since there is no "noteriety edge".
    I believe Noteriety became the Fame edge.

And (until I hear otherwise) I will remain concerned that with just 4 advancements (5 picks per) you could theoretically have an admiral, a founder level PC...just 16 picks. Its amusing since alot of people making up characters have been doing 6+ advancements.
    An Admiral? Maybe. But he's not going to be much use beyond saying "Go thataway!" A Founder? Doubtful. But that's me.

Let me say that i have made several NPCs for my own game over the past couple of weeks and that the average Advancements given them have been around 6-8. That is a nice experienced level that doesn't overshadow the PCs (converted Icon characters), yet doesn't make them gods.

Once the Narrator's Guide comes out, you will see what some really high-advancement characters look like. The main characters provided in there have between 9 and 66 (!) Advancements.

Admirals don't concern me Asteroid...

Originally posted by Doug Burke

An Admiral? Maybe. But he's not going to be much use beyond saying "Go thataway!" A Founder? Doubtful. But that's me.

I broke down the picks.

Command I - 2 picks
    Command II - 2 picks
    Promotion 7 (Admiral) - 14 picks

18 picks...2 more and you've got 4 advancements. I realize there's more to being an admiral than the shiny rank pin...not that Kirk ever made it look too difficult.

I'm not deliberately trying to be difficult...I just do it so well.

-Darth Sarcastic
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

Yep. As I said, just a mobile "Go there" device.

Just like you can do a Starship Captain on 2 advancements minimum. But would you want such a guy as your boss?

Originally posted by Doug Burke
    Yep. As I said, just a mobile "Go there" device.

Just like you can do a Starship Captain on 2 advancements minimum. But would you want such a guy as your boss?
    Don't laugh...I've worked for plenty of people like that...I think everyone at some point has. The "...I've been made a supervisor so I must be good at something..." crowd. The people who make you wish phasers were real...." I dunno what happened to Phil. The smoking boots under his desk? What about them?"
    Darth Sarcastic