Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Trek 2395

Originally posted by Phantom
    Just out of curiousity why do you not use the Taurhai? I always thought they were the perfect foil for the Romulans.
    Well to be honest, I didn't like the look of them from the Way of D'Era. They looked like big-brained racoons.

The whole Taurhai thing smacked of the Klingon thing from FASA with the "Demons" (what were they called again? Kysha?) to me.

Anywho, I fault no one who uses them, I jsut choose not to.

Now maybe if I saw a better drawing and a pic of one of their ships I might like them, but estetics are a big part of my games.

Originally posted by AslanC

The whole Taurhai thing smacked of the Klingon thing from FASA with the "Demons" (what were they called again? Kysha?) to me.

I believe you mean the Kinshaya.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I liked the idea of the Taurhai, but hated the visual as well, Aslan. I had thought about copping the look of 'Natira' from Farscape -- a good spooky race.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    I believe you mean the Kinshaya.
    Thems the guys!

I found they looked so silly I couldn't bring myself to use them in my game

But I liekd the diea of their ships. Round and black.

Originally posted by qerlin
    I liked the idea of the Taurhai, but hated the visual as well, Aslan. I had thought about copping the look of 'Natira' from Farscape -- a good spooky race.
    Who are they? Season 2 or 3? Cause we are only getting season 2 in Canada right now.

The Kinshaya

If don right the Kinshaya could be quite frightening. I have considered using them in my campaign as well. I was going to use them in a previous campaign but I had to leave the group. I also owe merrick and apology. I told you I would e-mail you a copy of my template for the Kinshaya to you and I never did, as I said earlier I had to leave the group and I lost the drive to do anymore work on something I thought I would not be able to play.
    The black ships are indeed scary and the Kinshaya themselves are indeed demon like.
    Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug.

She's in Season 2, Aslan -- the chick running the 'shadow despository' at the end of the season.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

She's in Season 2, Aslan -- the chick running the 'shadow despository' at the end of the season.
    Well I guess I will see that at the end of the summer. We just had ep 4 of season 2, at the rate of one a week.

Any idea of where I might see a pic?

I suppose punching farscare and natira into google will get you a few hits.

Tried to post a pic, but the bbs isn't having any of it. Sorry

John Stuart Mill

Originally posted by AslanC
    Well to be honest, I didn't like the look of them from the Way of D'Era. They looked like big-brained racoons.

Anywho, I fault no one who uses them, I jsut choose not to.

Now maybe if I saw a better drawing and a pic of one of their ships I might like them, but estetics are a big part of my games.
    The visual I picked up on was a more Minbari like appierance. So I've basicly started adapting B5 stuff for the Tauhari (and the names even sound alike).

I'm sorry if I spoil any of the future episodes

I remember hearing that name, is she the blue-ish chick with Scorpious? If so, I really like that visual --slorp-- (Phoenix cleans drool off key board)
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Hmm I always liked the idea of the Kinshaya, and am toying with using them, in my TOS/TMP campaign once I restart it. The Taurhai I've never used, and never given much thought to. But then my campaign has never wanderd into Romulan territory, so that's mostly why.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

OKay I love the idea of using the Mimbari as the Tauhari, and may steal it to some degree

As for the Farscape girlie. Okay I found some pics and she looks interesting to say the least. I wonder what the rest of her species looks like. Would make an interesting look for the Kinshaya.