View Poll Results: If you've bought the PG, now that you have it what will you do with it?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • GM - Convert my existing campaign from ICON or FASA

8 21.05%
  • GM- Create a new campaign with Coda

22 57.89%
  • Player - Convert/recreate my Icon or FASA character to play in a campaign

4 10.53%
  • Player- Create an entirely new character.

4 10.53%

Thread: Now that you have Coda...

Now that you have Coda...

Although I STILL don't have it yet, just thought I'd ask the question.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Perrryyy Guest
    I don't have it yet either, but I'll probably opt for creating all new characters if/when I get it.

Mm... My intent is to convert our current ICON campaign to CODA (we haven't been playing for enough time to start over - hey, it's barely beginning). However, I'll discuss that at length with my players, and we'll probably mix a bit of both systems whatever the outcome may be.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I'm waiting for the NG before I make a decision. But my players will be the ones who decide. I'm just the GM
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Being the kind democratic GM that I am, I ruled that my players re-do their characters in CODA. Despite any possible objections.

Anyway, the campaign has just started so it would make little sense to draw up brand new characters or start a whole new campaign. And with this shiny new book sitting in my shelf now...
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

I bought the new Trek PHB because I just didn't feel like buying any more MageKnight figures, but I also wanted some new game stuff. The game shop seems to generally not stock anything I want, so pickings were slim. Then I saw the new Trek book.

I hadn't liked much of anything I'd heard about the upcoming Coda version of the game. Flipping through the book at the store didn't really impress me all that much. But, hell, I was in a good mood. I recently moved out of the rathole where I used to live and have been in a pretty good mood the past couple of weeks.

I can't say that Coda is going to be replacing ICON anytime soon. However, I am going to run a one shot or two with it, to see how my players react. If it works out, then great. If not, then I always have the excellent ICON materials.
    Gabriel Alexander Vampyre

Well, I haven't seen it yet, but its a choice between 'create a new campaign using CODA' and 'use the background material to run a campaign using a different system' - an option which you forgot to include.

Since my LUG campaign never really started, I hope that this new book will be enough incentive for my palyers to start a new one.
    Hoping You'll understand all of this

My players are in debate. They all love the USS Lexington game, but I proposed a new game and 4 out of 6 really like the idea and are game to give it a try. 2 are holding out, but we'll see. Either way we are on hiatus for another month of two.

Thumbs up

We're converting, but then, we were playtesters.

Even so, we did play a few more sessions with Icon. We do tend to like the new game better, so it wasn't a slam-dunk. We're converting characters as well and play a pretty Narrativist style. That is to say, the system really is secondary to the story and role-playing in our group. (IMO)
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Are you converting characters with your rules (Which you once warned made for very powerful characters) or rebuilding?

We're going to recreate some of our original characters in CODA, and build some new ones for some 'spin-off' campaigns. The recreated charcters will be rebuilt from scratch, with some bonus advancements to reflect their time in play in other systems. I don't think I;ll use the conversion rules to port characters over, since I'm actually having more fun rebuilding. But I do plan to use the conversion rules as a guide to convert over some of the species from ICON.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Originally posted by AslanC
    Are you converting characters with your rules (Which you once warned made for very powerful characters) or rebuilding?
    We're converting. You're referring to an earlier draft of the rules, about six months ago, that I didn't write.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Ahhhhh I see sir.

Thank you for the clarification

I have been trying to hammer out an idea for my new campaign the last couple of moths so i will probably star off fresh with Coda once the narrators guide comes out