Thread: El Aurian Information

Question El Aurian Information

There is a player in my group that is interested in running an El Aurian character, so I have some questions that (hopefully) you all can answer.

Firstly, has anyone worked up an El Aurian template? I've seen the one on the TrekRPG website, but I'm trying to keep my options open, so I'm wondering what else is out there. I'm also curious to know if there is one in All Our Yesterdays (it's the only LUG Trek book that I don't have, so it wouldn't surprise me).

Secondly, how do you all handle the El Aurian ability to sense temporal disturbances? I would suppose that it would be an Advantage (or maybe a psionic skill), but I'm not for certain.

Thirdly, how do you all handle the effects of age (and aging in general) for El Aurians? Truthfully, this is the one that is giving me the most grief.

I have suggested that he play a half-El Aurian, in order to make a balanced, playable character. That way, he could have some of the El Aurian advantages, but not all...and this would hopefully keep him on a somewhat equal level with the rest of the characters.

Any suggestions, notes, or anything else that you all could share would be greatly appreciated!

Greg

------------------
    Seeing the world through a Breen-designed helmet

Well, of course you're right. There IS an El-Aurian Template in ALL OUR YESTERDAYS, or at least an NPC Template and it is updated from what appeared in ST:TNG RPG.
    Frankly, I don't see how the longevity issue could be much of a problem. Most campaigns don't run long enough for it to become an issue. As for prior experience, I see that mostly as a role-playing issue. Sure, your apparently 30ish character may actually be over 300 years old, but stat-wise, he's just the same. Only difference is he can make occasional cryptic comments like, "Your grandfather wouldn't have let him off so easily!" or "Cochrane? Yeah, he was a great guy! Couldn't dance worth a damn, though..." etc. (I personally like the throwaway line used in one of the game sessions that I actually didn't run myself, NPC El Aurian, to command crew "Never thought this 'Federation' would go the distance! Looks like I owe Flint some credits." after a Borg crisis.)
    Guidelines for long-lived characters are available in a sidebar in the Vulcan Sourcebook, if you need more nuts and bolts mechanics.

Thanks Bob! I'll have to give it some thought to see what happens.

If you happen to have All Our Yesterdays, can you tell me if they added anything pertinent to the El Aurian template?

Thanks!

Greg

------------------
    Seeing the world through a Breen-designed helmet

There's an El-Aurian character in All Our Yesterdays? I just flipped through my copy and didn't see anything about them in it. If there is, can someone tell me wbat page or pages it is on?

Smile

Caretaker: the species guideline I've seen is in the TNG core book, on page 279. It's just for attributes and edge ranges/means, and does not take skills or advantages into account, but the All Our Yesterdays book does list several psionic powers and advantages a moderator might want to include in creating an El-Aurian character. :-)