Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don's Spiffy Sheet

Talking Don's Spiffy Sheet

I spent a little more time on it this weekend. I'd say I'm about 20% done. This will be an Acrobat form in the final version and two pages. All the math (where possible) will be done for you.

Feedback welcome and suggestions greatly appreciated -- I'm not married to some aspects of the layout. (Or colors.)

It's a whopping 54KB.

[Edit] 4-28 New version down below...
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Perrryyy Guest

Thumbs up

I like it. Especially that you listed what attribute goes with what skill. I wished you'd done that with the LUG character sheets, but I suppose part of that was the sheer number of skills in the game.

Nice work on this one!

I really gotta pick this up when I get back from vacation! (or duing it!)

Character Sheet

I'm just glancing over it and I already like the general layout better than the character sheet provided with the Player's Guide. Not having a black background is a big plus; it takes up less ink when printing or copying. I do have a couple of minor suggestions, if you don't mind:

* Minor nit: How about 'Star Trek Roleplaying Game' at the top next to 'Personnel Record'?

* I don't see a field for Extended Profession. Perhaps combine it with the Profession field?

* A Notes section would be nice for personal character information.

* Since this is a PDF document, you might want to consider making a form out of this document and inserting text fields. I know that with Acrobat Exchange, you can insert text fields and save the PDF file as a form.

I'll have more feedback as I review the sheet. Meantime, keep up the good work!

-John

Smile Not bad at all.

Looks good.

I personally think there should be a little more room for Entertain and Armed Combat Groups though.... Maybe two or three lines for each Group skill at least? Might make the skills move to a second sheet, but might also be more helpful in the long run.

Tom

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Perrryyy
    [B]I like it. Especially that you listed what attribute goes with what skill. I wished you'd done that with the LUG character sheets, but I suppose part of that was the sheer number of skills in the game.

I don't know if this even would have been possible. If I'm not mistaken there really was no set attribute for any one skill. If you are shooting your phaser it Coord. but if you are trying to modify the phaser then it would be Intel. I believe, so I think that perhaps that is why they didn't list that on the LUG sheet.

But anyway back to the topic. The character sheet looks great.

looks pretty good – 'cept for the colours
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Re: Character Sheet

Originally posted by Maltese_Falcon
    * Since this is a PDF document, you might want to consider making a form out of this document and inserting text fields. I know that with Acrobat Exchange, you can insert text fields and save the PDF file as a form.
    Uuum, it is going to be a form. I'm about 20% done. Please read above...
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Thumbs down No color

I don't want any color at all on my character sheet because it becomes much more expensive to print it and more difficult to read. The most comprehensive character sheet would be black and white! Although black on yellow makes for even easier reading...

All these colors are really not neccessary and they actually get in the way. I don't have any complaints about the layout, but all that graphical stuff spoils the image!

I want an easily read character sheet that is comprehensive and utilitarian. It doesn't have to be pretty as long as it works. And this... although it does look very nice! ...doesn't work for me.
    nuqneH!
    tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'?
    naDev tlhInganpu'tu'lu'a'?

Thumbs down Re: No color

Originally posted by Almos
    I don't want any color at all on my character sheet because it becomes much more expensive to print it and more difficult to read.
    Sorry, the color stays. If you don't like the color you can always print it greyscale in B&W. Just because something is done in color doesn't mean you have to print it in color.
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

I continue the motion for no color. Those shaded areas have to go. Just make them b&w outlines if you're really attached to the LCARS format.

Personally, I wish the whole LCARS stuff would just go away.
    Gabriel Alexander Vampyre

I like the LCARS color stuff Don. IF the others don't like it, they should do their own bloody sheet.

Jeez...people wil bitch about anything.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I like color.

Keep the LCARS theme. It is very Trekkish.

Are you going to add Psionics and stuff?
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

wowowowowowowowowowowowowow

BREATHE wowowowowowo.............

I LUV the TNG Federation LCARS version the BEST

good work!

I don't have access to a COLOR printer soooo I DONT care about the colors

I may get the character sheets book.........................................

where did THAT come from?

Patrick Murphy's homepage is gone. It looks like RPG Host has stop using free sites.

This sucks really bad. I was going to ask him to make a character sheet for the new game system.

I thought I would let people know.

Don Help if you can.

Originally posted by Troy_Of_Borg
    Patrick Murphy's homepage is gone. It looks like RPG Host has stop using free sites.

This sucks really bad. I was going to ask him to make a character sheet for the new game system.

I thought I would let people know.

Don Help if you can.
    http://www.mad-irishman.net/