Thread: Got mine early

Talking Got mine early

Thought I would stop by the game store where I pre-ordered the PG a day early just to see if I would get lucky, and it was in.

After skimming the book, I can see that this book is heavily influenced by the D20 system, which is a good thing: it takes the best elements of D20 w/out the innappropriate-for-a-Star-Trek-Setting classes.

Here is something curious from p.10

[snip]

...and the edge of the galaxy is still thousands of light years beyond Federation space a century later...
    [snip]

All I want to know now is how Kirk and Co. managed to travel these thousands of light years to the Galactic Barrier?

Probably the same way they got to the center of the galaxy in STV: the Search for God

Remember Enterprise bashers, even classic Trek had it's inconsistencies...
    They keep telling me that the beat's going to get me, so I'm avoiding the beat at all costs!!

This sounds like an inconsistency with the game, which is not an offical source for the Trek Universe.

Originally posted by Phantom
    This sounds like an inconsistency with the game, which is not an offical source for the Trek Universe.
    Dont count on it... the actual maps shown throughout TOS, TNG and DS9... I wont bother with Voyager and Enterprise, as they are the bone of contention...

While vague these maps had those distances as HUGE, with the Federation as a smaller segment straddling the Alpha and Beta quadrants...

and then all those Warp speed tables worked out from the dodgy screen time journeys, also make the travelling times Stupidly long...

It was, pure and simple, a dodgy plot element used twice, in Where no Man has gone Before' and Star Trek V; Kirks toupé one that most games have ignored... Sad news is, that Rodenberry was just a man, not a god, and made mistake almost as much as B&B.

ANYWAY... Back on Topic.

I am glad the game followed this route, as its the sensible, realistic view, and will help to define the immensity of space...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Perrryyy Guest

Angry

Lenexa's Battlezone website still says "Not available yet"

Ah well. I'll get it after I get back from Florida