Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Reguarding the TOS SRM

I am hoping it is soon, so I can begin my campaign. It is quite important since I do not have the TOS core book.

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    Well, I tried. Password problems have put a delay in getting it online until this weekend, most likely. Sorry!
    ::tugs politely on Don's sleeve and does his best cocker spaniel impression so that Don will try to fix his password problem and let the rest of us in on the crunchy Spacedock TOS goodness::
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Gentleman,

A few questions if you please:

When will the new spacedock TOS be up on the site ?

When is the Romulan Spacedock book to be up on the site ?

Are there any plans to put up any of the other non-finished icon books up on the site ? (Cardassians, Klingon, Security, Mirror)

Thanks for the Info

Originally posted by Lee T Holstein
    Gentleman,

A few questions if you please:

When will the new spacedock TOS be up on the site ?
    Well, I may not have the inside track... But I imagine the Steve Long quote. 'Real Soon Now', applies here. Its a simple mattre of Real-Life. Read the messages above and you will see that its ready and waiting...

[i]When is the Romulan Spacedock book to be up on the site ?[/B]
    Again, real-soon now. Test-read/play was done a while back, and I believe its in layout... All done free by other members so remember that Real-Life has to come first...

[i]

Are there any plans to put up any of the other non-finished icon books up on the site ? (Cardassians, Klingon, Security, Mirror)

Thanks for the Info [/B]
    Nope. Elements have been handed back to their authors, and some of those were made available on the authors web sites (see the Transporter Room on this very site for details!!!) And elements of the Cardassian book were incorporated (at the authors permission) in the fan based Cardassian sourcebook (Not yet available on this site)...

Unfortunatly the completed documents will never be available as the trights belong to WOC, and the manuscripts either returned to their authors or lost in legal red-tape. I suggest watching for the Decipher versions and working out a conversion system (or sticking with DecTrek)... That will at least cover you for Klingons and Mirror universe shortly...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

To follow up on Dan's post, Don has the TOS SRM and is simply trying to find the time to get it ready for posting here. He's got a lot on his plate, though, so I'm not sure how long it'll be.

The SRM: Romulans was testread in the fall of last year, but I haven't yet had the time/interest to make the necessary corrections. Since it can't be released before the SRM: TOS ERA anyway, no big deal. After TOS is out, I'll probably give the Rommies some more attention as soon as I can free up a little time from my Hero duties.

Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

Originally posted by Dan Gurden
    the fan based Cardassian sourcebook (Not yet available on this site)...
    But it is available elsewhere Search the Icon forums for Cardassians, or give Anomaly a PM!

Originally posted by Dan Gurden
    That will at least cover you for Klingons and Mirror universe shortly...
    DecTrek aren't doing Klingons as such - although there may well be more Klingon info in the Aliens book. I think Mirror Universe is due early next year.
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

DecTrek aren't doing Klingons as such - although there may well be more Klingon info in the Aliens book. I think Mirror Universe is due early next year.
    Huh??? Is this straight from DecTrek or based on their release schedule.

I ask this, because since Decipher got the license they have said they were doing a Klingons book. I know that Decipher has not wanted to do single race books since they sold abysmally, but I remember them saying that they would put one together because Klingons are pretty popular compared to Vulcans or Andorians.

I would like to get an official answer. Ross? Dan? Anyone?
    I love deadlines - I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by
    - The late Douglas Adams

Originally posted by prophetsteve
    Huh??? Is this straight from DecTrek or based on their release schedule.
    Release schedule plus several comments on these boards. They are doing an Aliens book, which will presumably include a lot of info on Klingons, but I have seen no mention of a separate Klingons book.

I ask this, because since Decipher got the license they have said they were doing a Klingons book. I know that Decipher has not wanted to do single race books since they sold abysmally, but I remember them saying that they would put one together because Klingons are pretty popular compared to Vulcans or Andorians.
    Where did you see this? I certainly haven't. Are you sure you're not thinking of the LUG version which didn't quite get published?

I would like to get an official answer. Ross? Dan? Anyone?
    I'm not official though
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Not to be a pest...

... but I'm wondering what the status of this is? I'm looking forward to it, and awhile back it was going to be posted "real soon".

Thanks in advance.

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?

Re: Not to be a pest...

Originally posted by Fesarius
    ... but I'm wondering what the status of this is? I'm looking forward to it, and awhile back it was going to be posted "real soon".

Thanks in advance.
    In other words, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

The last I heard from Don, he was hoping to get it up quite soon, but that was several weeks ago. He's in the middle of (a) completing a move, and (b) doing convention season type stuff for Decipher, so that may be slowing him down.

Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

Now that I have Internet access working from home (yea!) I was actually planning on doing it tonight...
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

I can fully support this....

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    Neeeeeeeever mind. I'm mid move at the moment & can empathize...
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

IT'S HERE!!! IT'S HERE!!! ::does a Snoopy dance in sheerest joy::