Thread: Character Sheet Prototype (full-page img included)

Character Sheet Prototype (full-page img included)

Everyone's been mentioning how they dislike the character sheet - I agree while it's great how they tried to implement the ST style, it certainly didn't help this layout.

I've prepared this one-page condensed character sheet as a potential replacement; it prints in color and black and white well enough, and although it's a little rough around the edges due to file compression it seems like it'll do the trick.

Any comments or suggestions would be very helpful - I hope this proves sufficient!

-Pogo

[[EDIT: This image has been removed.]
    Last edited by PogoOfGo; 04-28-2002 at 01:57 PM.

Talking

I don't have a problem with it

GREAT WORK!

Thx a ton, jedi, although I can see it was cut off by the forum (on my screen at least); if you'd like to see the whole thing hop to this link: http://usstangram.homestead.com/file...actersheet.jpg

I also have it the same thing in acrobat format although you should be able to copy the image and use it (they're the same thing anyway).

-Pogo

My only criticism is that it could use some lines to denote where you write (next to attributes, the space that will get used for noting specialties. etc.) and that I would really prefer a unified skill section, with less pre-filled fields. You have one species, one personal and two professional sections listed. That makes it a little inconvenient for adding levels together when you get Systems Operations in both personal and professional development. Also, it's tough if I learn lots of languages as a hobby.

Good work. This is an excellent start.

Lockhart

Revised Version

A pretty big change, but here are the key things I altered:

1. Agreed with Lockhart that the seperate profession sections complicate skill addition and such; all skills have been placed in a single column. Doesn't completely solve the problem of overlap between Personal/Professional skills, but you can always write [bonus added above] or something over that space.

2. Added a portrait space, mostly to add an element of space and image to it.

3. Traits and Abilities sections are now combined with a much larger space for input.

4. While I agree that lines would certainly help clarify an area or two, they also greatly uglify the sheet (to the point where I have to invent the word uglify).

5. Personal features section beefed up: added position and ship like I had wanted too before, as well as a place to record the number of times the character has been promoted.

[EDIT: This image has been removed.]

Thanks again for looking or responding!
    -Pogo
    Last edited by PogoOfGo; 04-29-2002 at 12:06 AM.

Ohhh...that one is like mana from the heavens...nice work.

Please remove the old one if no longer applicable.

Thanks.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

good work!

You've given Don Mappin a run for his money

mmmmmmmmmmm...maybe character sheets for merchants, pirates,
    Cardassian Union, Ferengi Alliance, Borg Collective, etc?

Thx for the suggestion Don, I'll be more mindful of that if I post again ^ ^

jedi, what do you mean by different sheets...different background images (ie the Cardie interface and such)? That could work out but it'd be a lot more complicated for me (and besides, how many cases can you tell your players will prefer Ferengi to Standard sheets?). I was using standard drawing tools to get the interface shown now, but I'll play with some other designs for you.

In any case, I'm definately considering it...the idea of a Borg sheet tickles me orange but I have a feeling drones are going to have some different restrictions from regular characters.

Thx for the inspiration, I'll definately take a look
    -Pogo

Post Revision Three

Here it is, the third revision. I think this pretty much finalizes this design; I've started to play with other racial templates, although it's much more difficult to manipulate the shapes there. I'll see what I can do...

NOTE: "Affiliation" refers to any special organizations the character belongs to...'Starfleet,' 'Tal Shiar,' 'Maquis' and 'AAA' for example.

[Edit: This image has been removed; see the new thread.]

-Pogo
    Last edited by PogoOfGo; 04-29-2002 at 08:01 PM.