Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Reguarding the TOS SRM

A quick bump, with a couple of questions:

1. Are we there yet?

2. Does the TOS SRM feature the ships from the films, Steve?

Thanks in advance.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

1. Depends on where we're going.

2. Yes.

I think I might have figured out part of the original question:

Spacedock is primarily centered on the 24th century, the TNG era and onward. It mentions that a future supplement, which clearly never materialized, would have better support for the 23rd century, the era of TOS and the films. Will the TOS SRM have some of that supplemental material in it, so that those of us who aren't that wild about the 24th century, can build ships in the TOS/film era?

I could conceivably do it with Spacedock as it stands, but the document that exists seems kind of condescending to the TOS era. I realize that attitude wasn't intentional (or I would at least hope that it was unintentional), but the attitude seems to be there nonetheless. I think if there was any one thing that bothered me about LUG-Trel, it was the way TOS was given such short shrift in favor of TNG or DS9. But that's a separate issue.

Anyway, to recap: Will some of the supplemental material to build our own TOS-era ships be included in the TOS SRM?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Steve Long
    1. Depends on where we're going.
    Ooooh, existentialism! Or something like that....
    2. Yes.
    Cool! Thanks a lot.

Spacedock is primarily centered on the 24th century, the TNG era and onward. It mentions that a future supplement, which clearly never materialized, would have better support for the 23rd century, the era of TOS and the films. Will the TOS SRM have some of that supplemental material in it, so that those of us who aren't that wild about the 24th century, can build ships in the TOS/film era?
    Oh, yeah, of course it will! The TOS SRM is exactly what that reference was referring to. The first chapter, about 14,000 words long IIRC, is all about TOS-era ship construction -- phaser banks, solar power units, 23rd century crew quarters and sickbays, and on and on and on. Lots of ship construction goodies.

Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

Originally posted by Steve Long
    Oh, yeah, of course it will! The TOS SRM is exactly what that reference was referring to. The first chapter, about 14,000 words long IIRC, is all about TOS-era ship construction -- phaser banks, solar power units, 23rd century crew quarters and sickbays, and on and on and on. Lots of ship construction goodies.
    Rock on!

Well, by all means, then, let's get this puppy out there so that I can start using it!!!

Bump to top.

BTW, how close are we now to having the TOS SRM??

Originally posted by agdiv
    Bump to top.

BTW, how close are we now to having the TOS SRM??
    Closer than we were on the previous post...

From experience, the guys mean what they say when they say 'Real Soon Now'... It doesn't mean this week, or next (unless it does)... But one day, you'll log on, and there they'll be, with a new thread announcing its arrival, and about 100 new threads either pointing out what was missing, what could have been better, and simply thanking TPTB for a job well done...

Get excited, get real excited.

Just dont hold your breath...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

WIANSL* AFAICT it's just awaiting publication. The layout is finished (that's what I did, in case you are wondering where my info is coming from) and AFAIK Steve forwarded it to Don already.

So if you really must start to hold your breath you might actualy stand a chance of surviving such an endeavor.

But OTOH, as Don is a bussy man with all his writing and maintaining this site and whatnot I strongly suggest you don't start pestering him about the TOS SRM! These things just take the time they take.

*WIANSL = While I am not Steve Long

The book's all done and in Don's hands. Andreas did a superb job with the layout, and I'm sure you're all going to enjoy the book.

I'm equally as sure that Don will post it as soon as he has time. He's an ultra-busy guy, so please don't pester him about it. He'll make it available just as soon as he can.

Thumbs up

Yes, I have the book, the flavor text, and will be putting it online soon. Actually, when I mean soon, I mean within the next 24 hours. This is one of those things that when I lay in bed in the evening, let loose a "drat" for forgetting to take care of. Must put online for my dear friend Steve and to also check off another box on my "to do" list.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

No problem, Don. I figure little things -- like, say, Alloryn -- kinda gotta take priority.

Of course... It would be the day I move house, and have to work out an alternative to a woefully inadequate computer setup including the method of attaching my printer that it becomes 'within 24 hours'... Grrrr.

BTW Cheers for getting right on this one guys... When I have the attachments done I will look forward to purusing the book...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Thumbs up

That's Great, Thanks Guys

Karg

Well, I tried. Password problems have put a delay in getting it online until this weekend, most likely. Sorry!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride