Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don's Spiffy Sheet

I like the sheet ALOT more compered to the one in the PG. One suggestion though, add more space for skills. Remember, that alot of the skills can have many specilites to them and we can all have more then one language.

When I'm learning a new game I start by making a sample character, one that I probably won't ever use but helps me learn the process. Anyway, in my typical fashion I got really high rolls all around so my sample start with *22* species skills, which is before I even went into his personal and professional packages. When he was finished and it was all said and done he had 5 differant knowledge skills with one of them having two specilites and 2 specilites in system ops. Those two alone would mean I'd have to go to blank paper to record them and then jump back and forth as needed to get the info. So definitally more space for skills, I'd vote for an entire page for skills.

And yes, I like the color scheme to, it's light enough where you can print it out (and photo copy) and still beable to read. Can't wait for it to be done!

Kyle

The new sheet looks very nice.

Suggestions:

If you can find the room.

Add in a spot for an Elite Professions (right nest to profession would be nice).

A spot for Edges and Flaws- possibly between Attributes Reactions and Skills.

A place to track advancements- probably up top.

A place to track personal development and professional development. Being a Starfleet Brat or growing up on a colony world is probably worth keeping track of.

Thumbs up W00T!

I printed the character sheet out today for the first time, both in color and grayscale and I really like it! In fact, grayscale rocks! Forgive me, but I just don't see the problem with people who don't like the color version simply print it as grayscale. The only problem that leaped out at me are the blanks for putting in data--they're actually too light--you can barely see them.

I'm considering another skill-only sheet. Probably an optional third page. Enough people seem to want it to merit doing it.

Tilarium, in regards to your point on skills, the intent is to place multiple specialties with the skill--you don't give each specialty its own entry. Your fourth knowledge skill would go in the blank spot and the two System Ops specialties would go on the Systems Ops line.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Beleive me, I'm used to working with multi sheets to list skills and equivilants . I've yet to print out the sheet so I wasn't certain if there was enough room on the line to list more then one specility or not.

Kyle...Anxiously awaiting the NG along with the Starships, Species, and Creatures supplements

Thumbs up Nice Sheet

[Edit by Moderator- Image removed]
    I had put together a Word 2000 based sheet that was 3-pages for my players, but I think I will share your PDF version. It looks very sharp! It seems to be missing space for Psionic skills and scores, but I am impressed nonetheless. I look forward to the final version. When it is ready to go, can you create an alternate color version for Klingons? Qapla!
    Last edited by METH; 04-30-2002 at 11:04 AM.

Grayscale printout

I have printed the sheet in grayscale, and the sheet looks fine. The text over the darker portions is not obscured at all. Overall, I think we weill be using it in our game.
    Thanks!
    Our knowledge can only be finite, while our ignorance must necessarily be infinite
    -Karl Popper

Very nice character sheet. I like the LCARS design, the colours are a little...hmm...fruity...but I print in black and white so it doesn't bother me.

Just a question; would it be possible to have an alternate sheet with the skill slots empty. Whenever my players (and I'm sure others) create a character, they either max out one set of skills and have to write in tiny letter in between OR they completely get lost looking for their skills on the sheet and prefer to "order" the most important skills from top to bottom.

Again very nice character sheets.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

Okay, I printed the sheet out in black and white and to me the areas fro the Total Reactions, Defense, nad Health were a little dark to see the writing. I'll try grayscale to see if ti makes a difference, though...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Did I miss an update or is this still "In the works"?

Still working on it. For those that haven't read the whole thread:

Yes, it will be multiple sheets (2)
    There will be a third "skill only" sheet with plenty of blank spots
    It will be in Acrobat form version and will do the math for you
    It prints very well as greyscale if you don't like the colors
    Yes, I'm still looking for suggestions

That's about it. There might be a new version up tonight, Aslan. Stay tuned. (I've spent in excess of 10 hours on the current version. It's slow going.)
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Hey, Don, I'm curious... what font do you use for your LCARS graphics? I normally use Impact but is there a better one that you're using?

--Mac

LCARS font

The LCARS font is the Swiss911 font, which should be pretty readily available for download on the net somewhere.

Here's the latest version. I'm going to call this 50% done.

Important change: This version is a form! You can enter your data and the form will do the math for you! I haven't had a chance (working 4 hours straight getting it to this point) to check the math. You are warned.

Let me know about any problems. I recommend Acrobat 5 for this version (and future versions).

[edit] Moved to here.
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Unhappy

Don, I'm sorry, but the sheet I just downloaded looks like one of your earlier versions- with half the skills uncolored. I did try looking at it with acrobat 5 and it was the same. Is there some mistake?
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Hi Don just tried to download your latest version of the sheet and the link points to an older version. Thought you should know.
    (insert obscure quote/snappy line here)
    rook111