Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don's Spiffy Sheet

Lightbulb

Here's a new version. This one's actually useable!

About 35% of the way there. Comments welcome.

[edit] Newer version further in thread...
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Pretty good

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Cool I like it. Better then the one in the book. Can't wait to see it all done.

Question

Any suggestions on how to make it better? Likes or dislikes at this point? I tried to tone down the color to make it less "busy." Should I do more?

The reason I ask is because as I get closer to making it an Acrobat form, the layout has to be 'locked down'--I won't be able to make large changes without having to redo the form code, a time-consuming process.
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Looks very nice...

Would it be possible to add a few more "blank" skill entries, on the back? Or is all that space spoken for? Will the back of the sheet contain much the same information as is found on the back of the "book" sheet?

Thanks.

Re: Re: No color

Originally posted by Don Mappin

Sorry, the color stays. If you don't like the color you can always print it greyscale in B&W. Just because something is done in color doesn't mean you have to print it in color.
    I have to agree with no color. Even if it is printed in b&w that's no promise that the lettering over the color will come out properly. If color is a must I'd go with lighter tones of color so they fade easier when converted to B&W or Greyscale
    Anyone who still uses Frames for a website should be shot.
    Does your sig area really need to be bigger then your post?

I like having colour fine... I'm just wondering why you used those colours, though

And for some reason, my printer won't do colour in greyscale.
    Last edited by The Tatterdemalion King; 04-28-2002 at 08:26 PM.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Layout's solid. The colors are very TNG and I like the graphics. Looks very useable, but until I get -- if I ever get -- my copy of the d***ed game, I can't say on that for sure.

Extra blank skill areas are always useful.

It needs a second sheet with places for history, etc...but I figure you were on that one, anyway.

As usual, Don, you're out front.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Don, I see a big black bar below STAR TREK where the words "Roleplaying Game" should be. What's up?
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Originally posted by erhershman
    Don, I see a big black bar below STAR TREK where the words "Roleplaying Game" should be. What's up?
    Should say "Roleplaying Game" actually. Could be a font compatability problem. I haven't optimized the PDF yet. You using Acrobat 5? Anyone else not seeing that text and drop shadow?

I'm really out of space for more blank spots. How about this, what duplicate skills would you remove for blank spots? Would you prefer another blank spot instead of an Engineering slot, for example?

The second page (or back) will contain much of the same information found in the book on the backside.
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

How bout one "FULL" page devoted to skill slots. I have seen sheet for other various games/systems that used that idea. As most will agree, you can't have TOO many skills.

I thnk you're right on the font compatibility, Don. I see it fine, but I've got a buttload of fonts on the laptop. Tried it on the wife's desktop and the drop shadow /font looked like a bar.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Hey guys...

I came up with a PC Sheet and a PC Development Sheet.

They are more than one page, are black-n-white, no graphics, but are easy to read and clean, and have a good amount of space to write things on.

Is there a place where I can post them...they are in WORD 2000. I can convert them to Acrobat, but when ever I do that they "lose something"...

Thanks

JustaGM

Don,

Are you going to make the sheet so that we can add data?
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

Thumbs up Wow!

Just had a look at your character sheet, and I must say that it looks pretty damn good!
    Anyhow, since you asked for suggestions, I actually have a few :

• About the "number fields". Be it for Attributes, Reactions, or Skills. It'd help if they all showed the same structure. I mean, the attributes use a "opening-half-disc---blank-for-filling-in---closing-half-disc" structure (which I rather like as it is readable even with dark coloured fields). The reactions use a combination of this and plain cartouches, and the skills only use cartouches. This somehow lacks a bit consistence. I'd much rather see the "open-blank-close" everywhere for instance.
    • Courage and renown seem a bit out of place, don't they? I'd put them a bit further from Defense and Initiative, if I could.
    • Height, weight, eyes and hairs don't fully use the "lcars" feel. Was this intentional?
    • Sorry, can't find any other suggestion ... overall, I must say I really like this sheet .

P.S.: I actually <I>like</I> the color scheme .
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)